Windows 10: Can't activate Windows 10 Home on laptop with old Windows Enterpise installed

Discus and support Can't activate Windows 10 Home on laptop with old Windows Enterpise installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Purchased new Windows 10 Home. Can't activate says Product key did not work. It is an old company laptop from previous employer with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DKana, Apr 15, 2021.

1. DKana Win User

Can't activate Windows 10 Home on laptop with old Windows Enterpise installed

Purchased new Windows 10 Home. Can't activate says Product key did not work. It is an old company laptop from previous employer with Windows Enterrpise still on it.

:)

DKana, Apr 15, 2021

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Can't activate Windows 10 Home on laptop with old Windows Enterpise installed

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Can't activate Windows 10 Home on laptop with old Windows Enterpise installed

1. Can't activate Windows 10 Home on laptop with old Windows Enterpise installed - Similar Threads - Can't activate Home

2. Can't activate Windows on old company laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows on old company laptop: Ok so I purchased an ASUS SonicMaster a few weeks ago from someone on FB Marketplace and I'm regretting it. It came with Windows 10 Pro installed, which I later discovered has been blacklisted?? I attempted to update to the latest version of Windows 11 and realized that there...
  3. Can't activate Windows on old company laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate Windows on old company laptop: Ok so I purchased an ASUS SonicMaster a few weeks ago from someone on FB Marketplace and I'm regretting it. It came with Windows 10 Pro installed, which I later discovered has been blacklisted?? I attempted to update to the latest version of Windows 11 and realized that there...
  4. Can't activate Windows on old company laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Transfer Old Windows 10 Home Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Old Windows 10 Home Activation: I had purchased a full copy of Windows 10 Home for my PC many years ago.A couple of days ago I purchased a full copy of Windows 10 Pro, and upgraded the Windows 10 Home with it.Can I still use that Windows 10 Home Somehow?I was thinking like in a Hyper-V.How would I do that?...
  6. Transfer Old Windows 10 Home Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Old Windows 10 Home Activation: I had purchased a full copy of Windows 10 Home for my PC many years ago.A couple of days ago I purchased a full copy of Windows 10 Pro, and upgraded the Windows 10 Home with it.Can I still use that Windows 10 Home Somehow?I was thinking like in a Hyper-V.How would I do that?...
  7. Transfer Old Windows 10 Home Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 Home - Activation on an old laptop

Windows 10 Home - Activation on an old laptop: Hello, I have just installed a fresh, clean install of Windows 10 Home on an old laptop which formerly ran Windows Vista. As this was my first time doing this on an old machine and I did not know if it would work or run properly on the old machine, I did the installation...
  9. Can't activate Windows 10 Pro when Windows 10 Home was not activated. Can't reinstall Home...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate Windows 10 Pro when Windows 10 Home was not activated. Can't reinstall Home...: I bought Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft store, installed and used it, then wanted more features so I bought and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. For some reason, my system is showing Windows 10 Enterprise. I can't activate the Home or Pro version and I can't downgrade....
  10. Can't activate Windows 10 Home

Can't activate Windows 10 Home: Hi all, I recently reset my PC by reinstalling windows onto a new SSD drive. I used the Media Creation tool and have bought a key online to make it genuine. However, it is not letting me use the key and saying "It looks like the hardware on this device has changed. Make sure...