Windows 10: Can't activate Windows 10 home to pro with newly bought licence key

Discus and support Can't activate Windows 10 home to pro with newly bought licence key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I recently bought a Windows 10 Pro upgrade licence key.I try activating it, but it gives the 0xC004F050 Error.What to do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OlaviHelenius, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Can't activate Windows 10 home to pro with newly bought licence key

Hey, I recently bought a Windows 10 Pro upgrade licence key.I try activating it, but it gives the 0xC004F050 Error.What to do?

:)

OlaviHelenius, Apr 5, 2022
  2. aradne Win User

Windows 10 Pro Licence Expiring - looking for help

I have an HP Elitebook Folio 9470m purchased from a private seller about 6 months ago in late September or early October of 2017. Within the last week I have been getting a pop-up saying that the Windows Licence is about to expire.

The seller had Windows 7 Pro running on it when I bought it and there is a Windows 7 Pro product key in the battery compartment. The seller told me that he had been running Windows 10 for a short period, but did not like it and had rolled the laptop back to Windows 7.

When I purchased it, I immediately updated it to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft website. There were no issues and it has been running Windows 10 Pro without any problem for the last 6 months. I do vaguely remember however that when updating to Windows 10, the process seemed just slightly different than when I updated another laptop earlier in the year.

When I checked the Settings>Activation page now, it says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service" and not a digital licence as on my other laptop. I had assumed that when updating 6 months ago, I had moved to a digital licence for Windows 10. That doesn't appear to be the case.
    I downloaded the activation download tool in the first post of this thread, but it's not running properly. I can try getting it to run if you think it's necessary, but in the meantime I used Jellybean Keyfinder to look for the current Windows 10 product key. It's different from the one listed in the battery compartment for the original Windows 7 install. Keyfinder also lists the registered owner as HP and gives a blank for registered organization. It also states that Windows 10 Pro was "Installed from Volume Media".

I want to continue to run Windows 10 Pro and I would like to know my options. These are the ones I'm considering.

1. On the Settings>Activation page, go to Change Product Key and enter the Windows 7 Pro key that is listed in the battery compartment. I don't know if that will work or if it might also worsen the situation in some way.

2. Purchase a Windows 10 Pro product key from a UK ebay seller for a nominal cost and enter that product key. The seller has over 2000 highly positive reviews over several years so appears legitimate enough that it's been working for people.
    3. Is there any way to convert to a Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence at this stage?
    I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

aradne, Apr 5, 2022
  3. YuGee Win User
    Bought from MS Store BUT NO LICENCE KEY came

I have a new PC with Windows 10 Home pre-installed.

Since I need Windows 10 PRO I went to MS STORE and bought the Upgrade.

It all went well. BUT THERE IS NO LICENCE KEY with the purchase.

The system says "Windows is not activated" and problem shooting says "cannot be activated".

What can I do? Can I get a licence key for Windows 10 PRO without having to pay again?

Thank you

YuGee, Apr 5, 2022
  4. Can't activate Windows 10 home to pro with newly bought licence key

I bought a Windows Ten Pro key and it doesn't work...

You must purchase an upgrade key from Microsoft directly if you want to be sure that the new key will work.

Here's how to do it:

1. Open START
    2. Type Settings
    3. Click Settings or Press Enter
    4. Click Activation & Security
    5. Click Activation
    6. Click Go to Store
    7. Purchase Key
    8. In Settings enter the new Key if it does not do this automatically
    9. Wait for Windows to upgrade
    10. Reboot
    11. DONE!

Now this particular Computer has a working Windows Pro licence!

slicendice, Apr 5, 2022
Thema:

Can't activate Windows 10 home to pro with newly bought licence key

1. Can't activate Windows 10 home to pro with newly bought licence key - Similar Threads - Can't activate home

2. Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key: Hello,I am facing the following problem: I bought a Windows Licence about 7 years ago, it was on my old laptop. I checked the version of the licence key yesterday using Command Prompt and it said that it is a Retail Licence Windows 10 core. I then uninstalled the licence key...
  3. Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key: Hello,I am facing the following problem: I bought a Windows Licence about 7 years ago, it was on my old laptop. I checked the version of the licence key yesterday using Command Prompt and it said that it is a Retail Licence Windows 10 core. I then uninstalled the licence key...
  4. Can't activate Windows 10 home to pro with newly bought licence key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows 10 home to pro with newly bought licence key: Hey, I recently bought a Windows 10 Pro upgrade licence key.I try activating it, but it gives the 0xC004F050 Error.What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-10-home-to-pro-with-newly/51b6b3e8-b880-4cf8-bc3a-fe6ded0a94e8
  5. Can't activate Windows 10 home to pro with newly bought licence key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate Windows 10 home to pro with newly bought licence key: Hey, I recently bought a Windows 10 Pro upgrade licence key.I try activating it, but it gives the 0xC004F050 Error.What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-10-home-to-pro-with-newly/51b6b3e8-b880-4cf8-bc3a-fe6ded0a94e8
  6. Can't activate newly purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate newly purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 10 Home: I have a brand new HP desktop computer, right out of the box.It came with Windows 10 Home. I am using it for work projects so my tech person told me to upgrade to Windows Pro. I purchased Windows Pro from the Microsoft store and received a confirmation email.I got an error...
  7. Can't activate newly purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate newly purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 10 Home: I have a brand new HP desktop computer, right out of the box.It came with Windows 10 Home. I am using it for work projects so my tech person told me to upgrade to Windows Pro. I purchased Windows Pro from the Microsoft store and received a confirmation email.I got an error...
  8. Can't activate newly purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. I can not activate my newly bought windows 10 pro with Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can not activate my newly bought windows 10 pro with Product Key: I have bought a Windows 10 pro oem and a fresh new PC. I have done the following things... 1. I install windows it was offline and at the time of installation, I insert my Product Key. 2. I go to online and get some update. In the middle of downloading updates power...
  10. WINDOWS 10 HOME LICENCE OR ACTIVATION KEY

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 HOME LICENCE OR ACTIVATION KEY: I have purchased a DELL Vostro 15 laptop with windows 10 home preinstalled on it. Neither the invoice nor the box contains windows licence number or activation product key on it . From where can I get the above information. thanks & regards...