Windows 10: Cant activate windows 10 pro after motherboard change .

Discus and support Cant activate windows 10 pro after motherboard change . in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hey, followed the steps ,nothing ,my liscence is digitally connected to my microsoft account ,got error code ,did some search ,logged in my microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VASILEIOSKORONIDES, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Cant activate windows 10 pro after motherboard change .

hey, followed the steps ,nothing ,my liscence is digitally connected to my microsoft account ,got error code ,did some search ,logged in my microsoft account and show two Pc`s identical so i removed the one with the old motherboard ,now i try to activate and troubleshoot will not give me the screen to see my pc , like i removed both from microsoft account , any help?

:)

VASILEIOSKORONIDES, Jan 5, 2019

2. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Windows 10 Pro's license completely glitched out after changing motherboard and CPU

We appreciate your reply. For us to know more about the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you manage to deactivate Windows 10 Pro first before replacing your motherboard?
    • Do you still have the written copy of your product key?
    • Are you using the same hard disk where your Windows 10 Pro product key has been activated? If not, where is this hard disk?
    • Did you replace your hard disk along with your motherboard and CPU?
    • What is the edition of Windows activated on your computer? To know, press Windows + S. Type About, and click it.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you deactivate and uninstall your Windows 10 Pro license from your old motherboard and reinstall it back on your machine using the steps below:

Step 1: Check your your Windows 10 Pro product key using Windows Powershell or Command prompt. Follow the steps below and note down your product key:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt (admin).
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and press Enter:
    • The product key will be revealed, copy the product key.

Step 2: Deactivate and uninstall the Windows 10 Pro Product Key from the old motherboard since it has your license. Follow the steps below:

• To know the Activation ID of your Windows installation. Open a command prompt using the Windows search box and type in
      slmgr.vbs /dlv and press Enter. This will display the detailed license information for the installed operating system.
    • A window will open up and will give you details about your Windows licensing and activation status. Look for
      Activation ID and note it down.
    • On the same command prompt window, type in slmgr /upk <your Activation ID> and press
      Enter. This uninstalls the product key of the current Windows edition. After a restart, the system will be in an Unlicensed state unless a new product key is installed.

Step 3: Activate your Windows 10 Pro to your machine after uninstalling it due to a hardware change, follow the steps below:

• Open a command prompt using the Windows search box and type in
      slmgr /ipk <Windows Product Key> and press Enter.
    • If the key is valid and applicable, the key is installed. If a key is already installed, it is silently replaced. If the key is invalid, an error is returned.
    • Open your Control Panel you will see Windows is activated message.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Cant activate windows 10 pro after motherboard change .

Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

Cant activate windows 10 pro after motherboard change . windows%2010%20pro_zpsfb4x7tmp.png

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Cant activate windows 10 pro after motherboard change .

1. Cant activate windows 10 pro after motherboard change . - Similar Threads - Cant activate pro

2. Cant activate windows after changing motherboards.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant activate windows after changing motherboards.: So I recently had to change motherboards because my older one fried, and now windows wont activate on my new motherboard, and I don't have the funds to buy windows 10 again especially because its 140....
  3. Cant activate windows after changing motherboards.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant activate windows after changing motherboards.: So I recently had to change motherboards because my older one fried, and now windows wont activate on my new motherboard, and I don't have the funds to buy windows 10 again especially because its 140....
  4. Cant activate windows after changing motherboards.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. windows 10 cant be activated after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 cant be activated after motherboard change: I had an activated windows 10 I changed my motherboard and now i cant reactivate windows it says the key is used on another device. I bought another key it wont activate it says i dont have valid digital licence or product key error code : 0xc004c060 now i can no longer...
  6. windows 10 cant be activated after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 cant be activated after motherboard change: I had an activated windows 10 I changed my motherboard and now i cant reactivate windows it says the key is used on another device. I bought another key it wont activate it says i dont have valid digital licence or product key error code : 0xc004c060 now i can no longer...
  7. windows 10 cant be activated after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. i cant activate windows 10 pro after changing motherboards

i cant activate windows 10 pro after changing motherboards: i cant activate windows 10 pro after changing motherboards I originally had bought windows 7 pro from the community college I had been going to so I use to have the damn cd then I did the free upgrade to windows 10 pro and boom they told me the product key is worthless you...
  9. WIndows 10 cant activate after motherboard change.

WIndows 10 cant activate after motherboard change.: I had to change my motherboard recently since it stopped working. After changing it my windows is not activated, and it does not allow me to activate it. When troubleshooting and selecting "I recently changed hardware" it then gives me "Unable to activate windows, we cant...
  10. win 10 pro will not activate after motherboard change

win 10 pro will not activate after motherboard change: win 10 pro will not activate after motherboard change, I had it linked to my microsoft account before the change, it has a digital licence as it was an upgrade from 8.1...