Windows 10: Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key

Discus and support Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey all, I recently bought a refurbished laptop with Win 10 Pro installed. Constant "Activate Windows"in bottom right of screen. Tried to activate,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SunSurfer1776, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key

Hey all, I recently bought a refurbished laptop with Win 10 Pro installed. Constant "Activate Windows"in bottom right of screen. Tried to activate, error code, called Microsoft 4 times, finally got an answer..... my key that is installed is for 10 Home, not 10 Pro that's installed. So how do I revert back to 10 Home without paying $130 for the download that just gives me a new key, and doesn't fix my issue?

A forewarning.... I'm not very techy, It took me an hour to figure out how to get on this community question page, and I've been trying to fix this all day.

Thanks, SunSurfer1776

:)

SunSurfer1776, Nov 8, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Caring1 Win User

Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key

1. Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key - Similar Threads - Can't Activate pro

2. Activation of Windows 10 Home with Windows 10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of Windows 10 Home with Windows 10 Pro product key: Dear All, I was wondering is someone could help me with the following problem: I am using Windows 10 on my Mac through Parallels Desktop Pro. Some time ago I purchased Windows 10 Pro, and I have an activation key for it. I used it for some time, when for some reason I...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Key Downgraded to Home

Windows 10 Pro Key Downgraded to Home: Yes, the title looks dumb but it really happened, I reinstalled my Windows using the .iso, everything ran smoothly no activation prompt just a fresh install of Windows 10 I thought, but It wasn't. I found out that my Windows 10 Pro license got downgraded to a Home Single...
  4. windows 10 home product key activation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10 home product key activation: Hi , If I am activating windows product key in my preinstalled windows 10. Is it hamper my application s/w? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-product-key-activation/12c63e34-b7c3-4b25-9fb2-629314bf290a"
  5. Can't activate Windows Home with my key

Can't activate Windows Home with my key: Hello, So about a month ago this message in the bottom right corner started to show up "activate windows, go to settings to activate windows". When I've bought this laptop that I have about 2 years ago I also bought the Windows 10 Home, but it came in CD and the new Asus...
  6. Can't activate Windows 10 Pro when Windows 10 Home was not activated. Can't reinstall Home...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate Windows 10 Pro when Windows 10 Home was not activated. Can't reinstall Home...: I bought Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft store, installed and used it, then wanted more features so I bought and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. For some reason, my system is showing Windows 10 Enterprise. I can't activate the Home or Pro version and I can't downgrade....
  7. Can't activate Windows 10 Home

Can't activate Windows 10 Home: Hi all, I recently reset my PC by reinstalling windows onto a new SSD drive. I used the Media Creation tool and have bought a key online to make it genuine. However, it is not letting me use the key and saying "It looks like the hardware on this device has changed. Make sure...
  8. Windows 10 activation Home not pro

Windows 10 activation Home not pro: I jusg built a new gaming pc and installed windows off of a flash drive, I chose windows 10 pro and continued without a key. Yesterday I bought a windows 10 home key... when i go to settings to activate it says it does not work. I am assuming this is because the pc says...
  9. Can't Activate Windows 10 Pro

Can't Activate Windows 10 Pro: I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and I intend to use it for home but when I tried activating it said it cant connect to my organization's activation server and I get error code 0x8007232B...
  10. activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key

activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key: hello 10ers! i have tablet running win 10 and a licence for it too. win 10 home is preinstalled on my device. i just need to enter the code off my licence to activate it. however, i have a full licence on the way to me for win 10 pro. can i activate my win 10 home...