Windows 10: Can't activate Windows 10 Pro when Windows 10 Home was not activated. Can't reinstall Home...

Discus and support Can't activate Windows 10 Pro when Windows 10 Home was not activated. Can't reinstall Home... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft store, installed and used it, then wanted more features so I bought and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chris_135, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Chris_135 Win User

Can't activate Windows 10 Pro when Windows 10 Home was not activated. Can't reinstall Home...

I bought Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft store, installed and used it, then wanted more features so I bought and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. For some reason, my system is showing Windows 10 Enterprise. I can't activate the Home or Pro version and I can't downgrade.

Whenever I use the media creation tool, I can't choose the edition to install - it just gives me "Windows 10" and the installation is Enterprise.

I bought from the MS store, so I don't have product keys for a fresh install. I assume I forgot to activate the Home installation. I don't see how to get ISO for Home, to install that and upgrade cleanly to Pro. I'm stuck with a non-activated version of Enterprise somehow.

:)

Chris_135, Feb 22, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Laurijan Win User

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Laurijan Win User

Can't activate Windows 10 Pro when Windows 10 Home was not activated. Can't reinstall Home...

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't activate Windows 10 Pro when Windows 10 Home was not activated. Can't reinstall Home... - Similar Threads - Can't activate Pro

2. I can't activate Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't activate Windows 10 Home: Hello!I wanted to activate Windows 10 Home but it said that it needs to connect to the organization or something but I don't have a Microsoft work or school account. Please help me. Sorry for editing I just forgot to put a screenshot....
  3. Can't activate or upgrade Windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate or upgrade Windows 10 home to pro: I just installed Windows 10 home. Then found out my key is for Win 10 Pro. Tried to activate it but always get the 0xC004F050 error. It is a Windows Pro retail code so it should work, right? Tried the workaround with the default code VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T to upgrade...
  4. Complete reinstall of windows 10 activates as Home not Pro

Complete reinstall of windows 10 activates as Home not Pro: Good day, I had to do a full windows 10 reinstall on my system. No change in hardware. My system comes up under devices under my MS account. Windows 10 is activated after install but is back to home instead of Pro. You can see my pro upgrade under order history but...
  5. My Windows 10 home can't activated

My Windows 10 home can't activated: Hello I'm Rahanif can someone help me i'm am using Windows 10 home but someone has robbed my product key like this 7HNRX-D7KGG-3K4RQ-4WPJ4-YTDFH and snice now i buy windows 10 pro but i want Windows 10 home again...
  6. Can't Activate Windows Home

Can't Activate Windows Home: I can't activate my windows 10 home. error code: 0x8007007B https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-home/33f2bf8c-b12e-4e39-8334-09821231e468
  7. Can't activate Windows Defender. Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't activate Windows Defender. Windows 10 Home: This problem is getting on my nerves, and I am also afraid that I might be infected with something on my PC. So, I cannot turn on Real Time Protection, so basically I don't have any form of protection overall, I cannot perform any scan, and when I click ''Protection History,...
  8. Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key

Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key: Hey all, I recently bought a refurbished laptop with Win 10 Pro installed. Constant "Activate Windows"in bottom right of screen. Tried to activate, error code, called Microsoft 4 times, finally got an answer..... my key that is installed is for 10 Home, not 10 Pro that's...
  9. Can't activate Windows 10 Home

Can't activate Windows 10 Home: Hi all, I recently reset my PC by reinstalling windows onto a new SSD drive. I used the Media Creation tool and have bought a key online to make it genuine. However, it is not letting me use the key and saying "It looks like the hardware on this device has changed. Make sure...
  10. Windows 10 activation Home not pro

Windows 10 activation Home not pro: I jusg built a new gaming pc and installed windows off of a flash drive, I chose windows 10 pro and continued without a key. Yesterday I bought a windows 10 home key... when i go to settings to activate it says it does not work. I am assuming this is because the pc says...