Windows 10: Can't activate Windows 10 Product key after reinstalling Windows

Discus and support Can't activate Windows 10 Product key after reinstalling Windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, last 2 years I got my Dell Laptop fixed by Dell support in warranty. Then the technician sold me a license of W8P/W10 32/64BIT SVC DPK. And I got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ZardNan, Apr 3, 2020.

1. ZardNan Win User

Can't activate Windows 10 Product key after reinstalling Windows

Hi, last 2 years I got my Dell Laptop fixed by Dell support in warranty. Then the technician sold me a license of W8P/W10 32/64BIT SVC DPK. And I got a product key. But today I just reinstall in my Windows actually upgrade from Windows8 to Windows10 and I put those product key I bought. I'm definitely sure I've never used it. But it says that I couldn't activate Error 0x803FA067. So I wonder why?

:)

ZardNan, Apr 3, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 3, 2020
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Apr 3, 2020
  4. OneMoar Win User

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

windows 10 can also activate solely based on HWID no key required how do you think the microsoft store activation works it installs a generic key and activates based on hwid

OneMoar, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't activate Windows 10 Product key after reinstalling Windows - Similar Threads - Can't activate Product

2. Windows 10 Requiring Product Key after reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Requiring Product Key after reinstall: Hello, I reinstalled windows 10 recently onto my SSD. I upgraded to W10 years ago from a valid copy of windows 7, which I believe came with my PC. If I had associated that copy of W10 with a microsoft account, it was deleted a long time ago. Windows now says it is not...
  3. Windows 10 Requiring Product Key after reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Requiring Product Key after reinstall: Hello, I reinstalled windows 10 recently onto my SSD. I upgraded to W10 years ago from a valid copy of windows 7, which I believe came with my PC. If I had associated that copy of W10 with a microsoft account, it was deleted a long time ago. Windows now says it is not...
  4. Windows 10 Requiring Product Key after reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows product key after activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows product key after activation: Hey,So I just installed windows 11 on a new device. On an old laptop I found a retail key so I got the code by typing "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" in the command prompt.I then proceeded to activate windows on the new device.Now, after the...
  6. Windows can't activate with this product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows can't activate with this product key: I have a windows 10 pro installed in my computer and only found out my product key 1 year later today because I used an app that tells you what your product key was I lost the cover of my DVD. Now, when I try to change product key, it says windows can't activate with this...
  7. Windows 10 Activation Key After Reinstall.

Windows 10 Activation Key After Reinstall.: I was having problems installing Windows 10 updates, so I tried doing a clean reinstall of Windows 10. I forgot to write down my product ID, before the re-install. Now, I'm stuck on a screen asking for my product ID. What can I do? I had originally, upgraded from Windows...
  8. Activation of reinstalled windows 10 with windows 8.1 product key

Activation of reinstalled windows 10 with windows 8.1 product key: Is there any difference between windows 10 home edition and windows 10 single core language edition? For the past three years, I am using windows 8.1 and consequently upgraded to windows 10 and it worked well till last week. Due to update failure, I have reinstalled windows...
  9. Reinstalling Windows 10 Product Activation

Reinstalling Windows 10 Product Activation: Is the product key for Windows 10 stored on the motherboard of the PC or in the HDD/SSD, and do I have to purchase a new licence each time I wish to reinstall Windows 10?...
  10. windows can't activate with this product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows can't activate with this product key: I originally got Window 7 on an Asus Laptop, which became Windows 8, then 8.1. All working fine [as far as activation goes]. I upgraded to Windows 10 when it first came out - a free upgrade from Microsoft. IE all legit. Now, suddenly, it says my license is about to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w8p/w10 32/64bit svc dpk