Windows 10: Can't Activate Windows 10 with my digital license on my newly built pc.

Discus and support Can't Activate Windows 10 with my digital license on my newly built pc. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So recently I built myself a new PC. Everything completely new and I wanted to transfer my retail copy of windows onto it. This copy of windows was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mineglitch, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Can't Activate Windows 10 with my digital license on my newly built pc.

So recently I built myself a new PC. Everything completely new and I wanted to transfer my retail copy of windows onto it. This copy of windows was originally for windows 8.1 but I used the free upgrade to get it to Windows 10.

Before I built the PC I checked the activation and it said that my version of windows was activated with a digital license. I ran a activation key checker and found out the following:

Name: Windows 10 Pro

ID: 00330-80000-00000-AA320

KEY: VK7JG-NPHTM-C(7JM-9MPGT-3V66T (Which im lead to believe is the windows 10 pro default key)

I installed windows 10 Pro on my new pc, and signed in with my microsoft account (to which my digital license was linked), however it did not accept this and promptly gave me an error message saying "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key... Error code: 0xC004C003".

I clicked on the troubleshooter and it told me "We weren't able to activate windows on this device." I then went on the 'I recently changed hardware' option and it gave me this screen:

Can't Activate Windows 10 with my digital license on my newly built pc. 53b58af9-886d-431d-9a4f-02b6b241d94f?upload=true.png

I proceeded to check the box and click 'Activate', however this just lead to it saying: "Unable to activate Windows, we can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."

I've had this now for a couple of days and nothing seems to be happening, anybody know how to solve this issue?

:)

mineglitch, Jan 3, 2019

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

4. Can't Activate Windows 10 with my digital license on my newly built pc.

digital license

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Thema:

Can't Activate Windows 10 with my digital license on my newly built pc.

1. Can't Activate Windows 10 with my digital license on my newly built pc. - Similar Threads - Can't Activate digital

2. I had windows 10 digital license but can't activated on my pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I had windows 10 digital license but can't activated on my pc: Wirh error message you dont have avalid license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-windows-10-digital-license-but-cant/c3118544-c984-4b46-8ed1-63f5cd0e68c5
  3. I had windows 10 digital license but can't activated on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had windows 10 digital license but can't activated on my pc: Wirh error message you dont have avalid license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-windows-10-digital-license-but-cant/c3118544-c984-4b46-8ed1-63f5cd0e68c5
  4. I had windows 10 digital license but can't activated on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDR not working on my newly built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not working on my newly built PC: HiI am sure it should work.New AMD Ryzen PC with Windows 11 proGraphics AMD RX 570 - connected via HDMI - 2.0bMonitor Ilyama G-master G2730HSU-B1 - Colour profile installed.My research shows both support HDR but I cannot get it to budge.CheersDavid...
  6. Installing Windows 10/11 in my newly built Asus PC but Error 0xc0000428 the digital...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 10/11 in my newly built Asus PC but Error 0xc0000428 the digital...: Error 0xc0000428 the digital signature of this file couldn't be verified with no listed fileI am installing a Windows 10/11 from Media creation tool of Microsoft, but Windows Boot Manager will appear and said Repair my pc or Error 0x0000428, I cannot install operating system...
  7. Installing Windows 10/11 in my newly built Asus PC but Error 0xc0000428 the digital...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows 10/11 in my newly built Asus PC but Error 0xc0000428 the digital...: Error 0xc0000428 the digital signature of this file couldn't be verified with no listed fileI am installing a Windows 10/11 from Media creation tool of Microsoft, but Windows Boot Manager will appear and said Repair my pc or Error 0x0000428, I cannot install operating system...
  8. Windows not Activating on my newly built PC

Windows not Activating on my newly built PC: Hi Community, I've been using an Intel Core i-5 4670K with an ASUS motherboard build for years (since 2013). Back then I was in university. The university portal gave the students access to official Microsoft products through their licence agreement with Microsoft. When...
  9. Activiating Windows 10 on my newly built PC

Activiating Windows 10 on my newly built PC: I recently built my new gaming rig and noticed that I didn't have my Windows 10 activated even though I had it activated with my previous PC, what do I do?...
  10. Newly built PC, can't activate windows.

Newly built PC, can't activate windows.: Hi all, Throughout this week I bought and built my new PC after the old one had mobo issues. I just finished installing Windows 10 on the new system but it won't let me activate. I fiddled around in my Microsoft account and though that removing the old PC(s) would help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i activate windows 10 on a newly built pc

2. cant activate windows Licence

3. 00330-80000-00000-AA320

4. digital license wont activate windows 10,
  5. cant activate windows 10 with license,
  6. can you activate windows on a newly built pc,
  7. cant activate windows 10 digital license,
  8. cant activate windows using digital license,
  9. windows 10 cant activate digital license