Windows 10: Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key

Discus and support Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello,I am facing the following problem: I bought a Windows Licence about 7 years ago, it was on my old laptop. I checked the version of the licence... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChristianNikolov1, May 18, 2022.

1. Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key

Hello,I am facing the following problem: I bought a Windows Licence about 7 years ago, it was on my old laptop. I checked the version of the licence key yesterday using Command Prompt and it said that it is a Retail Licence Windows 10 core. I then uninstalled the licence key on my old laptop using command prompt and cleared it from the registry. Then I installed windows via the windows creation tool used to create a windows installation file before disabling the licence key on my new laptop. I proceeded to enter the licence key via Settings and Activation, it said my licence key is not va

:)

ChristianNikolov1, May 18, 2022

2. Windows 10 Pro full retail licence

I have a PC running with a full Windows 10 Pro retail licence. I need to replace this PC (it is failing) with a new build and I understand I can use the same licence on the new PC if I uninstall the licence from my current PC. It is on a USB with a product
    key.

I have two questions.

1. Can I use the MS Media Creation Tool 1909 to install Windows 10 Pro on my new PC and later enter my existing product key to activate Windows when I have fully loaded my programs onto my new PC or do I have to uninstall the licence key first.?
    2. If I uninstall the licence key first from my old PC will it still be useable for a few days/week until I have fully loaded my new PC?

JamesMartin_25, May 18, 2022
  3. Chryonn Win User
    Two OEM licence keys (different Windows versions) on one PC

Hello,
    I'm in the process of building another PC and I want to know if it's possible for two versions of Windows to reside next to each other legitimately. I would have windows 7 and 10 as a dual-boot system. So if I buy OEM keys and activate them would one de-activate the other? I know that OEM licence keys are bound to the mobo and are irrevocable. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Chryonn, May 18, 2022
  4. TRWOV Win User

Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key

Get a Windows 10 licence for free if you register on Windows Insider

If you want to upgrade from a Windows 8 license you must install W8, upgrade, get your W10 key and only after that you'll be able to do a clean install of W10.

As for the status of the licences... MS hasn't been straigforward about that... they're using weird wording saying that W10 will remain "activated as long as the hardware is supported" which doesn't actually answer anything.

Remember that for the W10 preview activation you need to install with a Microsoft Account that has been registered on the Windows Insider Program.

TRWOV, May 18, 2022
Thema:

Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key

1. Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key - Similar Threads - Can't activate Retail

2. Storing retail windows 10 licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storing retail windows 10 licence: I have an old computer with a retail windows 10 digital license that is associated with my Microsoft account.I wish to sell this computer but keep the license as in the future I am likely to get another computer and want to use this license.Will this license still be...
  3. Storing retail windows 10 licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Storing retail windows 10 licence: I have an old computer with a retail windows 10 digital license that is associated with my Microsoft account.I wish to sell this computer but keep the license as in the future I am likely to get another computer and want to use this license.Will this license still be...
  4. Windows licence key not activating

Windows licence key not activating: I just bought a genuene Windows 10 pro licence Key but if i try to enter it, it says that a Windows 10 Home licence was found on my pc and that i need to install Windows 10 Home now. I know the key is valid so why isnt it working?...
  5. Windows licence key not activating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows licence key not activating: I just bought a genuene Windows 10 pro licence Key but if i try to enter it, it says that a Windows 10 Home licence was found on my pc and that i need to install Windows 10 Home now. I know the key is valid so why isnt it working?...
  6. Windows licence key not activating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.

Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.: I had in my PC retail licence. I need change to OEM. So i bought OEM licence. When i format my PC and then try to install WIN again and type the OEM licence code, after install when i check version in CMD through slmgr.vbs /dlv. I always end in Retail. Can someone help me...
  8. Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key: Hello,I am facing the following problem: I bought a Windows Licence about 7 years ago, it was on my old laptop. I checked the version of the licence key yesterday using Command Prompt and it said that it is a Retail Licence Windows 10 core. I then uninstalled the licence key...
  9. Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key: Hello,I am facing the following problem: I bought a Windows Licence about 7 years ago, it was on my old laptop. I checked the version of the licence key yesterday using Command Prompt and it said that it is a Retail Licence Windows 10 core. I then uninstalled the licence key...
  10. windows 10 activation with a retail key

windows 10 activation with a retail key: hello so my problem is simple i have a windows 10 professional retail key not affiliated with my Microsoft account about 5 month ago i bought a new hard drive and installed a new copy of windows on it (yes the version is pro) and when i entered the key it said that it wasn't...