Windows 10: Cant activate windows 10

Discus and support Cant activate windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Years ago i bought Windows 7 from a shop (disc long since thrown away) and then did the free upgrade to Windows 10 Home. Yesterday i built a new pc,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ben44XS, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Ben44XS Win User

Cant activate windows 10

Years ago i bought Windows 7 from a shop (disc long since thrown away) and then did the free upgrade to Windows 10 Home.

Yesterday i built a new pc, wrote down my product code and ID from the old PC and created a boot disc.

Now when i try and activate my new PC it says the code is invalid, i spoke to microsoft and they said that this code (that worked fine for years) is blocked, but they couldnt say why.

This cant be right can it?

I wanted to email microsoft to send them a screenshot i took of my system page but also cant find an email address for them.

Anyone got any ideas?

:)

Ben44XS, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 4, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jan 4, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

Cant activate windows 10

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Cant activate windows 10 [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Cant activate windows 10

1. Cant activate windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cant activate

2. I cant find my original windows key but i bought a new one but cant activate it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant find my original windows key but i bought a new one but cant activate it: I downloaded a virus downloading mods and my windows key is gone so i just bought a new key but cant activate it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-original-windows-key-but-i-bought-a/d742586c-ffca-490e-a4a4-371a755df8ff
  3. I cant find my original windows key but i bought a new one but cant activate it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant find my original windows key but i bought a new one but cant activate it: I downloaded a virus downloading mods and my windows key is gone so i just bought a new key but cant activate it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-original-windows-key-but-i-bought-a/d742586c-ffca-490e-a4a4-371a755df8ff
  4. i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant...: i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant connect to its server. How do i change it? can i buy a key to change to windows 11 pro or equivate?there is no product key under the laptop...
  5. i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant...

i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant...: i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant connect to its server. How do i change it? can i buy a key to change to windows 11 pro or equivate?there is no product key under the laptop...
  6. i cant able to activate the windows 11 pro........from 1month its showing u have to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant able to activate the windows 11 pro........from 1month its showing u have to...: i cant able to activate the windows 11 pro........from 1month its showing u have to activate but i dont have any product key of that please solve my problem....
  7. i cant able to activate the windows 11 pro........from 1month its showing u have to...

i cant able to activate the windows 11 pro........from 1month its showing u have to...: i cant able to activate the windows 11 pro........from 1month its showing u have to activate but i dont have any product key of that please solve my problem....
  8. I cant activate windows 10 and theres message says ''we cannot activate windows as you are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant activate windows 10 and theres message says ''we cannot activate windows as you are...: I have purchased a second-hand laptop and I can't activate Windows 10. A reoccurring message pops up saying windows is not activated and "we cannot activate windows since you are not connected to your organizations activation server. please connect to your organizations...
  9. I cant activate windows 10 and theres message says ''we cannot activate windows as you are...

I cant activate windows 10 and theres message says ''we cannot activate windows as you are...: I have purchased a second-hand laptop and I can't activate Windows 10. A reoccurring message pops up saying windows is not activated and "we cannot activate windows since you are not connected to your organizations activation server. please connect to your organizations...
  10. I cant activate windows 10 and theres message says ''we cannot activate windows as you are...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade