Windows 10: Can't Activate Windows 10

Discus and support Can't Activate Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The HP laptop I had installed Windows 10 Pro on died. I pulled the hard drive (a Samsung SSD) out, wiped it clean, put it in the replacement computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NickMertes, Dec 2, 2019 at 10:27 PM.

1. Can't Activate Windows 10

The HP laptop I had installed Windows 10 Pro on died. I pulled the hard drive (a Samsung SSD) out, wiped it clean, put it in the replacement computer, & loaded Windows 10 Pro on again. Then that hard drive died. I loaded Windows 10 on another Samsung SSD I had on hand. Now when I try to activate Windows, I get an error message (0xC004C008) indicating that the product key had been used on another device. At some point, the activation app in Settings indicated this was not a genuine copy of Windows. It absolutely is genuine as it loaded just fine for over a year on the laptop that died.

How do I get this genuine copy of Windows activated?

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

4. P4-630 Win User

Can't Activate Windows 10

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

Thema:

Can't Activate Windows 10

1. Can't Activate Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't Activate

2. Can't activate Windows after hardware change after inserting the key and troubleshooting...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate Windows after hardware change after inserting the key and troubleshooting...: Hello, few days ago, I replaced mobo, processor and RAM in my desktop PC. When I turned on my PC, i got "Activate Windows" message (I have Windows 10 Education version). After I hit troubleshooting button after I insert my key (I'm 100% sure that the key is right), I get...
  3. After hardware change I can't able to activate Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After hardware change I can't able to activate Windows: I had upgraded my PC to Windows 10 Pro from Windows7 (product key) way back. It was working properly. Yesterday I have changed my MB, HDD etc.. After that I failed to activate windows10 Pro. I have done clean installation with USB media version 1903. Please help...
  4. Can't activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

Can't activate Windows 10 after a hardware change: Just changed the motherboard, CPU, RAM and GPU on my PC. So when I started windows again it said my windows was not activated. I tried to follow the steps for "Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change" but it says that it has not found any devices linked to my...
  5. Can't activate Windows

Can't activate Windows: I just built a new PC and installed Windows 10 education on my new SSD but i can't activate them with the key i have. I run troubleshoot but it did nothing. I get this error 0x803FA067...
  6. Can't activate windows 10 after a big hardware change.

Can't activate windows 10 after a big hardware change.: I've had times in the past where logging into my microsoft account would simply activate windows for me, this was done through a decently big hardware change before, so I'm confused as to why it isn't working now. I switched from Intel to AMD, off of ddr3 to ddr4, basically...
  7. Can't activate windows after using my old hardrive in a new PC

Can't activate windows after using my old hardrive in a new PC: I built a PC about 6 months ago, but when I put the hardrive from my old refurbished laptop into the pc, windows wouldn't activate. It asked for a code, which I did not have since it was either A. a refurb and didn't come with one or B. I got the laptop about 3-4 years ago...
  8. Can't activate digital key of Windows 10 on PC after a number of motherboard replacements.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't activate digital key of Windows 10 on PC after a number of motherboard replacements.: Long story short I have had a slew of motherboard issues with my PC so I've had to replace the MOBO several times and now windows won't activate. I was under the impression that the digital license I purchased from the MS store was tied to my MS account but I suppose this...
  9. Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key: Hey all, I recently bought a refurbished laptop with Win 10 Pro installed. Constant "Activate Windows"in bottom right of screen. Tried to activate, error code, called Microsoft 4 times, finally got an answer..... my key that is installed is for 10 Home, not 10 Pro that's...
  10. Can't locate Activation Key from old PC/HDD. Need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't locate Activation Key from old PC/HDD. Need help!: If this is the wrong location for this or duplicate, I will remove when I'm informed of so. I had an old HP workstation PC recently start crashing giving me that "Something has gone wrong" blue screen. This PC was nearing a decade old so I decided to rebuild outside of...