Windows 10: Can't activate Windows after bios update and clean install upgrade to Windows 11.

Discus and support Can't activate Windows after bios update and clean install upgrade to Windows 11. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I had an activated Windows 10 pro linked to my Microsoft account running on this machine. I wanted to upgrade to windows 11 long ago, but I had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JuanDechia, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Can't activate Windows after bios update and clean install upgrade to Windows 11.

Hi, I had an activated Windows 10 pro linked to my Microsoft account running on this machine. I wanted to upgrade to windows 11 long ago, but I had a problem/error basically telling me that my Mother Board Bios wasn't supported, so I went to the ASUS site to find the latest Bios for my Mother Board and it was supported by Windows 11, so I updated it and right after I decided to set up a copy of Windows 11 on an USB drive using the "Windows Media Creation Tool" and make a clean install of Windows 11. For that I clicked on "Advance Installation" and "deleted" all partitions on the drive where

:)

JuanDechia, Mar 21, 2023

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Mar 22, 2023
  3. No More Clean-Installs for Vista Upgrades

When users were upgrading to Windows XP, the procedure was that users could simply insert their old Windows 98 or Windows 2000 CD at the appropriate time during a clean install without the need for the old OS to be installed at the time. However, Microsoft has decided to change this for Vista, and now requires a fully installed and activated version of your old OS already on the machine. This comes as an attempt to prevent illegal use of upgrade CDs, but could be inconvenient and time consuming when the time comes to reinstall. The new procedure for a reinstall is as follows:
    • Install your old copy of Windows XP
    • Activate it either online or over the phone
    • Install Vista
    Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Mar 22, 2023
  4. Wile E Win User

Can't activate Windows after bios update and clean install upgrade to Windows 11.

Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: Perform a Clean Install with a Vista Upgrade Disc - Windows Vista Tips / Tricks /Tutorials | Vista Rewired

Wile E, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

Can't activate Windows after bios update and clean install upgrade to Windows 11.

1. Can't activate Windows after bios update and clean install upgrade to Windows 11. - Similar Threads - Can't activate bios

2. Windows 11 not activated after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not activated after BIOS update: So after updating my BIOS and adding another stick of RAM to my PC, it suddenly notifies that I need to reactivate Windows again. But after entering my product key, it still says "We can't activate Windows on this device"...
  3. Windows 11 not activated after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not activated after BIOS update: So after updating my BIOS and adding another stick of RAM to my PC, it suddenly notifies that I need to reactivate Windows again. But after entering my product key, it still says "We can't activate Windows on this device"...
  4. Can't activate Windows 11 after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows 11 after BIOS update: In my PC I have an Asus motherboard and recently applied a BIOS update, which included an update to the TPM chip.My Windows 11 Pro is no longer activated, and I've tried as many things as possible to get it working without any luck.I'm an IT professional certified in Azure...
  5. Can't activate Windows 11 after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate Windows 11 after BIOS update: In my PC I have an Asus motherboard and recently applied a BIOS update, which included an update to the TPM chip.My Windows 11 Pro is no longer activated, and I've tried as many things as possible to get it working without any luck.I'm an IT professional certified in Azure...
  6. Can't activate Windows after bios update and clean install upgrade to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows after bios update and clean install upgrade to Windows 11.: Hi, I had an activated Windows 10 pro linked to my Microsoft account running on this machine. I wanted to upgrade to windows 11 long ago, but I had a problem/error basically telling me that my Mother Board Bios wasn't supported, so I went to the ASUS site to find the latest...
  7. Can't activate clean install after upgrading from Win7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate clean install after upgrading from Win7: Hello, I'm trying to activate my Windows 10 with the key I got from the upgrade I did with Windows 7. I used a virtual machine for the upgrade and it did activated but after a clean install it just saying I can't activate it. The actions I did: 1. Install win7 on...
  8. Clean install after upgrade Windows NOT activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean install after upgrade Windows NOT activating: Did a clean install after a Windows 10 Pro upgrade, from a disk created from an ISO from media creator...all went ok, but says Windows not activated....just telling me to go to the store and buy a licence or enter a new key.... It was activated before I did the clean...
  9. Can't activate windows after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate windows after clean install: I just did a 'clean' install of Win 10 Pro 64bit on to my old Win 7 Pro 64bit HDD so that I could migrate my wife's Win 10 Pro 32bit apps and programs over the the 64bit OS. First, I thought 'clean' meant also formatting the HDD because it didn't. I find all my old...
  10. Windows 10 will not activate after upgrade / clean install?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not activate after upgrade / clean install?: Hey Guys I upgraded from 8.1 (genuine Sony Vaio ) using the media creation upgrade option, it installed and activated to windows 10 pro. I then used the same media creation tool to download the iso and used Rufus to put it onto a usb so that I could do a clean install....