Windows 10: Cant activate windows after Pc SSD wipe

Discus and support Cant activate windows after Pc SSD wipe in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So when I built my pc I use a USB drive that had windows on it from my old laptop and when I used it, it activated windows and installed it. Everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lil_Mike_Jr, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Cant activate windows after Pc SSD wipe

So when I built my pc I use a USB drive that had windows on it from my old laptop and when I used it, it activated windows and installed it. Everything was going fine then one day I decided to wipe my SSD which had my windows on it I used the same USB drive But it didn't activate windows. I was also told if I logged into my Microsoft account that was used on my old laptop that had activated windows my windows would be activated on my pc. I logged into my Microsoft account used on that laptop and nothing happened. Now I'm stuck without an activated windows account and I don't want to have to rebuy windows. anyone got any solutions or anything I can try , anything would help thanks :

:)

Lil_Mike_Jr, Nov 18, 2020

2. Cant activate windows 10 after wipe, key is from windows 8.1 that i upgraded from

Hi Ryan,

To assist you better, we would like to confirm if Windows 10 is activated before you wiped your computer.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • On the left pane, choose Activation.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 18, 2020
  3. URGENT: How to WIPE HDDs before Selling my PC

I have 2x 500gb HDDs in RAID 0 and 1x SSD with windows 7 installed on it.

Is there a way to completly WIPE my hard drives WITHIN windows (since windows is not on my HDDs but on my SSD?

What about my SSD?
    It's only got Windows 7 on it with NO personal data. Can I just sell my PC and keep my SSD as is ?
    Or should I wipe it as well?

Any EASY way to do this as I'm not an expert on Formatting and Wiping drives

jonathan1107, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Cant activate windows after Pc SSD wipe

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Cant activate windows after Pc SSD wipe

1. Cant activate windows after Pc SSD wipe - Similar Threads - Cant activate SSD

2. Cant activate Windows after changing PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant activate Windows after changing PC: I know I have MS account registered for my license. I been using it for a years now and It works really fine. Today, I decided to change PC and as far as I remember I can migrate my license since it is connected to my MS Account but I cant activate Windows. I tried to run...
  3. Cant activate Windows after changing PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant activate Windows after changing PC: I know I have MS account registered for my license. I been using it for a years now and It works really fine. Today, I decided to change PC and as far as I remember I can migrate my license since it is connected to my MS Account but I cant activate Windows. I tried to run...
  4. Need to wipe SSD. Will windows still be activated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to wipe SSD. Will windows still be activated?: Hello. I need to wipe my SSD because I cannot boot into windows. I have tried everything but I still cannot boot into windows. So I am planning to wipe my SSD clean. Can I still reactivate windows 10 pro after wiping my SSD? I still have the product key.Thank You....
  5. Need to wipe SSD. Will windows still be activated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to wipe SSD. Will windows still be activated?: Hello. I need to wipe my SSD because I cannot boot into windows. I have tried everything but I still cannot boot into windows. So I am planning to wipe my SSD clean. Can I still reactivate windows 10 pro after wiping my SSD? I still have the product key.Thank You....
  6. Need to wipe SSD. Will windows still be activated?

Need to wipe SSD. Will windows still be activated?: Hello. I need to wipe my SSD because I cannot boot into windows. I have tried everything but I still cannot boot into windows. So I am planning to wipe my SSD clean. Can I still reactivate windows 10 pro after wiping my SSD?Thank You....
  7. wipe ssd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wipe ssd?: I like to reinstall windows every now and then to make it fresh again, a few months ago I bought the Western Digital SN750 NVMe M.2 SSD. When I tried to wipe it using the bootable usb thumb drive I created in the WD Dashboard non of the operations worked (sanitize, format and...
  8. Wiping SSD

Wiping SSD: My computer's not working right now, so I'm planning on wiping my ssd can fresh installing windows 10, if I were to wipe it, would I be able to use the same windows product key again? submitted by /u/JEEL13 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows activation after HD wipe

Windows activation after HD wipe: Hello fellow forum posters, I have a laptop that requires a complete HD wipe. It has a valid, activated version of Windows 10 Home. I'm not sure if there is a way to keep it activated. So I would not have to pay the $60 to re-activate Windows. So, is it possible to do this?...
  10. SSD wiped after reboot?

SSD wiped after reboot?: So after installing Gigabyte RGB fusion and restarting pc my whole SSD with windows on it got wiped, i've never seen this before! Lost all my documents in the process (luckily i had a backup from 2 years ago...) How is this even possible? submitted by /u/TheAngryRedBull...