Windows 10: CAN'T ACTIVATE WINDOWS DEFENDER....."SECURITY AT A GLANCE" IS BLANK.... "VIRUS & THREAT...

Discus and support CAN'T ACTIVATE WINDOWS DEFENDER....."SECURITY AT A GLANCE" IS BLANK.... "VIRUS & THREAT... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello to all, These are all symptoms, that theWindows Defender Antivirus Service is missing from your PC. Display the "Services" screen and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GlenProuty, Mar 26, 2020.

1. CAN'T ACTIVATE WINDOWS DEFENDER....."SECURITY AT A GLANCE" IS BLANK.... "VIRUS & THREAT...

Hello to all,

These are all symptoms, that theWindows Defender Antivirus Service is missing from your PC.

Display the "Services" screen and scroll down to the Windows Defender services. W10 Pro should

have 4 services described, and W10 Home should have 3 services described. You will probably find

the service named above is not there. This problem is becoming more prevalent!

Apparently, some form of malware, that Windows Defender does not identify, is removing this Service.

If in your process of repairing this problem, you run MalwareBytes to clean your PC, please report back

what it finds, from its Detection History. Since this malware is not identified by Windows Defender.

It may be nothing more than a PUP with apunch. Probably a good idea to set your WD for PUP detection.

If you find that Windows Defender Antivirus Service is missing, there are probably only two ways to

restore it. Please see my response in this thread. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...activate/c64676e9-8982-4405-bc47-13ed4799a353

Any questions regarding the link? Please respond.

Glen

:)

GlenProuty, Mar 26, 2020

2. Virus & Threat Protection not show up in Windows Security

Hello,

My name is Jennifer, an independent advisor trying to help.

Here you have the steps to activate it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/401298...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

https://www.howto-connect.com/disable-enable-vi...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it

Regards.

JenniferCooper19, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Ashton Win User
    Suppress "Windows Defender Antivirus did not find any threats..." notification on Windows 10

You can turn off Enhanced Notifications for Windows Defender:

1. Press Windows + i.
    2. Click Update & Security.
    3. From the Update & security sidebar, click Windows Defender.
    4. Scroll to the Enhanced notifications section and select No.

If you do not see Enhanced notifications as an option (likely because you are running Windows 10 15042 or newer), include the following additional steps:

1. Click Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    2. Click Virus & threat protection.
    3. Scroll down and click Change notification settings.
    4. Turn off Receive recent activity and scan results.

This will turn of successful updates and only notify you critical events.

Ashton, Mar 26, 2020
  4. CAN'T ACTIVATE WINDOWS DEFENDER....."SECURITY AT A GLANCE" IS BLANK.... "VIRUS & THREAT...

Cannot turn on Windows Defender virus protection

I had the same sort of symptoms. In the Windows Security Center, under Virus and threat protection, it said "Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization."

CAN'T ACTIVATE WINDOWS DEFENDER....."SECURITY AT A GLANCE" IS BLANK.... "VIRUS & THREAT... wm5Jc.png

I note you mentioned the Registry Keys under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Defender. Nice spotting, but it seems like there is another key that is causing the problem for some users.

Steps to a solution:

1. Press the Windows key and type "regedit"
    2. On the regedit icon that appears, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Navigate to the folder located at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender (You can paste this into the address box at the top of the window, or navigate manually using the side directory structure)
    4. In this folder, there are probably two keys. Right-click and Delete the DisableAntiSpyware key.
    5. Exit regedit, and return to the Windows Defender settings screen (refresh it if necessary). Windows Defender should have the scan options available and working.

Solution adapted from here, with a much more detailed solution here.

MechtEngineer, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

CAN'T ACTIVATE WINDOWS DEFENDER....."SECURITY AT A GLANCE" IS BLANK.... "VIRUS & THREAT...

1. CAN'T ACTIVATE WINDOWS DEFENDER....."SECURITY AT A GLANCE" IS BLANK.... "VIRUS & THREAT... - Similar Threads - CAN'T ACTIVATE DEFENDER

2. Security at Glance+Virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Security at Glance+Virus: Help my security and windows update is not working I can't see the Windows Health Services in the Service and tried some of the techniques in YouTube like commands in the cmd or restart my pc i saw a program running and research it turns out it was a virus i open the location...
  3. Security at a glance page in Windows Security is blank

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security at a glance page in Windows Security is blank: Security at a glance page in Windows Security is blank. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-at-a-glance-page-in-windows-security-is/48be47a3-1535-4731-bad3-1701269e9400
  4. Windows 'Security at glance' is blank

Windows 'Security at glance' is blank: Windows 'Security at glance' is blankI tried to many ways to recover it but its not recovering Points Gathered by me which helps to solve it1.Windows Update Service Missing2.Security Centre Service Missing3.When I download that files and register it. then all files come in...
  5. Security at glance for Virus & Threat Protection missing

Security at glance for Virus & Threat Protection missing: Hi can anyone show me how to make the security at glance permanently active? I've already try to delete the policy manager in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Policy Manager, its ok for a while but somehow it happening again and the policy came...
  6. Windows defender security at a glance

Windows defender security at a glance: Does this means that my pc has a virus or malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-security-at-a-glance/51f24fb9-d3e0-45bb-90c7-bab83af3f655
  7. Security At A Glance is blank

Security At A Glance is blank: Split from this thread. Hi the same case happen to me.. did you already resolved the problem of blank screen on windows security? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-at-a-glance-is-blank/d324c5cb-32d3-4d12-928e-8adf1988932a
  8. Windows Security Security at a glance page is totally blank. Windows Defender gone?

Windows Security Security at a glance page is totally blank. Windows Defender gone?: So when I click the Windows Security App, the section that says "Security at a glance" it totally empty.[ATTACH] I did some digging with some help from some tutorial I found that my Windows Defender is gone. It's not where it's supposed to be in my Services. [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Defender/Sercurity at a glance is blank.

Windows Defender/Sercurity at a glance is blank.: I went to scan my PC today and when I went into my security center it was blank and not giving me any options to do anything. Please help! Thank you![IMG]...
  10. Windows defender security at a glance

Windows defender security at a glance: Hi sir/mam how are you...im here with a problem with the windows defender i'm not able to scan..and the controlled folder is completely disabled im not able to make it "on" and yes the first view in the windows defender all the icon of security (virus & threat ....etc) are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security page is blank

2. security at a glance blank

3. windows security at a glance folder empty

4. open windows security securit at a glance blank screen,
  5. security at a glance windows 10,
  6. security at a glance missing,
  7. your security at a glance page not working microsoft