Windows 10: Can't Activate Windows First Activation, after Hardware Change

Discus and support Can't Activate Windows First Activation, after Hardware Change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10Pro on an old computer, UnActivated. Then, I changed the CPU and MOBO. Today I purchased an activation code, but windows is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Izaakh, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Izaakh Win User

Can't Activate Windows First Activation, after Hardware Change

I installed Windows 10Pro on an old computer, UnActivated. Then, I changed the CPU and MOBO. Today I purchased an activation code, but windows is reporting the hardware has changed error 0xC004F211. I can't "change product key", because this is my first and only product key. Troubleshooter says "We weren't able to activate Windows on this Device". When I click "I recently changed hardware on this device", it assumes I'm trying to transfer a license, but I'm not.

Thoughts?

:)

Izaakh, Mar 28, 2021
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

3. Activation problems after hardware changes and reinstallations.

Hi Meli,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Was Windows 10 activated before re-installing it?

Along with the suggestions provided by Greg, you can also refer the steps below.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?:

Why can't I activate Windows?

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:

Get help with Windows activation errors

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Can't Activate Windows First Activation, after Hardware Change

Windows Activation?

Windows will do this if it detects a significant (their word, questionable use) hardware change, and will ask you to reactivate.

After a key has been activated X number of times, you will have to call to activate it.

Couple of tips for the phone call: You can use your keypad, and when they're telling you keys, instead of saying "Repeat that" and "Continue" type 1 and 2. With these tips, that activation call will only last you about 4 and a half minutes.

DanishDevil, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Can't Activate Windows First Activation, after Hardware Change

1. Can't Activate Windows First Activation, after Hardware Change - Similar Threads - Can't Activate Activation

2. Can't activate Windows after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate Windows after a hardware change: My PC was originally running Windows 10 Professional Version 2009 before it was sent for servicing due to some issues. There was some major hardware changes on the same PC and now it is running Windows 10 Home. I have tried using the 'Troubleshoot' button in Activation under...
  3. Can't activate windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate windows after hardware change: Hello, my motherboard+cpu died and I changed them, since then the Activate Windows appeared on bottom right.I have tried everything I could find .I bought Windows 10 from windows website, on pc I'm connected with my windows account, I tried the troubleshoot but it says " We...
  4. Can't activate windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate windows after hardware change: Hi there, I just recently upgraded my PC, after the first set of hardware changes it was fine, but had some issues. Once I swapped out the motherboard Windows says its no longer active. My key is 6W4HJ-GNR9P-HRJBC-CPDWY-8FG3V. I am not using it on any other machines, and it...
  5. Can't Activate After Hardware Change

Can't Activate After Hardware Change: I've ran all the troubleshooters, gone through all the support articles. Everything fails for one reason or another. It use to be that you could call Microsoft and get a person to help you activate your OS. But now it seems like this place is the only option for getting help...
  6. can't activate windows after hardware change

can't activate windows after hardware change: Hello, I changed my motherboard and cpu and now I can't get windows 10 to activate. Error code 0xC004F012 Before my license was genuine. And I bought a new one and it still gives me the same errors. I tried the troubleshoot I get error 0xc0000022 but I don't get the...
  7. Can't Activate windows after hardware change

Can't Activate windows after hardware change: Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. I've recently built a new PC and transferred my harddrive over. It now says I need to activate windows 10. Following the steps through it says it is unable to active windows. It is a retail version of windows which was originally...
  8. Can't activate after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't activate after hardware change.: So, a few days ago my Mainboard broke. I bought a new one and had to buy a new cpu and ram. Now the problem is windows 10 isn't activated anymore and if I try to activate it with my product key, it says that my key is invalid and that I should run the troubleshooter. The...
  9. Can't activate windows after a hardware change

Can't activate windows after a hardware change: So, I just changed my motherboard, CPU, and RAM. I log back into my computer and now it's telling me to activate windows. I go through the troubleshooting and say I recently did a hardware change, select my computer to activate, and now it's telling me it can't activate for...
  10. Can't activate Windows after hardware change

Can't activate Windows after hardware change: I recently changed hardware in my pc and windows isn't activated anymore. I went through the troubleshooter and the windows support site, but nothing has fixed it. The error 0xC004F211 doesn't go away. I have a digital license key, so I cannot use a product key to reactivate....