Windows 10: can't activate windows hello and finger scan

Discus and support can't activate windows hello and finger scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a ThinkPad laptop model T460 from Lenovo. I have the hardware for finger scan but can't enable it. Can you help? Also can I use iris scan to log... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ali AhmedAl Malhani, Nov 16, 2018.

1. can't activate windows hello and finger scan

I have a ThinkPad laptop model T460 from Lenovo. I have the hardware for finger scan but can't enable it. Can you help? Also can I use iris scan to log to my account? If yes, how?

:)

Ali AhmedAl Malhani, Nov 16, 2018

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Nov 16, 2018
  3. santhukn Win User
    Finger print enrollments with Win hello feature in Win 10

Hi ,

I will brief my Issue / Questions here :

While enrolling finger prints to win hello , the maximum number of enrollments will take upto 10 fingers

But the 10 finger prints which we have enrolled doesn't listed like finger print 1,2,3,4,5, etc...

and also while removing the enrollments , all enrollments are removed with one click.

So please suggest me is this expected???

Regards

santhosh

santhukn, Nov 16, 2018
  4. can't activate windows hello and finger scan

Windows Hello - Finger Print scanner

Hi Nalintha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that finger scanner is not working after upgrading to Windows 10.

This may occur due to outdated or incompatible drivers. Let's try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the finger scanner drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Right click on your finger scanner device.
    • Click on Update Driver Software
      and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Hope this helps you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

can't activate windows hello and finger scan

1. can't activate windows hello and finger scan - Similar Threads - can't activate hello

2. windows hello finger print doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hello finger print doesn't work: Hello i'm having a problem with my windows hello. I can't set up finger print protection. when i click on set up button for finger print, and the get started button, it keeps loading and loading and if i move my pointer, it cancels the process :Have you any same...
  3. windows hello finger print doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows hello finger print doesn't work: Hello i'm having a problem with my windows hello. I can't set up finger print protection. when i click on set up button for finger print, and the get started button, it keeps loading and loading and if i move my pointer, it cancels the process :Have you any same...
  4. why my finger print scan is not working? what is windows hello?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my finger print scan is not working? what is windows hello?: What is Windows hello and why my finger scan is not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-finger-print-scan-is-not-working-what-is/d5a04e80-b807-4d41-bd48-a5c43912b1b9
  5. why my finger print scan is not working? what is windows hello?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why my finger print scan is not working? what is windows hello?: What is Windows hello and why my finger scan is not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-finger-print-scan-is-not-working-what-is/d5a04e80-b807-4d41-bd48-a5c43912b1b9
  6. Windows Hello: Finger print and Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello: Finger print and Pin: Hi! I somehow removed my pin once and changed it. Then I totally removed it afterwards. Then, I couldn't add a new pin. At the same time, I also can't set up my fingerprint. What can I do to fix this? I can't click on set up or add. [ATTACH]...
  7. finger point not reconize by windows hello

finger point not reconize by windows hello: hi i have laptop dell xps13 9380 with fingerpoint but windos hello says that i dont have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-point-not-reconize-by-windows-hello/080c4abd-b16a-47e2-a201-212858885623
  8. Windows Hello and finger print recognition problems.

Windows Hello and finger print recognition problems.: I have an older HP ProBook 4730s with camera and fingerprint recogition device. Since downloading Windows 10 when I open the Settings window and look at the sign-in options I no longer have the fingerprint option available. I wanted to download Windows Hello but I haven't...
  9. Windows 10 says "hello" to finger scan, but doesn't actually log me in (similar post,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 says "hello" to finger scan, but doesn't actually log me in (similar post,...: Running Windows 10 Home Version 1803 on a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260 When I attempt to login with my fingerprint windows hello recognizes me but does not log me in. I am told the PIN is not available. This is a local account (one of the previously proposed solutions) Tried...
  10. Windows Hello and Eikon Finger Print reader?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello and Eikon Finger Print reader?: I just built a new computer and transferred my Win10 license and fingerprint reader to it. However, Win Hello says the machine is not viable for Windows Hello. I believe I had this same problem on the old machine at first, but I can't remember what I di to fix it. I Saw a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate windows hello

2. how to activate windows hello

3. i cant activate windows hello

4. how to activate windows hello fingerprint,
  5. cannot activate windows hello fingerprint,
  6. cannot deactivate windows hello,
  7. t460 windows hello,
  8. cant activate windows hello,
  9. troublehoot hello activation,
  10. windows hello in windows 10 fingerprint activation,
  11. cant activate window hello,