Windows 10: Can't activate Windows Home with my key

Discus and support Can't activate Windows Home with my key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, So about a month ago this message in the bottom right corner started to show up "activate windows, go to settings to activate windows". When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Monika Skvarnaviciute, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Can't activate Windows Home with my key

Hello,

So about a month ago this message in the bottom right corner started to show up "activate windows, go to settings to activate windows". When I've bought this laptop that I have about 2 years ago I also bought the Windows 10 Home, but it came in CD and the new Asus laptop didn't have a CD slot, so my brother had to download windows in USB flash drive so he could install the windows in my new laptop. Everything was fine until now...

I tried several times to press "Change product key" but my Windows code doesn't work. So then I troubleshooted and it says that I WIndows 10 home digital licence for my device is running windows Pro. How could that happen?? I don't even need Windows Pro, Home is enough, that is what I bought..

How can I fix this? Please help. Thank you!

P.S. I attached a picture of the message Can't activate Windows Home with my key a5628f94-de6a-4ac0-a629-6dc5045085be?upload=true.jpg

:)

Monika Skvarnaviciute, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Duyenhip Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Apr 5, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Apr 5, 2019
  4. FX-GMC Win User

Can't activate Windows Home with my key

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Can't activate Windows Home with my key

1. Can't activate Windows Home with my key - Similar Threads - Can't activate Home

2. My Original product key can't be used to activate Windows Home.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Original product key can't be used to activate Windows Home.: My school installed a Windows Enterprise on my PC. When I tried to revert to my original version of Windows Home through Activation in Settings, Error 0xc004f050 showed. The product key I used should most likely be the original as it was retrieved through the "wmic path...
  3. My Original product key can't be used to activate Windows Home.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Original product key can't be used to activate Windows Home.: My school installed a Windows Enterprise on my PC. When I tried to revert to my original version of Windows Home through Activation in Settings, Error 0xc004f050 showed. The product key I used should most likely be the original as it was retrieved through the "wmic path...
  4. My Original product key can't be used to activate Windows Home.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. windows 10 home activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 home activation key: Hi. I have a windows 10 home single language that was upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now, it gives me a warning that my license is going to expire soon. Trying to enter my activation key from windows 10 home but is not working. The product key is built-in from the unit...
  6. windows 10 home activation key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 home activation key: Hi. I have a windows 10 home single language that was upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now, it gives me a warning that my license is going to expire soon. Trying to enter my activation key from windows 10 home but is not working. The product key is built-in from the unit...
  7. windows 10 home activation key

windows 10 home activation key: Hi, my pc's laptop always say's "activate windows" although windows comes with the pc. when i press "trouble shoot" it says "something interrupted our troubleshooting". I've been trying this for 2 weeks now. i'm very confused pls help : it might be a virusRegards,Tobe sorry...
  8. ACTIVATING MY WINDOWS 10 HOME PRODUCT KEY

ACTIVATING MY WINDOWS 10 HOME PRODUCT KEY: Hi, I have a windows 10 pro edition that wasn't activated so when I went ahead and bought the windows 10 home and did all the installations than I went ahead and tried to activate it with the windows 10 home product key but it said that the product key you entered didn't...
  9. My Windows 10 home can't activated

My Windows 10 home can't activated: Hello I'm Rahanif can someone help me i'm am using Windows 10 home but someone has robbed my product key like this 7HNRX-D7KGG-3K4RQ-4WPJ4-YTDFH and snice now i buy windows 10 pro but i want Windows 10 home again...
  10. Can't Activate Windows Home

Can't Activate Windows Home: I can't activate my windows 10 home. error code: 0x8007007B https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-home/33f2bf8c-b12e-4e39-8334-09821231e468

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate windows hello