Windows 10: Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

Discus and support Can't activate Windows no matter what I do in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Noticed that the key shown in ShowKeyPlus is the same 'default' key you're told to use in https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023300. That's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rzn6jw, Dec 20, 2017.

1. rzn6jw Win User

Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

Noticed that the key shown in ShowKeyPlus is the same 'default' key you're told to use in https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023300.
    That's supposed to trigger MS into activating the OS but doesn't.

Still can't figure out why slui doesn't work. Idea above involves using slui to get phone activation but doesn't work here. Nothing has been indicated of anything in the taskbar waiting a reply (or anywhere on the desktop either).

Tried running slui 4 from my Pro PC (activated) and it doesn't work either.

rzn6jw, Dec 21, 2017
  2. rzn6jw Win User

Here's 2 'Showkeys', the first is from my Pro 64bit FCU, the second is from the problem Home 64bit. The 1st shows, not only the default key but also the original Win 7 retail key. The second showkey shows none of that. Keep in mind that I installed the Home 64bit .iso on a blank HDD on the Home PC instead of installing directly on the then current C:/ drive (where I suspect any keys would be stored).

Can't activate Windows no matter what I do [​IMG]

Here's a showkey from the original Home 32bit installation. It shows the default key and the retail key. So I'm beginning to think this problem has something to do with the change to 64bit not being installed on the original C:/ drive. Or am I wrong?

rzn6jw, Dec 21, 2017
  3. rzn6jw Win User
    After a reboot, the Windows key/r works but when I enter 'slui' and select OK, it takes me directly to the 'Enter Product Key' screen (no other options except 'Next'), not Call and provide your installation ID screen, so phone support seems to be out here.

rzn6jw, Dec 21, 2017
  4. Chuck38 Win User

Exact same thing happened to me when I upgraded my motherboard.

Have you tried contacting Microsoft support directly?

When I was unable to active Windows 10 I contacted them through the live chat option. I explained my problem and they talked me through a couple possible solutions, but none of them worked so I granted them remote access to my PC and within 5 minutes they were able to activate it for me.

Chuck38, Dec 21, 2017
  5. Word Man Win User
    Word Man, Dec 21, 2017
  6. Superfly Win User
    Please note phone activation (slui 4) will only work with Win 10 keys installed (not the default)

I may have missed it, but which error code appears when entering either Win 7 key?

Edit: OIC... "no errors" mentioned in the OP.. Run a diag report there will be some event log erros that will help

Activation troubleshooting - Windows 10 Forums

Superfly, Dec 21, 2017
  7. rzn6jw Win User
    Superfly: code is 0x0803F7001.

rzn6jw, Dec 21, 2017
  8. rzn6jw Win User

Superfly - results:

rzn6jw, Dec 21, 2017
  9. Superfly Win User
    The activation server is not picking up a digital licence...

The report's event log shows a sequence of events (a single error does not tell the full picture)... if you do not want to post it, PM me the full report.

You may have to go back to Win 7 and phone activate as your key may have expired online activation.

Edit: Just saw your screen shot - it's not validating... but does show a digital licence... try running sfc /scannow

Superfly, Dec 21, 2017
  10. rzn6jw Win User
    The only issue with going back to Win 7 is that it was an upgrade from XP, not a full install, even though I have the retail product key. So how would I reinstall a working copy of Win 7 Home?

rzn6jw, Dec 21, 2017
  11. Superfly Win User
    Dont worrý 'bot that now.... run sfc and lemme know - we need to get the activation server to recognise the DL.

Superfly, Dec 21, 2017
  12. Superfly Win User
    .. and once sfc /scannow completes.. run in cmd:

slmgr /ato

Superfly, Dec 21, 2017
  13. rzn6jw Win User

Not having too much luck:

rzn6jw, Dec 21, 2017
  14. Superfly Win User
    That's an unusual error .. send me the diag report...

Superfly, Dec 21, 2017
  15. rzn6jw Win User
    Is there a phone number I cal call for an installation number since slui doesn't work.

rzn6jw, Dec 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Can't activate Windows no matter what I do - Similar Threads - Can't activate matter

2. Can't activate windows 11 no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate windows 11 no matter what I do.: For the past week I've been spending 2-4 hours every single day trying to activate windows and I can't. I have tried EVERYTHING. When I try to activate windows it sent me down a rabbit hole of error codes I don't remember all of them but the first one is 0x8007000d. I have...
  3. Can't activate windows 11 no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate windows 11 no matter what I do.: For the past week I've been spending 2-4 hours every single day trying to activate windows and I can't. I have tried EVERYTHING. When I try to activate windows it sent me down a rabbit hole of error codes I don't remember all of them but the first one is 0x8007000d. I have...
  4. I can't download anything no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download anything no matter what I do: No matter what i try, I can't download anything. It just says "Virus scan failed" and nothing else every time, I primarily use Chrome but I've tried Edge too the only other browser installed and the problem persists. I've deleted Mcafee, Windows Security is disabled, and I've...
  5. I can't download anything no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download anything no matter what I do: No matter what i try, I can't download anything. It just says "Virus scan failed" and nothing else every time, I primarily use Chrome but I've tried Edge too the only other browser installed and the problem persists. I've deleted Mcafee, Windows Security is disabled, and I've...
  6. I can't download anything no matter what I do

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Can't delete a file no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a file no matter what I do: I've installed a program that i didn't like, so I deleted it. Once deleting it there are 3 ".sys" files that I can't delete. It says that "Another program has it open". In resource monitor, I couldn't find any program that had any of theese files open, not even explorer. I...
  8. Can't delete folder no matter what I do.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't delete folder no matter what I do.: Whilst downloading a third party software, I accidently downloaded a bloatware antivirus. I tried deleting it, and it told me it required permissions from " " to be deleted. After doing tons of steps to change the permissions to my own Account Name, it still tells...
  9. No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....: No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe from a question I got answered more than a year ago!!! It is driving me crazy!!!! STOP THE MADNESS!!!!...
  10. Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows no matter what I do: This is the same title of the issue I reported December 21, 2017. That issue was upgrading the hardware on my wife's PC. I now have the same issue on my PC. History: Ran Win 7 Pro. Upgraded to free Win 10 Pro. Changed CPU and mobo. No activation issues. Installed CU and...