Windows 10: Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

Discus and support Can't activate Windows no matter what I do in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Title. PC first had Win 7 Home 32bit (retail with key). Upgraded to Win 10 Home 32bit from free MS web upgrade when it came out. OS activated just fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rzn6jw, Dec 20, 2017.

1. rzn6jw Win User

Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

Title. PC first had Win 7 Home 32bit (retail with key). Upgraded to Win 10 Home 32bit from free MS web upgrade when it came out. OS activated just fine then.

OS automatically upgraded itself to Fall CU. No activation issues.

Upgraded to Win 10 Home 64bit via Media Creation kit. Had activation issues. Finally was able to activate via the old Win 7 Home 32bit product key.

Upgraded PC mobo and installed new memory.

Now, cannot activate no matter what. First, it said activation servers were down. Then, Win 7 key was invalid. Now, no errors except that it won't activate, even using Troubleshooting app.

There used to be a phone number I could call to talk to a real person about this and get it resolved. Does anyone know it?

Or, does anyone know how I can activate this at this point? Or do I have to buy a retail key?

:)

rzn6jw, Dec 20, 2017
  2. SZ RN Win User

No matter what I do I cannot complete importing pictures from iphone 6S to Windows 10 pics app

I tried everything but to no avail. It recognizes the pictures and says 274 found and when I hit import it shows them as selected. However, if I click again on import nothing happens and I can't find any other function to allow actual saving of the photos
    in the photos app on my PC laptop. What to do? I have searched high and low and no one seems to have the answer for Windows 10.

SZ RN, Dec 20, 2017
  3. No matter what I do I cannot complete importing pictures from iphone 6S to Windows 10 pics app

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

To be able to assist you better, let us know if you are referring to the iTunes application. If yes, I would suggest you to download the latest version of iTunes from here:

iTunes - Download iTunes Now

Write to us with the updated information. If the issue still persists, feel free to write to us and we woeul be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 20, 2017
  4. Word Man Win User

Word Man, Dec 20, 2017
  5. rzn6jw Win User
    Nothing happens. Even tried from Windows Powershell. Nothing.

By the way, on my PC, when I right-click on the start menu, I get listed - Command Prompt. On this PC it's Windows Powershell. What's up with this? Both are Fall CU and 64bit, just Pro and Home.

rzn6jw, Dec 20, 2017
  6. Word Man Win User
    Word Man, Dec 20, 2017
  7. rzn6jw Win User
    OK, got the Command Prompt back but still nothing happens with SLUI 4.

rzn6jw, Dec 20, 2017
  8. Word Man Win User

As the tutorial says, you enter that in a RUN prompt (Option 4, Step 1), not command or powershell.

Word Man, Dec 20, 2017
  9. rzn6jw Win User
    Yeah, I did it both ways but nothing happens. I did get the attached from issuing a SLMGR /dlv from a Command Prompt.

Can't activate Windows no matter what I do [​IMG]

Just as an FYI, I installed from the Fall CU Home 64bit .iso on to a blank formatted HDD and signed on with my wife's user ID (she's the one using this PC).

If I went the really long way about this - reinstall Win 7 Home 64bit with retail product key, and upgraded to Win 10 Home 64bit using the new Win 10 Home Fall CU .iso, do you think that'll work?

I also ran Showkeyplus and the key displayed is nothing near the old Win 7 key. Don't know where it came from.

rzn6jw, Dec 20, 2017
  10. Word Man Win User
    Both ways? Not from RUN?
    @Brink - I'm getting the same result in my Win 10 Home. From RUN prompt, "SLUI 4" seems to cause nothing to happen. What am I missing in the tutorial or has there been a change in recent updates?
    @Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Word Man, Dec 20, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Odd, "SLUI 4" is still working for me in build 17063. *Confused

Brink, Dec 20, 2017
  12. rzn6jw Win User
    I tried to run SLUI 4 from the command prompt, Run, and Powershell and nothing happened. What's the phone number for this activation. Willing to try anything at this point.

Also, this is v1709, build 16299.125

rzn6jw, Dec 21, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

rzn6jw,

When you run "slui 4", check to see if you may see a default app icon on your taskbar to indicate if the "Select your country or region" window may just be hidden behind another window or offscreen.

Brink, Dec 21, 2017
  14. Word Man Win User
    Word Man, Dec 21, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Can't activate Windows no matter what I do - Similar Threads - Can't activate matter

2. Can't activate windows 11 no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate windows 11 no matter what I do.: For the past week I've been spending 2-4 hours every single day trying to activate windows and I can't. I have tried EVERYTHING. When I try to activate windows it sent me down a rabbit hole of error codes I don't remember all of them but the first one is 0x8007000d. I have...
  3. Can't activate windows 11 no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate windows 11 no matter what I do.: For the past week I've been spending 2-4 hours every single day trying to activate windows and I can't. I have tried EVERYTHING. When I try to activate windows it sent me down a rabbit hole of error codes I don't remember all of them but the first one is 0x8007000d. I have...
  4. I can't download anything no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download anything no matter what I do: No matter what i try, I can't download anything. It just says "Virus scan failed" and nothing else every time, I primarily use Chrome but I've tried Edge too the only other browser installed and the problem persists. I've deleted Mcafee, Windows Security is disabled, and I've...
  5. I can't download anything no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download anything no matter what I do: No matter what i try, I can't download anything. It just says "Virus scan failed" and nothing else every time, I primarily use Chrome but I've tried Edge too the only other browser installed and the problem persists. I've deleted Mcafee, Windows Security is disabled, and I've...
  6. I can't download anything no matter what I do

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Can't delete a file no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a file no matter what I do: I've installed a program that i didn't like, so I deleted it. Once deleting it there are 3 ".sys" files that I can't delete. It says that "Another program has it open". In resource monitor, I couldn't find any program that had any of theese files open, not even explorer. I...
  8. Can't delete folder no matter what I do.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't delete folder no matter what I do.: Whilst downloading a third party software, I accidently downloaded a bloatware antivirus. I tried deleting it, and it told me it required permissions from " " to be deleted. After doing tons of steps to change the permissions to my own Account Name, it still tells...
  9. No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....: No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe from a question I got answered more than a year ago!!! It is driving me crazy!!!! STOP THE MADNESS!!!!...
  10. Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows no matter what I do: This is the same title of the issue I reported December 21, 2017. That issue was upgrading the hardware on my wife's PC. I now have the same issue on my PC. History: Ran Win 7 Pro. Upgraded to free Win 10 Pro. Changed CPU and mobo. No activation issues. Installed CU and...