Windows 10: Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

Discus and support Can't activate Windows no matter what I do in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Where do I get the report? The only error screen was the one above. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rzn6jw, Dec 20, 2017.

1. rzn6jw Win User

Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

Where do I get the report? The only error screen was the one above.

rzn6jw, Dec 21, 2017
  2. rzn6jw Win User

One other thing, the above attachment is from the .iso W10 Home 64bit FCU that was installed on a blank HDD. The original 32bit HDD is still installed in the case and available to boot from. However, since I did the mobo install, that version will not activate either.

rzn6jw, Dec 21, 2017
  3. rzn6jw Win User
    OK, got better results except it is wanting to do an upgrade so I'm letting it run. Will get back here as soon as it stops doing things.

rzn6jw, Dec 21, 2017
  4. Superfly Win User

Well yes, when you change the mobo a new DL has to be generated.

Superfly, Dec 21, 2017
  5. I'm thinking that Microsoft is not seeing the key as 'Retail' but rather Microsoft is seeing a 'OEM' key.

From post #1
    From post #1
    Picture in post #7 shows Retail
    I don't think Microsoft is seeing Retail.

If my thinking is correct.
    Because you have change your motherboard the 'OEM' key is not working.
    Microsoft see changing motherboard as a new computer and a OEM key will only be good on the system it was first activated on.
    As far as I know you can use a OEM key on another system only with Microsoft's permission.
    I don't know how one would could fix this misunderstanding without calling Microsoft.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 21, 2017
  6. rzn6jw Win User
    EUREKA! See attached. How do I thank you? I guess we'll never know what happened except maybe things got lost or screwed up when I did the .iso to a blank drive.

Again, thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't activate Windows no matter what I do [​IMG]

rzn6jw, Dec 21, 2017
  7. Superfly Win User
    Hey bud... Merry Chistmas! Super glad ...*Cool

Superfly, Dec 21, 2017
  8. Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

Wright Write that key down and put in a safe place.

Is your system activated properly at this time?

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 21, 2017
  9. Word Man Win User
    Cool beans! Happy Holidays!

Word Man, Dec 21, 2017
  10. rzn6jw Win User
    Can't activate Windows no matter what I do [​IMG]

Yes, it's activated and the key's in a real safe place.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas to all of you, too.

rzn6jw, Dec 21, 2017
  11. axe0 New Member
    Corrected.

12. Thanks axe0.

I corrected the post # 36.

Jack

Layback Bear, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't activate Windows no matter what I do - Similar Threads - Can't activate matter

2. Can't activate windows 11 no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate windows 11 no matter what I do.: For the past week I've been spending 2-4 hours every single day trying to activate windows and I can't. I have tried EVERYTHING. When I try to activate windows it sent me down a rabbit hole of error codes I don't remember all of them but the first one is 0x8007000d. I have...
  3. Can't activate windows 11 no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate windows 11 no matter what I do.: For the past week I've been spending 2-4 hours every single day trying to activate windows and I can't. I have tried EVERYTHING. When I try to activate windows it sent me down a rabbit hole of error codes I don't remember all of them but the first one is 0x8007000d. I have...
  4. I can't download anything no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download anything no matter what I do: No matter what i try, I can't download anything. It just says "Virus scan failed" and nothing else every time, I primarily use Chrome but I've tried Edge too the only other browser installed and the problem persists. I've deleted Mcafee, Windows Security is disabled, and I've...
  5. I can't download anything no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download anything no matter what I do: No matter what i try, I can't download anything. It just says "Virus scan failed" and nothing else every time, I primarily use Chrome but I've tried Edge too the only other browser installed and the problem persists. I've deleted Mcafee, Windows Security is disabled, and I've...
  6. I can't download anything no matter what I do

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Can't delete a file no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a file no matter what I do: I've installed a program that i didn't like, so I deleted it. Once deleting it there are 3 ".sys" files that I can't delete. It says that "Another program has it open". In resource monitor, I couldn't find any program that had any of theese files open, not even explorer. I...
  8. Can't delete folder no matter what I do.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't delete folder no matter what I do.: Whilst downloading a third party software, I accidently downloaded a bloatware antivirus. I tried deleting it, and it told me it required permissions from " " to be deleted. After doing tons of steps to change the permissions to my own Account Name, it still tells...
  9. No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....: No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe from a question I got answered more than a year ago!!! It is driving me crazy!!!! STOP THE MADNESS!!!!...
  10. Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows no matter what I do: This is the same title of the issue I reported December 21, 2017. That issue was upgrading the hardware on my wife's PC. I now have the same issue on my PC. History: Ran Win 7 Pro. Upgraded to free Win 10 Pro. Changed CPU and mobo. No activation issues. Installed CU and...