Windows 10: Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

Discus and support Can't activate Windows no matter what I do in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is the same title of the issue I reported December 21, 2017. That issue was upgrading the hardware on my wife's PC. I now have the same issue on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rzn6jw, Mar 6, 2018.

1. rzn6jw Win User

Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

This is the same title of the issue I reported December 21, 2017. That issue was upgrading the hardware on my wife's PC. I now have the same issue on my PC.

History: Ran Win 7 Pro. Upgraded to free Win 10 Pro. Changed CPU and mobo. No activation issues. Installed CU and Fall CU. No issues. Changed hardware again - installed Ryzen 7 1800X CPU, Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7 mobo, 16G DDR4 3200 memory. Now I can't activate Windows!!!!!!

Performed the following:
    sfc /scannow Results:

Can't activate Windows no matter what I do [​IMG]

slui Results:

slmgr Results:

Activation error message:

Back in December, SuperFly was really a big help with that issue. Is he available for consultation on this issue?

Thanks.

:)

rzn6jw, Mar 6, 2018
  2. SZ RN Win User

No matter what I do I cannot complete importing pictures from iphone 6S to Windows 10 pics app

I tried everything but to no avail. It recognizes the pictures and says 274 found and when I hit import it shows them as selected. However, if I click again on import nothing happens and I can't find any other function to allow actual saving of the photos
    in the photos app on my PC laptop. What to do? I have searched high and low and no one seems to have the answer for Windows 10.

SZ RN, Mar 6, 2018
  3. No matter what I do I cannot complete importing pictures from iphone 6S to Windows 10 pics app

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

To be able to assist you better, let us know if you are referring to the iTunes application. If yes, I would suggest you to download the latest version of iTunes from here:

iTunes - Download iTunes Now

Write to us with the updated information. If the issue still persists, feel free to write to us and we woeul be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 6, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Use the @ to mention (as I am doing now) and @Superfly will be alerted to this post.

Bree, Mar 6, 2018
  5. rzn6jw Win User
    OK, how do I use the @?

rzn6jw, Mar 6, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    You don't need to now as I have already done it for you. Just type the @ symbol before the name, that user then gets a notification.

Here's one for you @rzn6jw to demonstrate how it works...

Bree, Mar 6, 2018
  7. rzn6jw Win User
    Hey, thanks a lot. Not really conversant in all the shortcuts you guys have.

rzn6jw, Mar 6, 2018
  8. Superfly Win User

So round 2 then...

Firstly the error codes

0xc004f034 = the key entered cannot be used to activate the edition (this is a vague one - so not to worry... )

0x803f7001 = The PC does not have a digital licence

Did you try the Win 7 Pro key? (also what kind of key is it? full retail, upgrade (eg. WAU), OEM (eg. COA))?

Superfly, Mar 6, 2018
  9. rzn6jw Win User
    Tried the old 7 Pro key and it didn't work. I upgraded from XP Pro to 7 Pro via the retail upgrade. I'm trying your Validation tool right now but it's been running for quite a while. Should I post the Showkey here?

rzn6jw, Mar 6, 2018
  10. Superfly Win User
    ADT won't tell us more than we already know - so don't bother with it for this one.

We know we need to establish a new digital licence and upgrade keys are not valid for digital licences but run the Win 7 key within ShowKey's "Check..." - just interested to see what edition it is.

Superfly, Mar 6, 2018
  11. rzn6jw Win User
    Didn't work:

Showkey:

rzn6jw, Mar 6, 2018
  12. Superfly Win User
    When you enter the Win 7 key in "Check product key" what does the EULA display as?

Superfly, Mar 6, 2018
  13. rzn6jw Win User

Here's the two screens:

rzn6jw, Mar 6, 2018
  14. rzn6jw Win User
    Would you like the retail upgrade key as a validation?

rzn6jw, Mar 6, 2018
  15. Superfly Win User
    Yep. Send it to me.

BTW: Unable to reach the servers is a different error (maybe too many are downloading a new Skippy build.. LOL)

Superfly, Mar 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't activate Windows no matter what I do - Similar Threads - Can't activate matter

2. Can't activate windows 11 no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate windows 11 no matter what I do.: For the past week I've been spending 2-4 hours every single day trying to activate windows and I can't. I have tried EVERYTHING. When I try to activate windows it sent me down a rabbit hole of error codes I don't remember all of them but the first one is 0x8007000d. I have...
  3. Can't activate windows 11 no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate windows 11 no matter what I do.: For the past week I've been spending 2-4 hours every single day trying to activate windows and I can't. I have tried EVERYTHING. When I try to activate windows it sent me down a rabbit hole of error codes I don't remember all of them but the first one is 0x8007000d. I have...
  4. I can't download anything no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download anything no matter what I do: No matter what i try, I can't download anything. It just says "Virus scan failed" and nothing else every time, I primarily use Chrome but I've tried Edge too the only other browser installed and the problem persists. I've deleted Mcafee, Windows Security is disabled, and I've...
  5. I can't download anything no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download anything no matter what I do: No matter what i try, I can't download anything. It just says "Virus scan failed" and nothing else every time, I primarily use Chrome but I've tried Edge too the only other browser installed and the problem persists. I've deleted Mcafee, Windows Security is disabled, and I've...
  6. I can't download anything no matter what I do

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Can't delete a file no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a file no matter what I do: I've installed a program that i didn't like, so I deleted it. Once deleting it there are 3 ".sys" files that I can't delete. It says that "Another program has it open". In resource monitor, I couldn't find any program that had any of theese files open, not even explorer. I...
  8. Can't delete folder no matter what I do.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't delete folder no matter what I do.: Whilst downloading a third party software, I accidently downloaded a bloatware antivirus. I tried deleting it, and it told me it required permissions from " " to be deleted. After doing tons of steps to change the permissions to my own Account Name, it still tells...
  9. No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....: No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe from a question I got answered more than a year ago!!! It is driving me crazy!!!! STOP THE MADNESS!!!!...
  10. Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows no matter what I do: Title. PC first had Win 7 Home 32bit (retail with key). Upgraded to Win 10 Home 32bit from free MS web upgrade when it came out. OS activated just fine then. OS automatically upgraded itself to Fall CU. No activation issues. Upgraded to Win 10 Home 64bit via Media...