Windows 10: Can't activate windows on a new computer.

Discus and support Can't activate windows on a new computer. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Help I have recently upgraded from a z97 system to an x99 system and my new system won't activate windows and the info I have found thus far has not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scoot_Scoot, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Can't activate windows on a new computer.

Help

I have recently upgraded from a z97 system to an x99 system and my new system won't activate windows and the info I have found thus far has not been helpful.

Would someone be able to help me out? Screenshots linked bellow will illustrate the issue. The first picture is a screenshot from my old computer (I reinstalled all the hardware to get that shot haha) where windows is clearly activated. Upon installing the "new" hardware and attempting to activate, I get an error telling my my old system isn't activated.

I am pretty sure I am missing something obvious here.

Just for background information this specific version of windows was from an old windows 7 version that I upgraded to windows 10 a while ago. I don't know if that would impact anything. Also on my Microsoft account under my listed devices I have 2 computers under the same name (DESKTOP-59TK1QC), one saying that it has a Z97X-UD5H-BK (old motherboard) with a i7-6800K (new cpu) installed, these 2 parts are incompatible, which leads me to believe that something has gone a miss on Microsoft end.

Many thanks for any help.

Picture 1
    Can't activate windows on a new computer. 9a2838dd-d68c-4ec4-aa87-1fcd903bd7c2?upload=true.png

Picture 2

Can't activate windows on a new computer. f663d380-1ee3-4f35-94c1-be7a7f2e8901?upload=true.png

:)

Scoot_Scoot, Mar 4, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Can't activate windows on a new computer.

Computer Won't Reboot - AMD Data Change...Updata New Data to DMI

If he is getting stuck at verifying DMI pool data, that means his BIOS isn't finishing the POST process before it's hanging up. Although I'm confused now because he said he tried re-installing windows which would indicate that the machine is getting through the entire POST process.

I'm confused now. I think we need a better, more descriptive version of what exactly is happening.

Maybe a full step by step process of what is happening?

Aquinus, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Can't activate windows on a new computer.

1. Can't activate windows on a new computer. - Similar Threads - Can't activate computer

2. Can't activate installed Windows 11 on new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate installed Windows 11 on new computer: I just bought a new PC that came with Windows 11. After downloading and installing all upgrades, I went to activate the product only to be given error code 0xC004C003. I am logged in with my main Microsoft account that I previously used on another computer. I can’t find any...
  3. Can't activate installed Windows 11 on new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate installed Windows 11 on new computer: I just bought a new PC that came with Windows 11. After downloading and installing all upgrades, I went to activate the product only to be given error code 0xC004C003. I am logged in with my main Microsoft account that I previously used on another computer. I can’t find any...
  4. Activation on a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation on a new computer: Imagine I want to buy a new gaming PC, but in the reviews it says that it has windows 10 trial version. So do I have to buy a windows 10 activation key? Please tell....
  5. Can't activate Windows with digital licence on my new computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't activate Windows with digital licence on my new computer: Recently I built a computer and I installed Windows 10 home on it. On my old laptop there is a legit copy of windows 10 home (I bought it with the laptop) and a linked it to my account. On the new computer when I get to the menu where I need to chose wich device I want to...
  6. Windows Activation On New Computer

Windows Activation On New Computer: I transferred my windows files from my old hard drive to my new one. The original version was an OEM version of windows. I then purchased a key to activate windows. I have received the same error message the whole time "0xC004C060". From research, I can't tell if something is...
  7. Activating new computer

Activating new computer: Frustration at trying to activate my new HP/Tower mounts. Even with opening up a new account, I'm not able to get past resetting my password. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-new-computer/fc45384c-a4cc-4f18-a18e-6b4dac53eaf4
  8. Activating a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating a new computer: I had taken the windows upgrade offer in 2016 but now I need to transfer it to another computer. My earlier windows 7 was in the retail channel. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-a-new-computer/27998b2a-cea4-47e9-a393-6baf64d337af
  9. Can't activate Windows 10 on new computer. (Long)

Can't activate Windows 10 on new computer. (Long): Hey everyone! Recently, I went about building a new computer, and as part of this I upgraded my slow Seagate to a much faster M.2 Samsung drive. I was excited to use my new computer, but first I had to put windows on the new SSD. After trying tools like EaseUS Todo Backup,...
  10. Activate on new computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activate on new computer?: I recently built a new computer, and after I got it working I installed Windows 10 from my Laptop that I was using previously and after about a day a message telling me to activate windows popped up. but I never needed to activate my laptop. Is my new computer going to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cant activate on new computer

2. cant activate windows on a new laptop

3. new computer how to activate windows

4. cant activate windows on new computer