Windows 10: Cant Activate Windows on a preinstalled OEM Lenovo laptop

Discus and support Cant Activate Windows on a preinstalled OEM Lenovo laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a Lenovo laptop last year with windows 10 preinstalled. Recently the watermark showed up to activate windows, when I go to activate it, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jose DeHoyos, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Cant Activate Windows on a preinstalled OEM Lenovo laptop

I purchased a Lenovo laptop last year with windows 10 preinstalled. Recently the watermark showed up to activate windows, when I go to activate it, it comes up invalid. I've gone into the bios to check the product key and enter that number but nothing. Lenovo wants me to reinstall the OS which sounds stupid for a product key issue since it would wipe my hard drive. What other options do I have, very frustrating for an issue I didn't cause. Currently the laptop is upgraded to Win 11 2h22 and nothing has been upgraded as far as hardware, it's as it was from Lenovo.

:)

Jose DeHoyos, Sep 29, 2022

2. . 'genuine' windows activation

Nothing you're showing or mentioning has anything to do with Activation. You said your Windows reports Activated. I told you how to check if there is a key embedded at factory from Lenovo which is how their laptops normally come. If there is an OEM-BIOS
    key listed then there is no doubt you have normally activated factory preinstalled Windows. If there is no OEM-BIOS key listed then we'd need to sort out how it is activated to make sure there's no Volume License Key or another illegal key used, if this
    was from a 3rd party seller for example.

No one said anything about having to buy another key. To reassure you I told you how to check if it's normally activated like a factory PC from Lenovo comes. Instead of following the steps I gave you brought up having to buy another key which no one has
    suggested. Even if it turns out this was an Amazon 3rd party seller who sold with an illegal key, I was going to help you get it made right by Amazon who always will make it right if notified within a reasonable amount of time. If you want me to help you,
    then follow the steps I gave.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 29, 2022
  3. blobster21, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Cant Activate Windows on a preinstalled OEM Lenovo laptop

Lenovo Y720 with preinstalled Windows

Hello.

I have Lenovo Y720 since 3 months. It came with preinstalled Windows 10 Home.

Now I need to reinstall Windows but I don't have the cd-key written on the back of the laptop.

I used software to export my key so basicly I have it but will be there a problem with the activation after the fresh install?

StefanTsanoff, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Cant Activate Windows on a preinstalled OEM Lenovo laptop

1. Cant Activate Windows on a preinstalled OEM Lenovo laptop - Similar Threads - Cant Activate preinstalled

2. Cant Activate Windows on a preinstalled OEM Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Activate Windows on a preinstalled OEM Lenovo laptop: I purchased a Lenovo laptop last year with windows 10 preinstalled. Recently the watermark showed up to activate windows, when I go to activate it, it comes up invalid. I've gone into the bios to check the product key and enter that number but nothing. Lenovo wants me to...
  3. Windows Activation On Preinstalled Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation On Preinstalled Laptop: I bought a Windows 10 Preinstalled Laptop about 5 years ago. I switched the os with LINUX without connecting to the internet on Windows. Now I am thinking to switch back to windows and I was wondering if I will be forced to buy a new subscription or it will automatically...
  4. Windows Activation On Preinstalled Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation On Preinstalled Laptop: I bought a Windows 10 Preinstalled Laptop about 5 years ago. I switched the os with LINUX without connecting to the internet on Windows. Now I am thinking to switch back to windows and I was wondering if I will be forced to buy a new subscription or it will automatically...
  5. Windows Activation On Preinstalled Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Preinstalled windows Activate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preinstalled windows Activate?: 1 I have purchased an HP laptop with pre-installed Windows 10. Now want to clean install this OS on my laptop. I want to format my laptop and again want to install windows 10. So, I want to make a bootable USB of this pre-installed windows 10. How can I make this??2 How to...
  7. Preinstalled windows Activate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preinstalled windows Activate?: 1 I have purchased an HP laptop with pre-installed Windows 10. Now want to clean install this OS on my laptop. I want to format my laptop and again want to install windows 10. So, I want to make a bootable USB of this pre-installed windows 10. How can I make this??2 How to...
  8. New laptops with preinstalled Windows 21H1 can't activate

New laptops with preinstalled Windows 21H1 can't activate: Hi, I purchased 35 Dell Latitude 3520 laptops with preinstalled Windows 10 21H1 and most of them can't activate, error code: "We cant activate Windows on this device because you dont have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you have a valid license or key,...
  9. Lenovo Y720 with preinstalled Windows

Lenovo Y720 with preinstalled Windows: Hello. I have Lenovo Y720 since 3 months. It came with preinstalled Windows 10 Home. Now I need to reinstall Windows but I don't have the cd-key written on the back of the laptop. I used software to export my key so basicly I have it but will be there a problem with...
  10. Windows 10 Activation on running an OEM preinstalled Windows 8/8.1 license.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Activation on running an OEM preinstalled Windows 8/8.1 license.: Dear MS, We have a lot computer have EM preinstalled Windows 8/8.1 license and when we installed Windows 10 so we got automatically detect the product key and Activate automatically (refer link below) Those computer will still in use for 1 or 2 years more. May I know the...