Windows 10: Can't activate Windows Sandbox

Discus and support Can't activate Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Everyone I bought a new laptop 6 months ago with original Win 10 Home Preinstalled within, Activated via Digital license, I'm trying to activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ghaith_A, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Ghaith_A Win User

Can't activate Windows Sandbox

Hello Everyone I bought a new laptop 6 months ago with original Win 10 Home Preinstalled within, Activated via Digital license, I'm trying to activate Windows Sandbox Feature and I've learnt that I need to upgrade my OS from home to pro edition, The issue is I can't upgrade my OS since my country doesn't allow any type of E-Payments, Is there any other way to get Sandbox Feature without upgrading my OS ?Laptop Model : Lenovo Legion 5 15IMH05HOS : Windows 10 home Edition 64xCPU : Intel Core i7-10750H

:)

Ghaith_A, Jul 26, 2021
  2. Naresh_K Win User

windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Vmmem process will not be killed. Windows sandbox.

Hi,

We understand your concern as you are unable to stop the Windows Sandbox process.
    Please try disable and re-enable sandbox to check the issue.

1. Press Windows + R key, then type appwiz.cpl and click Ok.
    2. Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    3. Uncheck the box beside Windows Sandbox and click
      OK
    4. Restart the PC and check.

If the issue still persists then I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts and support
    professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Sandbox to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't activate Windows Sandbox - Similar Threads - Can't activate Sandbox

2. Activate Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows Sandbox: Hello, I'm trying to use VM to run a game and apparently I need to enable the GPU in the VM, and to do that I need to use Windows Sandbox WSB in the VM, but I can't get WSB enabled, the checkbox is grayed out, and when I put the cursor on it, this message appears: "Windows...
  3. Activate Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows Sandbox: Hello, I'm trying to use VM to run a game and apparently I need to enable the GPU in the VM, and to do that I need to use Windows Sandbox WSB in the VM, but I can't get WSB enabled, the checkbox is grayed out, and when I put the cursor on it, this message appears: "Windows...
  4. Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Sandbox: I attempted to add the Windows Sandbox feature by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off. I then scrolled down to Windows Sandbox and checked the box. I click ok and if shows a couple progress bars then askes to restart the computer...
  5. Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Sandbox: Hi! I have huawei Matebook X Pro 2018 that came with Windows 10 Pro Signature Edition. I recently reseted my PC and now I'm missing Windows Sandbox. Can someone help me to get it? [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows sandbox

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows sandbox: My computer is a 1903 system version. Why is there no windows sandbox system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sandbox/35a43aa9-1c2a-4094-8a59-61647a80ec49
  7. Can't uninstall windows sandbox

Can't uninstall windows sandbox: I installed windows sandbox a while ago and now I want to uninstall it because I don't use it. I get this error when I try to uninstall it: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes. The referenced assembly could not be found. Error code: 0x80073701...
  8. WINDOWS SANDBOX

WINDOWS SANDBOX: So when I try starting windows sandbox it gives me this error: 0xc0370106 then I cant open it and It automatically closes,please help me with my problem :( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sandbox/1361ccde-cc0b-49d8-b4e8-fbf924d0a4f2
  9. Win Sandbox is enterprise and not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win Sandbox is enterprise and not activated: Hi Gang, On my work laptop, I decided to upgrade from home to pro using an unused win 7 pro key that we had from a system that was trashed (client upgraded to a new PC) I performed the upgrade, at which time rebooting my laptop decided it was enterprise and couldn't...
  10. Windows Sandbox can't run PowerShell?!?

Windows Sandbox can't run PowerShell?!?: When running in Windows Sandbox I can't run any PowerShell scripts at all. I get an error that states that, "Version v4.0.30319 of the .NET Framework is not installed and it is required to run version 3 of Windows PowerShell." and I have .net version 4.8.03752 installed on...