Windows 10: Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family

Discus and support Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi - I'm having some frustrating challenges setting up a child account on my Windows 10 PC. I successfully created a child account, and am able... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SusanPR, Mar 26, 2020.

1. SusanPR Win User

Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family

Hi - I'm having some frustrating challenges setting up a child account on my Windows 10 PC.

I successfully created a child account, and am able to log into the PC using that account. What I'm having trouble with is adding the child account to my 'family' so that I can control app settings, etc.

Here's my dilemma:

1 I've sent an invitation to my child's account through the family dashboard. The request shows as 'pending':

Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family 2925d4d6-028c-4d66-b2fd-35e97024b5e0?upload=true.png

2 When I choose the 'Accept Now' option and sign in to the child's account, I am told that I can't accept the family request since I already belong to a family. It says "To join this family, you'll need to leave the Microsoft Family you're already in".

Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family f0994dc9-32d0-4b6f-93a5-e73f822e6777?upload=true.png

I'm stuck in this loop. I can't leave the family with my child account because it's a child account, and I can't remove the family member with my primary adult account since it's not showing that my child account is part of the family.

Help?

Susan

:)

SusanPR, Mar 26, 2020

2. Child option not present in Windows 10 Family Safety

Hi George,

Thank you for your response.

• Are you trying these steps in admin account or a local account?
    The steps given in the link ahs to be performed in the Website and a invite has to sent from the web and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the link and check the Add a child account to your family and check
    if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Problems adding a child on the family account

Hello,

We're here to help.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Do note, you need to accept the email invitation from a device with the Child account currently logged in.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family

How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family

1. Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family - Similar Threads - Can't Add Child

2. Cannot add child account to Microsoft Family with edu domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add child account to Microsoft Family with edu domain: Hi there, I've been happily using MS Family for both of my children for years now. It's the best parental control system I've found, so well done MS on that front. My eldest child has now entered high school and has been given a school laptop. They have full admin rights...
  3. Microsoft family - can't add child to group

Microsoft family - can't add child to group: I am trying to set up a Family Group and add one child, but when it gives the option for my child to sign in and accept the invitation I get a message saying 'You can't join this group until you leave the group you are already in'. I have set up my child with an outlook...
  4. Can't add computer to MS Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add computer to MS Account: New Win 10 Pro 1903 build. I log into it with a password and/or pin. I go to my MS account to add new device and it forces me sign into my computer with my MS Account. On another computer I did this thinking I coudl change it back and it would not let me use the same user...
  5. Child's Microsoft Family Account Not Updating

Child's Microsoft Family Account Not Updating: I used to be able to update my child's account remotely, via my laptop or phone, but now that doesn't work anymore. I can see the changes on the family page, but the device doesn't sync properly. I can give access to the device and additional time directly on the machine, but...
  6. Add computer to the child's account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add computer to the child's account: I cannot add another computer to my child’s account. I have added 3 devices before but he says that he is always shut off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-computer-to-the-childs-account/01a74b2a-c5ba-4c90-b2d4-4d15b32c1181
  7. My child can't access fund in family account

My child can't access fund in family account: My child can't access the funds in the family account to purchase Robux, even after I've approved the purchase several times. After I've given permission for the purchase, every time he clicks to buy Robux in his account, he is required to ask permission again. When I click...
  8. Unable to add money for child using our Microsoft Family accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add money for child using our Microsoft Family accounts: Whenever I try to add money to her account, I get the following message: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. CV: nrTffXv4lU6OSy92.36.29.8 This has been going on for a couple of...
  9. Unable To Add Child To Microsoft Account.

Unable To Add Child To Microsoft Account.: I have 2 Nokia 550 window 10. Each child has outlook accounts and each child have access to other Microsoft devices .The phones appear on account as devices but I am unable to add them each child. Can anyone help please. ***Edited Original Title From: y family account. The...
  10. Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store: How to: Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store How to Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child to Shop at Microsoft Store One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family...