Windows 10: Can't add a directory to a library

Discus and support Can't add a directory to a library in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I keep all my videos on a separate HD. I tried to add the folder of these movies to the default videos directory, but my instruction hasn't been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chermesh, Feb 17, 2017.

1. chermesh Win User

Can't add a directory to a library

Hi,
    I keep all my videos on a separate HD. I tried to add the folder of these movies to the default videos directory, but my instruction hasn't been honored. I got no error message or any other response.
    Why is it so? How can I solve this nuisance?

:)

chermesh, Feb 17, 2017
  2. Me7857777 Win User

Beware: Anniversary Update removes folders from File History Backup

There is a work around. File History now only includes Library locations. You can add custom Library categories, and then add custom folders to those new categories.

I just tried it with my Projects directory located on my drive root. It works!

Me7857777, Feb 17, 2017
  3. How to add a Library in Windows 10?

Maybe your view options aren't set to show Libraries. It can be checked or unchecked in the Navigation Pane section of the View tab:

Can't add a directory to a library [​IMG]

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Feb 17, 2017
  4. Barman58 Win User

keep all my personal files off the system drive and in Libraries without any issue.
    Using Videos as an example

The way I have things set up is I right click on the original Videos folder under my user name on C: and use the location tab to set the target to my V:\Videos folder (V: is a partition on one of my Data drives), I choose to move the existing files to the new location, If asked), and let Windows make the change.

Changing the location of the Users Videos folder automatically includes the contents of the used location into the relevant Library folder - Videos.

However I have added other folders into libraries without issues, right click the library and use the add/remove functionalities in the properties Tab

Barman58, Feb 17, 2017
  5. chermesh Win User
    Thank you. Problem solved.*Smile

chermesh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't add a directory to a library - Similar Threads - Can't add directory

2. Unable to add folder to Library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add folder to Library: Hello everyone,Windows 11 home, version 23H2 build 22631.3155Took a photo using my HP laptop camera app, but it will not save the image, error code 0xA00F424F. When the laptop was purchased this worked. Note: all of the "My" folders have been mapped to new locations with "My...
  3. Unable to add folder to Library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add folder to Library: Hello everyone,Windows 11 home, version 23H2 build 22631.3155Took a photo using my HP laptop camera app, but it will not save the image, error code 0xA00F424F. When the laptop was purchased this worked. Note: all of the "My" folders have been mapped to new locations with "My...
  4. How to add Custom Libraries to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add Custom Libraries to windows: I have an old PC that I wish to use as a smart home server, however I am having a problem Streaming Content from the Hard Drives Internally Plugged into the Machine on the TV's in our house, so far it can only read data in the libraries on the C Drive Which Only Contains Some...
  5. How to add libraries in This PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add libraries in This PC: Hello, greetings.This is might be a slly question but im not finding any solution to thishow do i add libraries Videos, Music, Pictures etc. to this homepage?I recently clean re-intalled MS Windows 11 because of some problem, I want THIS PC page to look like the legacy...
  6. How to add libraries in This PC

How to add libraries in This PC: Hello, greetings.This is might be a slly question but im not finding any solution to thishow do i add libraries Videos, Music, Pictures etc. to this homepage?I recently clean re-intalled MS Windows 11 because of some problem, I want THIS PC page to look like the legacy...
  7. Windows 11: Can't include or add or see folder in Library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Can't include or add or see folder in Library: Hello,I can't add a folder to my Documents Library. Here is what happens:I create a folder Temp in my C: drive.I right-click the Temp folder and click "Include in Library Documents". This appears to work.When I go to Documents Library, I cannot see Temp. Furthermore, a search...
  8. Windows 11: Can't include or add or see folder in Library

Windows 11: Can't include or add or see folder in Library: Hello,I can't add a folder to my Documents Library. Here is what happens:I create a folder Temp in my C: drive.I right-click the Temp folder and click "Include in Library Documents". This appears to work.When I go to Documents Library, I cannot see Temp. Furthermore, a search...
  9. Can't add folders into libraries any more.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add folders into libraries any more.: [ATTACH] I did format and reinstalled window 10 yesterday. And created some libraries for my favorite folders already like always do after reinstalled. Today, I tried to creat extrea libraries but was not abled to add folders. creat "new library" choose "folder" click...
  10. Library adds onedrive automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Library adds onedrive automatically: Hello everyone. I have my pictures, documents, music and videos organised on a seperate HDD and added them to the Librarys so that I get rid of these annoying folders which several programs add to documents/pictures in the User-Folder. Now with Windows 10 I have got the...