Windows 10: Can't add a family member after many attempts

Discus and support Can't add a family member after many attempts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi,I'm stuck to add a family member to my family safety account. I had to add and delete many times family members because I was not able to see the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Seifer62, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Seifer62 Win User

Can't add a family member after many attempts

Hi,I'm stuck to add a family member to my family safety account. I had to add and delete many times family members because I was not able to see the screen time on my son's PC no matter what kind of things I tried, it did not work. The first time I had to do that was because for no reason, the PC did not answer to anything, I had to reinitialize it and that where my troubles started, the only thing I did was to add social media websites to the hosts file.The last time I tried I got an error message that said it comes from your ends, I have waited a bit because I thought it would maybe be need

:)

Seifer62, Mar 25, 2023

2. Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Michael_DS, Mar 25, 2023
  3. gamoses Win User
    broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, Mar 25, 2023
  4. Can't add a family member after many attempts

Unable to add another family member on the system

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What happens when you try to add a family member on your system?
    • Do you receive any error message or code?
    • Are you logged in with administrator account?
    I suggest you to follow the steps on how to add another family member on your PC and check if it helps:

Set up family features

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

Can't add a family member after many attempts

1. Can't add a family member after many attempts - Similar Threads - Can't add family

2. Can't add a family member after many attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add a family member after many attempts: Hi,I'm stuck to add a family member to my family safety account. I had to add and delete many times family members because I was not able to see the screen time on my son's PC no matter what kind of things I tried, it did not work. The first time I had to do that was because...
  3. Can't add a family member after many attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add a family member after many attempts: Hi,I'm stuck to add a family member to my family safety account. I had to add and delete many times family members because I was not able to see the screen time on my son's PC no matter what kind of things I tried, it did not work. The first time I had to do that was because...
  4. I can't add family member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't add family member: I have had an issue adding a family member. When I attempted to add, it goes to be a local user instead, and I got an error message "Try again later" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-add-family-member/82ef2eed-73fb-438a-8c23-a21975de0b25
  5. I can't add family member

I can't add family member: I have had an issue adding a family member. When I attempted to add, it goes to be a local user instead, and I got an error message "Try again later" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-add-family-member/82ef2eed-73fb-438a-8c23-a21975de0b25
  6. Can't add family members to MS Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add family members to MS Family Safety: Every time I try to add a family member I get this error: "Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: 6EPn0vwEkkiRIQF0.7.78" When I try to add family members through the app, it says something about "detecting unusual activity".A couple...
  7. Can't add family members to MS Family Safety

Can't add family members to MS Family Safety: Every time I try to add a family member I get this error: "Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: 6EPn0vwEkkiRIQF0.7.78" When I try to add family members through the app, it says something about "detecting unusual activity".A couple...
  8. Can't add a family member

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't add a family member: When I click 'Add a family member' it just says 'Something went wrong, try again or select cancel to set up your device later.' I've updated the OS & restarted several times and it just keeps doing the same thing. Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help....
  9. Can't add a family member.

Can't add a family member.: Hello, I am trying to add a member to my family, but I got a message saying "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later". Can anyone fix this please....
  10. Windows 10 can't add family member

Windows 10 can't add family member: This is rediculous! I have updated my computer for the last week and it still tells me cant add family member I see multiple post on this .. But never a real solution. Can anyone help. Why can't we add user accounts like windows 7 professional?...