Windows 10: Cant add a microsoft account to my windows 10 home laptop because it says, it's already here...

Discus and support Cant add a microsoft account to my windows 10 home laptop because it says, it's already here... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi everyone,i wanted to add my microsoft account to my Win 10 Laptop, but while adding it says that it is used by another user here, in short, It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VarunPatki, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Cant add a microsoft account to my windows 10 home laptop because it says, it's already here...

hi everyone,i wanted to add my microsoft account to my Win 10 Laptop, but while adding it says that it is used by another user here, in short, It's already here. i have removed all accounts from the laptop , but still getting the same message, and i have tried the solution provided on this community for the same problem, but it did not solve my problem...so please help me..thanks.

:)

VarunPatki, Nov 18, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Cant add a microsoft account to my windows 10 home laptop because it says, it's already here... :(

Zakin, Nov 18, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2021
  4. Scrizz Win User

Cant add a microsoft account to my windows 10 home laptop because it says, it's already here...

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Nov 18, 2021
Thema:

Cant add a microsoft account to my windows 10 home laptop because it says, it's already here...

1. Cant add a microsoft account to my windows 10 home laptop because it says, it's already here... - Similar Threads - Cant add microsoft

2. Can't add alias to my Microsoft account because it already taken when I chose add an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add alias to my Microsoft account because it already taken when I chose add an...: Hello,I have an email account I used to create my Microsoft account for my Windows 10 PC. I would like to change the email.I learned you can create and add an alias to your existing account and swap it for the new one to be the primary.So I went ahead and created a new...
  3. Can't add alias to my Microsoft account because it already taken when I chose add an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add alias to my Microsoft account because it already taken when I chose add an...: Hello,I have an email account I used to create my Microsoft account for my Windows 10 PC. I would like to change the email.I learned you can create and add an alias to your existing account and swap it for the new one to be the primary.So I went ahead and created a new...
  4. Can't add alias to my Microsoft account because it already taken when I chose add an...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Cant add a microsoft account to my windows 10 home laptop because it says, it's already here...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant add a microsoft account to my windows 10 home laptop because it says, it's already here...: hi everyone,i wanted to add my microsoft account to my Win 10 Laptop, but while adding it says that it is used by another user here, in short, It's already here. i have removed all accounts from the laptop , but still getting the same message, and i have tried the solution...
  6. Cant add a microsoft account to my windows 10 home laptop because it says, it's already here...

Cant add a microsoft account to my windows 10 home laptop because it says, it's already here...: hi everyone,i wanted to add my microsoft account to my Win 10 Laptop, but while adding it says that it is used by another user here, in short, It's already here. i have removed all accounts from the laptop , but still getting the same message, and i have tried the solution...
  7. Cannot add Microsoft account because "(email address) is already here."

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot add Microsoft account because "(email address) is already here.": Hello all, Somehow my computer login got associated with a different Microsoft account than the one I want to use (and that I think I was using originally.) So I switched to a local account then went back to sign in with Microsoft account and get the error "(email address)...
  8. Cant add gmail account to calendar. says "account already exists"

Cant add gmail account to calendar. says "account already exists": I have a new Surface 6 and cannot get a gmail account to add to calendar. I have reset Mail/calendar, it adds to Mail fine, but won't add to calendar. If y try to add it, it just says "account already exists". I have set my google account to less secure, but it still doesn't...
  9. "MS Account" is already here

in Windows 10 Customization
    "MS Account" is already here: I am trying to change my setup from a local user to a MS Account - but when I try to do this I get the following message..."MS Account" is already here, Another user on this device uses this MS Account, so you can't add it here. Background I recently reinstalled Windows...
  10. Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already': Have just upgraded my Surface Pro 2 with Win 10 Pro from Win 8.1. Tablet is a domain machine and the upgrade all went fine. The tablet was originally bought using my MS account and in the registry it has entries saying my MS account name (ie: my email address) is the...