Windows 10: Can't add a shortcut key to run screensaver

Discus and support Can't add a shortcut key to run screensaver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to assign a short cut key to PhotoScreensaver.scr. I have created a shortcut icon on Desktop. When I open Properties, it shows "Shortcut key:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dolpha, Dec 13, 2020.

1. dolpha Win User

Can't add a shortcut key to run screensaver

I want to assign a short cut key to PhotoScreensaver.scr. I have created a shortcut icon on Desktop. When I open Properties, it shows "Shortcut key: None" but it doesn't allow me to change it. When I click Advanced, "Run as administrator" is grayed out. I log on as Administrator as I'm the only one who use this PC. The OS is Windows 10 Home x64. Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

dolpha, Dec 13, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Can't add a shortcut key to run screensaver :)

terrace, Dec 13, 2020
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

Could you show me a simple way to create a shortcut for screensaver so i don`t have to search for it? Windows updates mess with the computer, change things hard to find.Can't add a shortcut key to run screensaver :)

terrace, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Screensaver shortcut

Create a shortcut with this target:

C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,1

Edwin, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't add a shortcut key to run screensaver - Similar Threads - Can't add shortcut

2. Taskbar screensaver shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar screensaver shortcut: How do you place a shortcut to a screen saver on the Windows 10 taskbar? I have tried dragging the screen saver file to the taskbar and also copy/paste. When I click on my shortcut, all that happens is a "frozen" black screen. Some more information that may or may not be...
  3. How to change/add/remove a key shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change/add/remove a key shortcut: A few days ago, a friend of mine bought a new gaming laptop and he noticed that the F1-12 keys were activating something eg: F5 opens up project menu. and this was also happening while he was playing games. I tried to find a place on the settings to change those keybinds but...
  4. Can't add shortcuts to start menu

Can't add shortcuts to start menu: I can't pin shortcuts to start menu , i tried drag and drop , but it won't let me. I also don't have a "Start Menu' tab in taskbar properties. [img] [img] 10986
  5. How To Add Photos to Screensaver

How To Add Photos to Screensaver: I would like to be able to use some of my photos as a screensaver. I am unable to figure out how to do that. A reply to a post raising a question similar to mine reads: "When I right-click the Desktop and choose Personalize I get a panel with Lock Screen on the left...
  6. Add shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Add shortcut: How do you create a shortcut on the desktop. Example, you have a website you use often, how do you create a shortcut on the desktop. Win 7 and 8 you could right click the mouse on the page in question and had the option to add a shortcut on the desktop. 5616
  7. Can't Run Shortcuts in Normal Window

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Run Shortcuts in Normal Window: Running Win 10 Home x86 on a Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet. I cannot get shortcuts (File Explorer and others) to open in a Normal Window. I can change the Run type in Properties to Minimized and the app will start minimized. Then when clicking on the icon in the task bar, it will...
  8. Make windows key run a shortcut?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make windows key run a shortcut?: I hate the windows key. How can I remap it to run a program instead? I want it to run a "show desktop" shortcut I got. 36945
  9. Screensaver shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver shortcut: Could you show me a simple way to create a shortcut for screensaver so i don`t have to search for it? Windows updates mess with the computer, change things hard to find.*Smile 103188
  10. I Can't add Shortcut To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    I Can't add Shortcut To Desktop: Hi all,.. I've downloaded Steam onto a new separate SSD ('D' Drive) that's been formatted to GPT NFTS. Steam wanted to place a Shortcut on the Desktop 'C' drive which I was happy about. However, I think permission has been denied. A pop-up message appears saying:,.....