Windows 10: Can't add account into Mail App - Something went wrong with error code 0x80000b

Discus and support Can't add account into Mail App - Something went wrong with error code 0x80000b in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue with adding my gmail account to Mail App. It said that 'something went wrong .. we are sorry, but we aren't able to do that Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Natnaree A., Oct 3, 2018.

1. Can't add account into Mail App - Something went wrong with error code 0x80000b

Hi,

I have an issue with adding my gmail account to Mail App. It said that 'something went wrong .. we are sorry, but we aren't able to do that Error code 0x80000b'

This is strange since I tried to add my other gmail account and it works; however, only this email that it doesn't work.

Could you please help assist to solve this issue?

Will it be possible to uninstall the app and download again in case there's problem about the app?

Thanks!

:)

Natnaree A., Oct 3, 2018

2. Unable to change or remove user accounts in Mail app with error: "Something went wrong. We're sorry, but we weren't able to do that. Error code: 0x80040b0b."

Neither of the steps you outlined worked.

• When trying to add the test account, I get the same error as before: "Something went wrong. We're sorry, but we weren't able to do that. Error code: 0x80040b0b."
    • Removing the Mail / Calendar application worked, however after I re-installed from the App Store and tried to add my account, the one I want to delete is still there and I am unable to change any of the settings.
    Question: After un-installing the Mail app is there no way to delete the account details (either from the registry or wherever they are stored)?

Thanks.

Val Palhories, Oct 3, 2018
  3. AmitGC Win User
    Cannot remove exchange online account from Mail App on Win 10

I cannot synchronise two Office365 accounts using the Mail App (ver 17.6525.42271.0) in Windows 10 so I decided to remove the accounts.

I have tried removing the accounts using the steps below but the mail app responds with the message "Something Went Wrong. We're sorry , but we weren't able to do that. Error code 0x8007002"

Steps

• Open Mail App
    • Click on Settings at the bottom of the app
    • Click on Manage Account
    • Click on Account to be removed and select Change Settings
    • Click on Delete Accounts
    • Click on Delete
    I have also tried the troubleshooter and fix account

Can someone please help remove the account, the alerts are driving me insane.

AmitGC, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Can't add account into Mail App - Something went wrong with error code 0x80000b

Error code: 0x8007042b GMAIL SETUP IN MAIL APP

Thanks for the follow up. To further troubleshoot this error code in adding your account, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the Mail app.

To install the Mail app in Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Type PowerShell on the search engine.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell then choose Run as administrator.
    • Click Yes if you are prompted for access.
    • Type this command in the PowerShell window: Get-AppxPackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage and press Enter.
    • Wait for the command to complete.
    • Restart your PC.
    To reinstall the Mail app, proceed to these steps:

• Launch the Store app.
    • Once the Store app is launched, type mail in the search box and then click Mail and Calendar to open its page.
    • Select the Install button.
    • Try to add your account again.
    Note: Reinstalling the Mail app might remove any saved mails and credentials in the app. You might need to add your email accounts all over again. We advise you create
    a manual restore point
    before attempting to reinstall the Mail app.Uninstalling the Mail app will also uninstall the Calendar app as both are packaged together as Windows communication apps. Likewise, when you install the Mail app, the Calendar
    app will also be installed.

Please post back with the status of the issue, we'll be glad to assist you further.

Joan Pin, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Can't add account into Mail App - Something went wrong with error code 0x80000b

1. Can't add account into Mail App - Something went wrong with error code 0x80000b - Similar Threads - Can't add account

2. Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  3. Something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  4. Something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something went wrong?: hey i can't use windows insider program. before appeared to me "To manage the Windows Insider Program...you'll need to turn on optional diagnostic data" but i searched on google and found this solution...
  5. Add account. Something went wrong we could not find your settings error code 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add account. Something went wrong we could not find your settings error code 0x80070490: Add account. Something went wrong we could not find your settings error code 0x80070490 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-account-something-went-wrong-we-could-not-find/7f31a4c3-721b-4024-94c3-e0e0bd1b0588
  6. Error: Something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error: Something went wrong: I can't upload photos from my iphone 10 into the photos app on windows 10. Half of the time it can't find anything on the phone, and then when it does it starts uploading and immediately I get an error message saying "something went wrong"...
  7. windows 10 mail "something went wrong" error message

windows 10 mail "something went wrong" error message: I have a laptop running windows 10 pro and the locale says "united kingdom". I am trying to sync my gmail.com email with windows mail and I always get the error that "something went wrong." I have installed all updates for windows, rest as well as uninstalled mail, and...
  8. Can't sync mail to Mail App with error code 0x80000b

Can't sync mail to Mail App with error code 0x80000b: I tried to sync my gmail account to Mail App, but it turned out saying that 'something went wrong with error code 0x80000b'. When I tried to sync with my other gmail account, it works. However, there's only one email that it popped up with this error code. Could you...
  9. Photos app "something went wrong" error code when export/share

Photos app "something went wrong" error code when export/share: I'm having some issues regarding the Photos app. I made an 8minute montage with videos (mp4) and jpeg's. But when I click the export/share button and choose any size it loads to around 28%, then pops up with the "Something went wrong" and the "try again" button. Pressing "try...
  10. Phots app - 'Something Went Wrong'

Phots app - 'Something Went Wrong': Hi All Trying to create a brief video using my photos. I am unable to export the video - instead its the 'Something Went Wrong' message and kindly replays the video i cannot export?! Any help appreciated. Thanks Simon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error code 0x80000b

2. 0x80000b

3. error code 0x80000b mail app

4. windows mail error 0x80000b,
  5. 0x80000b mail app,
  6. error code 0x80000b mail,
  7. error code 0x80000b adding a gmail account,
  8. error code 0x80000b email,
  9. error 0x80000b,
  10. something went wrong error code 0x80000b,
  11. error code 0x80000b mail app windows 10,
  12. got error something went wrong. Were sorry but we werent able to do that. error code 0x80004005,
  13. windows add account sorry we werent able to do that add account,
  14. something went wrong error code 0x80004005,
  15. error code with email app