Windows 10: Can't add an email account to Windows mail app

Discus and support Can't add an email account to Windows mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot add another email in the mail app. I go through the steps but Windows gets stuck on this screen. I've left it for hours but it does not make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AdamTakeshita, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Can't add an email account to Windows mail app

I cannot add another email in the mail app. I go through the steps but Windows gets stuck on this screen. I've left it for hours but it does not make any progress.

Thank you in advance.

Can't add an email account to Windows mail app b6c3f6f7-784b-46be-b2ee-e2c3f4395195?upload=true.png

:)

AdamTakeshita, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Michael87 Win User

How to delete outlook emails accounts list in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi, i want to ask - How i can delete outlook email accounts in Windows 10 mail app.

I use on this mail app only outlook.cz email accounts, i use etc 6 emails accounts. So now i delete 3 email accounts and i use only 2 email accounts.Problem is, when i go to - Mail app - Settings - Accounts managements - Add Account
    i see on the list still my old deleted emails accounts.

I want to ask how i clear history of this accounts on this list or how i cant delete cache from this mail app.

Please do not answer me how to delete account, i know how i can delete email account. I want only delete this list.
    I add any images here. Thanks

Can't add an email account to Windows mail app [​IMG]

Michael87, Oct 30, 2020
  3. stevehero Win User
    error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Bastet Win User

Can't add an email account to Windows mail app

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

Yes, once 2-factor authentication is enabled you should then create the app specific password & enter it instead of the account password.

Bastet, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Can't add an email account to Windows mail app

1. Can't add an email account to Windows mail app - Similar Threads - Can't add email

2. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  3. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  4. Can't add email account to Windows 10 mail app - error 0x80004005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add email account to Windows 10 mail app - error 0x80004005: Really annoying me now. I have 3 accounts which I have been using just fine with the mail app, but a 4th one I had started playing up - a BT Email account. I tried removing and re-adding the account but the Mail app just gives me error 0x80004005 which seems to be the worlds...
  5. Can't add email account to Windows 10 mail app - error 0x80004005

Can't add email account to Windows 10 mail app - error 0x80004005: Really annoying me now. I have 3 accounts which I have been using just fine with the mail app, but a 4th one I had started playing up - a BT Email account. I tried removing and re-adding the account but the Mail app just gives me error 0x80004005 which seems to be the worlds...
  6. I can't add Email account to Mail app.

I can't add Email account to Mail app.: I can't add my Email account to Mail app. Error code: 0x80070490 as the picture below.I've tried 2 times reset window, but nothing changed.I install "Kaspersky Anti-Virus", scan and the result is safe. I found out that if I turn it on , there will be a dialogue as below. If I...
  7. Can't add account to Win10 mail app

Can't add account to Win10 mail app: I have done a clean install of Windows 10 with all updates to version 10.0.19042 build 19042. When I try to add my email account using POP3/IMAP option it gives error code 0x8007139f. I tried setting up the servers in the advanced menu to imap.virginmedia.com incoming and...
  8. Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app: Whenever I try to add a Hotmail account to the Mail app (which I literally just downloaded and installed from the Store), I get this error after I select the account on the screen prior: https://i.imgur.com/rWRvHVl.png What to do? The mail account exists and I can access it...
  9. Can't add new email account to Mail

Can't add new email account to Mail: My hotmail account was linked to my mail app in Win10. I received a notification the it needed "fixing", however it was unable to fix itself. I was still able to receive mail and sign in on other devices. So I unlinked the account a planned to re-link it, however now when I...
  10. POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders

POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders: I have seen this question but no answers. This is hard to believe - that microsoft doesn't enable the Mail App to be fully functional for POP3 accounts. I need to be able to set up folders within my email account to organize my work. There is no "+" sign by accounts or...