Windows 10: Can't add computer to MS Account

Discus and support Can't add computer to MS Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; New Win 10 Pro 1903 build. I log into it with a password and/or pin. I go to my MS account to add new device and it forces me sign into my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rafisher1, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Rafisher1 Win User

Can't add computer to MS Account

New Win 10 Pro 1903 build.

I log into it with a password and/or pin.

I go to my MS account to add new device and it forces me sign into my computer with my MS Account.

On another computer I did this thinking I coudl change it back and it would not let me use the same user name.

In 1803 and 1807 in Settings\Accounts I could have my MS account signed in and still use my password signin to the computer

Now in 1903 this is not there?

I'm sorry, did I get on an Our Way or the Highway Apple page?

:)

Rafisher1, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Login not accepted for my MS Account

Let me explain, again, what I have experienced:

• I use my MS account to unlock this computer. No problem doing that
    • I attempted to use other apps requiring the MS login, like Outlook, or even this forum, and it would not accept the very same credentials I used to unlock the computer
    • I used my wife's MS account to login to this forum so that I could seek help
    • I have tried resetting my MS account twice, and that did not work either.
    I would appreciate suggestions OTHER than wha I have already tried

SonoRimaggio, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Can't add computer to MS Account

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Can't add computer to MS Account

1. Can't add computer to MS Account - Similar Threads - Can't add computer

2. can't add an account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't add an account: HelloWant to add my wife to my laptop. Get this message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-an-account/08aec03f-7f97-4aaa-b352-2be43e354017
  3. can't add an account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't add an account: HelloWant to add my wife to my laptop. Get this message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-an-account/08aec03f-7f97-4aaa-b352-2be43e354017
  4. Can't add or work school account on domain computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add or work school account on domain computers: Got into the office this morning and tried to add a work account to a user's computer. It no longer allows me to and gives me the message below. How can I fix this so my users are allowed to add accounts under their profiles?I added two group policy objects yesterday for an...
  5. Can't add or work school account on domain computers

Can't add or work school account on domain computers: Got into the office this morning and tried to add a work account to a user's computer. It no longer allows me to and gives me the message below. How can I fix this so my users are allowed to add accounts under their profiles?I added two group policy objects yesterday for an...
  6. Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login: Here's the problem. Some of my windows machines have both local accounts and MS accounts. Machine A, for example, has Administrator is a local account while the account name "UserName" uses a Microsoft login.When I'm using Machine B and want to RDP to Machine A as...
  7. Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login

Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login: Here's the problem. Some of my windows machines have both local accounts and MS accounts. Machine A, for example, has Administrator is a local account while the account name "UserName" uses a Microsoft login.When I'm using Machine B and want to RDP to Machine A as...
  8. New Computer, Can't link existing MS Account

New Computer, Can't link existing MS Account: I am trying to set up a new computer for my Uncle who is 91 who bought a new Dell Inspiron with Windows 10 pre-installed. This is to replace a 15 year old computer he is currently using.Upon starting it up, he is asked his email which I entered and his password which he does...
  9. Add a Pin to an existing MS Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add a Pin to an existing MS Account: I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop both running W10 Pro build 1909 using my MS account. When I set up the desktop I did so with a PIN. Didn't think to do that when I did the laptop. Is there a way at this late date to assign a PIN to the laptop -- preferably the...
  10. Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family: Hi - I'm having some frustrating challenges setting up a child account on my Windows 10 PC. I successfully created a child account, and am able to log into the PC using that account. What I'm having trouble with is adding the child account to my 'family' so that I can...