Windows 10: Can't add contacts from Windows 10 emails to people app

Discus and support Can't add contacts from Windows 10 emails to people app in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I can access my emails from my old POP3 account in the windows 10 mail app, but can't add the contacts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TKOlson, Jan 14, 2020.

1. TKOlson Win User

Can't add contacts from Windows 10 emails to people app

Recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I can access my emails from my old POP3 account in the windows 10 mail app, but can't add the contacts from incomingnew emails into the people app. any suggestions?

:)

TKOlson, Jan 14, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Jan 14, 2020
  3. kjdawson1 Win User
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Can't add contacts from Windows 10 emails to people app

email contacts

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add an email to your contacts, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:-

1. Open Yahoo Mail, click on the Contacts icon.
    2. Now click on a contact.
    3. Click Edit Details.
    4. Add email address to the contact.
    5. Click Save.

If you are using Mail App and want to edit contacts stored in People App, I suggest you to refer to following article under
    Edit contacts
    for steps to edit the contact and add an email.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Can't add contacts from Windows 10 emails to people app

1. Can't add contacts from Windows 10 emails to people app - Similar Threads - Can't add contacts

2. Copy all contacts from People app in window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy all contacts from People app in window 10: My Gmail account faulted somehow and many of my contacts have been deleted. But coincidently there was a backup on my other laptop where all the contacts are available in the people app. Now i have disconnected the internet on that laptop fearing syncing might delete from...
  3. Add contact from email in Windows10 mail app

Add contact from email in Windows10 mail app: How do I add a contact from an email in Windows10 Mail app? I left clicked on the sender in the received email, but how do I save the sender's email address as a contact? For example in this email sent from Yahoo:- [ATTACH] I can send an email to the contact but there...
  4. Add Contacts to People - from Bell account

in Browsers and Email
    Add Contacts to People - from Bell account: Hi all, I just set up another computer at work, Win10 Pro, and Im adding email accounts to Mail. This includes Bell accounts which are not listed and have to go under "Other" IP/POP. No problem. But when I wont to import contacts from these Bell accounts, the People app does...
  5. Can't add new account to Contacts people

Can't add new account to Contacts people: Hi, I am trying to add a new account to People/Contacts but I keep getting an error message 0x80004005. It's an pop/imap account. Can someone help me please. cheers,...
  6. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  7. Delete contacts from People App

Delete contacts from People App: I can't delete old contacts from People App. When I right click on the contact the Delete is grayed out. Anyone out there that knows how to fix this, please help me out. Thanks...
  8. Delete contacts from people app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete contacts from people app: When I try to delete contacts from people app the delete option is grayed out. How can I delete these old contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-contacts-from-people-app/01c45ead-10d5-4de6-a386-409b408b8720
  9. Unable to add a number to a contact in Microsoft People app

Unable to add a number to a contact in Microsoft People app: I tried to add a number to a specific contact, but the screen froze and the app auto-exited. This has happened several times since. Needless to say, I cannot solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated......
  10. MSN Email PEOPLE or Contacts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MSN Email PEOPLE or Contacts: I can open inbox and calendar but when I try to open PEOPLE (Contacts) the window you get the blue with white figure in the middle but it will not open it just fades away. How do I correct this I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Have also uninstalled Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to save contacts from emails windows 10 forum

2. windows 10 mail cant add contact