Windows 10: Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices

Discus and support Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect some Bluetooth earbuds I have with an adapter I just bought. I know for a fact the adapter works it just doesnt work on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HENZY0, May 17, 2020.

1. HENZY0 Win User

Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices

I'm trying to connect some Bluetooth earbuds I have with an adapter I just bought. I know for a fact the adapter works it just doesnt work on my computer.

Any time I try clicking on either add device in Device and Printers tab or Add bluetooth device the box opens up for a split second and instantly closes.

The adapter is updated to its latest version. I've tried reinstalling several times and restarting PC. It just seems Windows is bugged.

Using Windows 10 Version 1909

:)

HENZY0, May 17, 2020

2. windows 10 VERY slow when trying to open Devices & Printers?

Windows still has a MS-version of Bluetooth stack, and running BT services by default.
    Didn't pay attention to the fact that you don't have a Bluetooth adapter.
    Scratch my previous suggestion, and disable everything bluetooth-related in services. If that does not help - check network and sharing settings.
    Devices and Printers manager also looks for network-attached multimedia devices (e.g. PCs with streaming service enabled) and network printers. If you by any chance changed network/homegroup settings on your additional PCs, then it could've affected the discovery speed on your computer. Still not sure how to fix it.

silentbogo, May 17, 2020
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, May 17, 2020
  4. Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices

usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices :)

zarathustra2012, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices

1. Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices - Similar Threads - Can't add device

2. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working: Hi,I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth seems to work fine but I can no longer add any new Bluetooth devices. Similarly, I can no longer add any new printers.First the Bluetooth, the problem occurs when I click the "add Bluetooth or other device" button, the small window...
  3. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working: Hi,I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth seems to work fine but I can no longer add any new Bluetooth devices. Similarly, I can no longer add any new printers.First the Bluetooth, the problem occurs when I click the "add Bluetooth or other device" button, the small window...
  4. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Add a device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Add a device: Hello,I need help with my computer. I am trying to connect my xbox controller to my laptop which has bluetooth however when I open settings and go to bluetooth and press add a device, nothing is showing up. I tried to find fixes online. I tried to do win + a to see if it...
  6. Bluetooth Add a device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Add a device: Hello,I need help with my computer. I am trying to connect my xbox controller to my laptop which has bluetooth however when I open settings and go to bluetooth and press add a device, nothing is showing up. I tried to find fixes online. I tried to do win + a to see if it...
  7. Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes: Hello, I have Windows 10 1909 and when i go to: control panel - Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer the menu flashes for 1 sec and then closes. Also if i go to: start menu - settings - devices that menu also flashes for 1 sec and them closes. In...
  8. Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes: Hello, I have Windows 10 1909 and when i go to: control panel - Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer the menu flashes for 1 sec and then closes. Also if i go to: start menu - settings - devices that menu also flashes for 1 sec and them closes. In...
  9. "Add Devices" and "Add Printer" crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Add Devices" and "Add Printer" crashes: I have been trying to add a wireless printer to my laptop both HP, and although the HP Smart app detects the printer, I can't add it in Settings. I can go in Settings and select Devices, but whenever I click to add a new device be it printer, bluetooth, etc. the Settings app...
  10. add bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    add bluetooth devices: add bluetooth devices like ipods to a Acer laptop how can I do that is it possible to add a device to listen to audio apple ipods https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-bluetooth-devices/a3ac961f-d2d2-43a3-a0c8-d6ac76ef5ba5