Windows 10: Can't add device to Local Network, even though its viewable under ipconfig

Discus and support Can't add device to Local Network, even though its viewable under ipconfig in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to add my Vizio TV to my Local Area Network (pc). It is connected to the network, just doesn't show up in the LAN: TV does show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_iillii_, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Can't add device to Local Network, even though its viewable under ipconfig

Hi,

I'm trying to add my Vizio TV to my Local Area Network (pc).

It is connected to the network, just doesn't show up in the LAN:

TV does show up under ipconfig with its IP and MAC address.

Can cast and plex to TV from my pc.

But for some reason Windows won't discover it when populating the local network, and I can't seem to force it to target the known IP address.

Help?

Thanks

submitted by /u/_iillii_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_iillii_, Dec 2, 2020

2. Networking problems! Help

the network number doesn't matter. Windows assigns it incrementally and it has no bearing on how the rest of your devices function on your network. It thought your network was a "different" network when you plugged the router back in. Your router assigns IP address and forwards DHCP calls not the individual computers.

It is funny that it would list local area connection assigned to two different "networks". Pull up a command prompt with administrator privileges for me and type Code: ipconfig /all[/quote] . Take a screenshot or tell me what is says (whichever is easiest for you)

Polaris573, Dec 2, 2020
  3. MJW77CA Win User
    Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List

Last night I noticed my ethernet light on the back of my computer was orange. I did some research to find the reason. Some websites said it was an increased connection speed. Others said a problem with the connection.
    The local area network is no longer in the list of network connections and the other computer in my house has a green light on the ethernet port.
    I've used all the cmd.exe ipconfig steps suggested by websites. Flush dns, reset dns, etc. I've also used the network troubleshooter in windows10 which told me a problem was not found.
    Nothing seems to change the light back to green. Can someone help me find the problem so I can fix it?

MJW77CA, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Can't add device to Local Network, even though its viewable under ipconfig

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Can't add device to Local Network, even though its viewable under ipconfig

1. Can't add device to Local Network, even though its viewable under ipconfig - Similar Threads - Can't add device

2. My account doesn't have a device registered under it, even though the device says it's...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My account doesn't have a device registered under it, even though the device says it's...: I'm currently using Windows 10, and I have the account I want to be the primary account on my device, and when I go to remove the old one, I log in to it on my browser. After I log in on my browser, it doesn't show the device I'm attempting to remove it from under it, despite...
  3. My account doesn't have a device registered under it, even though the device says it's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account doesn't have a device registered under it, even though the device says it's...: I'm currently using Windows 10, and I have the account I want to be the primary account on my device, and when I go to remove the old one, I log in to it on my browser. After I log in on my browser, it doesn't show the device I'm attempting to remove it from under it, despite...
  4. My account doesn't have a device registered under it, even though the device says it's...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 'ping' and 'ipconfig' are not recognized commands, even though the PATH is correct

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    'ping' and 'ipconfig' are not recognized commands, even though the PATH is correct: Every article I have found suggests that the problem is that %systemroot%\system32 is missing from the PATH, but that is not the problem in my case. C:\Users\belegtal>ping 8.8.8.8 'ping' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file....
  6. Audio input device not appearing even though its installed

Audio input device not appearing even though its installed: Hi, I'm trying to add a keyboard the music kind, not for typing to my computer via USB. My computer says the keyboard is installed & ready to go, and when I look under the Device Manager, it shows up there under the Sound & Video Game Controllers category and appears to be...
  7. Can't Add TV to Local Area Network, but have its IP and MAC address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Add TV to Local Area Network, but have its IP and MAC address: I have a smart TV Vizio that is connected to my home network. Ipconfig shows its IP address and MAC address. I can cast and plex to it from my pc. But it doesn't appear in my pc's local area network. Any ideas? Is there a way to force the LAN to recognize the device...
  8. bluetooth not on device even though it is

bluetooth not on device even though it is: Currently receive error message that my device does not have bluetooth bluetooth not available on this device. I know I have bluetooth on my computer I'm currently using it now - my wireless keyboard and mouse are connected via bluetooth with the external adapter it came...
  9. no local pc's listed under "Network"...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no local pc's listed under "Network"...: Well, to make a long story short, i finally got the list of PC's on my home network to show up under the Network folder in file manager. I had lost everything except media devices. Had to reset the network a couple times to get everything back again. I only have 2 PC's on the...
  10. Windows syncing across devices even though its turned off in accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows syncing across devices even though its turned off in accounts: By of my pc's are running 1803 latest CU and my problem is that even with sync set to off on both devices windows continues syncing. My desktop icons are more comprehensive than on my tablet and it becomes littered with them. If I delete one it simultaneously disappears from...