Windows 10: Can't add document to Excel jump list

Discus and support Can't add document to Excel jump list in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am no longer able to add a new pinned Excel document to the Excel jump list on the Taskbar. I can remove existing items from the jump list, but when... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by itm, Mar 25, 2019.

1. ITM
    itm Win User

Can't add document to Excel jump list

I am no longer able to add a new pinned Excel document to the Excel jump list on the Taskbar. I can remove existing items from the jump list, but when I try to pin a new item to it my request is ignored. I can manage my MS Word jump list without any problems.
    I've tried using the "Reset_and_Clear_Recent_Items.bat" script (refrred to elsewhere on this forum)
    to fix this, but it failed because it couldn't find the relevant folders in \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent
    Any ideas?

:)

2. RDSmith00 Win User

Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

To get a file into a Word or Excel taskbar jump list:
    Create a shortcut to the workbook or document you want in the jump list, rename it as you wish, then copy (Ctl+drag) it onto the Excel or Word icon on the taskbar. It will then be pinned there; i.e. when you right click the icon, you'll see the file. Click it to open it.

RDSmith00, Mar 25, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

Hi there

what's your Office 2016 version release

Mine is :

Can't add document to Excel jump list [​IMG]

Not quite sure what you want to do -- drop downs etc in EXCEL seem OK and the "Recent documents" in EXCEL gives you a decent number of your recently accessed files.

For example :

Can't add document to Excel jump list [​IMG]

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Can't add document to Excel jump list

Where is my Excel Jump List on Windows 10?

I used to use the jump list for Excel from the start menu to open recently used Excel files. Now it has gone and I cant find out how to get it back. I am sure it is there somewhere. Does anyone know how I can restore the jump list of recently used Excel
    files?

leicestersq, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Can't add document to Excel jump list

1. Can't add document to Excel jump list - Similar Threads - Can't add document

2. A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list: New laptop only 2 weeks old with Windows 11 running... I have a handful of Excel files that I use regularly and have had them pinned in my taskbar Jump List for years previous laptop was running windows 10 and now on the new laptop, a couple of those Excel files that will not...
  3. A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list: New laptop only 2 weeks old with Windows 11 running... I have a handful of Excel files that I use regularly and have had them pinned in my taskbar Jump List for years previous laptop was running windows 10 and now on the new laptop, a couple of those Excel files that will not...
  4. Can't open excel documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open excel documents: If I download excel documents on windows 10 I can't open them, not with excel nor sheets, those apps don't show up when I try to choose an app to open the file with. They do have the ".xlxs" at the end but the pc doesn't recognize them for some reason. I tried with files sent...
  5. Can't open excel documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open excel documents: If I download excel documents on windows 10 I can't open them, not with excel nor sheets, those apps don't show up when I try to choose an app to open the file with. They do have the ".xlxs" at the end but the pc doesn't recognize them for some reason. I tried with files sent...
  6. Can't open excel documents

7. Pinned document in jump list cannot be removed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned document in jump list cannot be removed: Good day. Experiencing troubles when I try to remvove a pinned document on the jump list of Word that is pinned to my task bar. When I right click the Word app I can see the entry. It is possible to pin the same document again - in this case the same document gets pinned...
  8. Can't unpin excel jump list file from the start menu

Can't unpin excel jump list file from the start menu: There's nothing there that links those shortcuts to the jumplist for the app that opens them, that the job of the files in the AutomaticDestinations folder. So what is the purpose of the recent items folder? Where are those shortcut files, folders used?
  9. Unable to copy file from Excel jump list

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to copy file from Excel jump list: Hi, With Win7 I used to be able to copy a recent or pinned file from any MS Office jump list by right clicking and selecting Copy from the context menu For Win 10 the menu is still there but when you r/c the file it doesn't appear to be in focus and consequently nothing is...
  10. Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016: so jump lists via my taskbar and windows 10, I'm not having much joy :-( I've just got a new desktop (Jan 2016) with windows 10 pre-loaded and I installed office 2010 - jump lists didn't work - so I thought I'll uninstall and install office 2016 64bit - jump lists still...