Windows 10: Can't add email accounts to Windows 10 S tablet

Discus and support Can't add email accounts to Windows 10 S tablet in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I recently bought a Fusion 5 tablet with Windows 10S operating system. I find I cannot add ymail and gmail email accounts to the native email client:... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by curt jugg, Mar 31, 2021.

1. curt jugg Win User

Can't add email accounts to Windows 10 S tablet

I recently bought a Fusion 5 tablet with Windows 10S operating system. I find I cannot add ymail and gmail email accounts to the native email client: it just hangs saying "Creating account" and nothing happens. Anyone got any ideas, please? Thanks.

:)

curt jugg, Mar 31, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Can't add email accounts to Windows 10 S tablet :(

Zakin, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Can't add email accounts to Windows 10 S tablet

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Can't add email accounts to Windows 10 S tablet

1. Can't add email accounts to Windows 10 S tablet - Similar Threads - Can't add email

2. why can't i add new email accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i add new email accounts: why can't i add new email accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-add-new-email-accounts/52dd4d45-1d8c-467d-940e-471765059d41
  3. why can't i add new email accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't i add new email accounts: why can't i add new email accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-add-new-email-accounts/52dd4d45-1d8c-467d-940e-471765059d41
  4. Can't add email account to Windows 10 mail app - error 0x80004005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add email account to Windows 10 mail app - error 0x80004005: Really annoying me now. I have 3 accounts which I have been using just fine with the mail app, but a 4th one I had started playing up - a BT Email account. I tried removing and re-adding the account but the Mail app just gives me error 0x80004005 which seems to be the worlds...
  5. Can't add email account to Windows 10 mail app - error 0x80004005

Can't add email account to Windows 10 mail app - error 0x80004005: Really annoying me now. I have 3 accounts which I have been using just fine with the mail app, but a 4th one I had started playing up - a BT Email account. I tried removing and re-adding the account but the Mail app just gives me error 0x80004005 which seems to be the worlds...
  6. Add a AOL email account to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add a AOL email account to Windows 10: How to add an AOL email account to Windows 10. Continuously get "Fix account, need to update password". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-a-aol-email-account-to-windows-10/a5218c38-20f4-494a-a65c-5f5532ec2525
  7. I can't add Email account to Mail app.

I can't add Email account to Mail app.: I can't add my Email account to Mail app. Error code: 0x80070490 as the picture below.I've tried 2 times reset window, but nothing changed.I install "Kaspersky Anti-Virus", scan and the result is safe. I found out that if I turn it on , there will be a dialogue as below. If I...
  8. Can't add an email account to Windows mail app

Can't add an email account to Windows mail app: I cannot add another email in the mail app. I go through the steps but Windows gets stuck on this screen. I've left it for hours but it does not make any progress. Thank you in advance. [ATTACH]...
  9. Can't add new email account to Mail

Can't add new email account to Mail: My hotmail account was linked to my mail app in Win10. I received a notification the it needed "fixing", however it was unable to fix itself. I was still able to receive mail and sign in on other devices. So I unlinked the account a planned to re-link it, however now when I...
  10. add a tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    add a tablet: HOW DO I ADD AN ANDRIOD TABLET TO WINDOWS AND ADD IT TO GMAIL SINE THAT ACCT HAS EEN ADDED TO WINDOWS ALREADY THANK Y KIM NORMAN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-a-tablet/683090d6-dd1a-4ea5-8331-dda69e5e5a99