Windows 10: Can't add extensions to Edge browser on desktop PC

Discus and support Can't add extensions to Edge browser on desktop PC in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am unable to add extensions to Edge browser on my Desktop PC. When I go to the windows store, from Edge, in order to add them - none are shown. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by yu gnomi, Aug 5, 2016.

1. yu gnomi Win User

Can't add extensions to Edge browser on desktop PC

I am unable to add extensions to Edge browser on my Desktop PC. When I go to the windows store, from Edge, in order to add them - none are shown.

I also have a tablet running Windows 10, and was able to add them just fine on the tablet.

Any ideas what might be going wrong with my desktop?

p.s. - please don't ask me to download and run a bunch of hardware testing programs, I won't run any of them.

:)

yu gnomi, Aug 5, 2016
  2. Nilesh_k Win User

how to add extension/add-one in edge browser

I am facing problem with adding extension in edge browser. can u

tell me for how to add extension in edge browser????

Nilesh_k, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Nilesh_k Win User
    how to add extension in Edge browser??

Hello,

Microsoft community said that still edge browser does not support to extension/Add-one

Then how to bitdefender install his "Trafficlight" addo-one in edge browser???

if edge browser does not support to extension/Add-one then it is big flaw in your edge browser..

Can't add extensions to Edge browser on desktop PC [​IMG]

Nilesh_k, Aug 5, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Did you get the anniversary update already?
    Also I had a problem on my desktop PC(only, nut not my laptop or Insider VM) installing a "certain here unnameable" extension, also after trying to install it, Reliability History kept showing errors(a whole bunch) for Edge. So I did a repair install, and that fixed everything.

Cliff S, Aug 5, 2016
  5. yu gnomi Win User
    I have anniversary update on both desktop and tablet.

At the risk of tossing out a red herring, I had another Windows Store related issue when I subscribed to a Groove music pass. Everything worked fine on the tablet, but I wasn't able to play or download any music on my desktop PC. After chatting with a bunch of MS techs and trying to get it to work, I gave up and returned the music pass the same day I bought it.

yu gnomi, Aug 5, 2016
  6. prikker Win User
    Me neither. I have the latest update, but when I click on get extensions, the store opens and you get several extensions. I choose ABP and as I understand correctly you must click on the Free (if you didn't have the anniversary update you see Update) button, but nothing happens*Huh Why not an installbutton like in Chrome and Firefox?

prikker, Aug 5, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Sorry, I can't help with the Music Pass*Sad, I do music the old fashioned(?) way, and rip to disk*Smile, or just find a good play list on YouTube and stream it(from the artist or Record company directly when possible), no need to download or buy music any more, specially as I get bored*Sleepy with a song or album really fast.

Cliff S, Aug 5, 2016
  8. yu gnomi Win User

I've been using Google Play Music a lot recently - which I think is fantastic for a free music service.

I wanted the Groove Music pass to replenish my personal music collection, which has suffered over the years from a couple of hardware failures.

yu gnomi, Aug 5, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Maybe the repair install might fix the Music pass issues too?
    It must be some kind of corruption to the system files.

Cliff S, Aug 5, 2016
  10. yu gnomi Win User
    Repair install seems like a lot of work for a browser that is my 3rd choice of browsers now, after Chrome and Pale Moon. With extensions working, it might overtake Pale Moon, but I'm pretty sure Chrome would still be the browser I used most of the time.

yu gnomi, Aug 5, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't add extensions to Edge browser on desktop PC - Similar Threads - Can't add extensions

2. Microsoft Edge keeps restarting due to a browser extension

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Edge keeps restarting due to a browser extension: hi i have some problems with microsoft edge. it keeps crashing because of a browser extensionthe browser extension is something called "wRuleTest" idk what is this extension.but i something found in the C:\ProgramData. The folder is something called "Dvpjvm"at first i have no...
  3. Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser?

in Windows 10 News
    Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser?: [ATTACH]Now that the new Microsoft Edge based on the Chromium engine is rolling out, you may find some of the extensions missing after the upgrade […] This post Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser? is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Announcing the webhint v1 browser extension for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the webhint v1 browser extension for Microsoft Edge: We are thrilled to announce that the webhint browser extension has moved from beta to its v1 release and is now available for Insider builds of Microsoft Edge, as well as for Chrome and Firefox! The webhint browser extension allows you to easily scan a website and get...
  5. How to manage, add, remove Extensions in new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage, add, remove Extensions in new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Chromium engine powers the new Microsoft Edge browser. With the support of the Chromium engine, it brings in support for extensions from the Chrome Web Store as well. However, Microsoft has posted a list of separate extensions that they [...] This post...
  6. ID SAFE and Edge Browser extension

in Browsers and Email
    ID SAFE and Edge Browser extension: I use a password manager extension for Norton ID safe,,, it was fine for a long time but then one day something went funky and now whenever I have extensions enabled (not even logged in to the ID safe extension) my browser gets slow, when I type to search for instance at...
  7. Add-ons For Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Add-ons For Edge Browser: Hi *Party from where I can download Add-ons For Edge Browser ? 19060
  8. Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge: How to: Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge How to Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...
  9. Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for ....

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for ....: Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for Fast Ring Testers [img] [img] It looks like Microsoft has added another browser extension in the Windows Store for their Microsoft Edge web browser. The Office Online browser extension for...
  10. Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website: Dedicated Microsoft Edge extensions page revealed early as new Redstone build nears [img] A user by the name of H0x0d on Twitter appears to have found a dedicated webpage from Microsoft asking Windows Insiders to begin testing Extensions for Microsoft Edge. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant add extensions to edge browser