Windows 10: Can't add family organiser to family group

Discus and support Can't add family organiser to family group in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, when trying to add a family member as an organiser to my family group I send the invite and an acknowledgement screen that states "Invitation sent... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EjazKidwai, May 18, 2020.

1. Can't add family organiser to family group

Hi, when trying to add a family member as an organiser to my family group I send the invite and an acknowledgement screen that states "Invitation sent to their email. When they accept, they'll join your family."

I logged out and logged back in with their MSA, went to their email and accepted the invitation. I was then presented with the following:

You haven't joined the family yet!

To join this family, you’ll need to leave the Microsoft family you’re already in.

Got it

Once you click "Got it" you just get a screen listing the members of the family. No instructions, no subsequent actions to take, nothing.

I've also tried clicking 'accept now' in my own account on the invitation page; I'm invited to login to their account, I see a summary screen listing the Organiser user profile details and click 'Yes' at the bottom. I then receive the error page:

" something went wrong, please try refreshing the page or try again later'

I've tried this multiple times without success!!

:)

EjazKidwai, May 18, 2020
  2. EdTittel Win User

Last member (Adult) unable to leave Family group

Why not set up an admin account with documented password, add it to the family group? Then you can take your account out, and still have (or leave) an admin/family group access account available. Just a thought/suggestion...
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 18, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Last member (Adult) unable to leave Family group

Not a bad idea, I had not thought of that!

4. Junaid_A Win User

Can't add family organiser to family group

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't add family organiser to family group

1. Can't add family organiser to family group - Similar Threads - Can't add family

2. Unable to add a family in a family group.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to add a family in a family group.: I ma unable to add my daughter to Family Safety as a member or organizer. I even bought the Family subscription bc the support person told me I need one. I am not sure it's true as it worked previously on the old laptop.I am running Windows 10 though it doesnt really matter...
  3. Unable to add a family in a family group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add a family in a family group.: I ma unable to add my daughter to Family Safety as a member or organizer. I even bought the Family subscription bc the support person told me I need one. I am not sure it's true as it worked previously on the old laptop.I am running Windows 10 though it doesnt really matter...
  4. Unable to add a family in a family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety: HelloI was having trouble with my child account on a new w11 laptop to retrieve screen time. I tried to remove parental consent and remove my Child from my family group.But then impossible to put back consent. And after several removal attempt, I now get an error message when...
  6. Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety

Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety: HelloI was having trouble with my child account on a new w11 laptop to retrieve screen time. I tried to remove parental consent and remove my Child from my family group.But then impossible to put back consent. And after several removal attempt, I now get an error message when...
  7. Can't add my son to my family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add my son to my family group: Hello,A while back I had setup an outlook account for my 8 year son that has Xbox connected to it. However, now I'd like to add him to my family group for screen time, etc but keep getting the notice that he's part of another group. I then logged into his account via...
  8. Can't add my son to my family group

Can't add my son to my family group: Hello,A while back I had setup an outlook account for my 8 year son that has Xbox connected to it. However, now I'd like to add him to my family group for screen time, etc but keep getting the notice that he's part of another group. I then logged into his account via...
  9. Unable to add organiser in Family Safety

Unable to add organiser in Family Safety: hi, i tried to add organizer in my family group but it keeps encountering error message: " Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened but refreshing the page may help, or try again in a little while." can anyone advised?...
  10. Microsoft family - can't add child to group

Microsoft family - can't add child to group: I am trying to set up a Family Group and add one child, but when it gives the option for my child to sign in and accept the invitation I get a message saying 'You can't join this group until you leave the group you are already in'. I have set up my child with an outlook...