Windows 10: Cant add friends to my xbox account because of 'privacy settings'

Discus and support Cant add friends to my xbox account because of 'privacy settings' in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; whenever I try to add a friend on xbox it doesn't allow me to add them and says 'Your privacy settings are blocking you from using this feature.' I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Deano901, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Deano901 Win User

Cant add friends to my xbox account because of 'privacy settings'

whenever I try to add a friend on xbox it doesn't allow me to add them and says 'Your privacy settings are blocking you from using this feature.'

I cant find where to change these privacy settings anywhere and the Microsoft and Xbox pages are just going round in circles.

I used to be part of a Microsoft family but I left so I don't believe that is the issue'

:)

Deano901, Apr 16, 2020

2. Can't change my child accounts privacy settings on windows 10 for xbox live app

Hi,

To manage your Xbox family settings, please follow the steps from these articles:

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact our
    Xbox Support
    for account management.

Regards.

Melowin Mar, May 23, 2020
  3. Paul Bab Win User
    I can't add any friends on Xbox

Hi,

Let's gather the following details to properly isolate your concern:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you using the Xbox One or the Xbox 360?
    • Have you tried adding your friends on the Xbox app?

You have the option to add your friends online via
    Xbox.com
    . Here's how:

• From the privacy
      settings
      .)

For more information about how to add new Xbox friends, feel free to visit this

page

Looking forward to your response.

Paul Bab, May 23, 2020
  4. Cant add friends to my xbox account because of 'privacy settings'

cant open privacy settings

Hi Sean,

There are several possible explanations as to why you're encountering issues with accessing your Xbox account's privacy settings. Here's a list of the common factors:

• There's an ongoing Xbox Live server outage.
    • You're using a child account which needs a parent permission in order to change the privacy settings.
    • Access to Xbox Live is not yet available to your location.

For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a child or a parent account?
    • Have you made any changes to your Xbox account before encountering this issue?
    • Have you tried using a different web browser to access your account's privacy settings?
    • Are you encountering the same issue when accessing your account's privacy settings on a different device like an Xbox console?

Catherine Cus., May 23, 2020
Thema:

Cant add friends to my xbox account because of 'privacy settings'

1. Cant add friends to my xbox account because of 'privacy settings' - Similar Threads - Cant add friends

2. my web cam wont work because i cant turn it on in my privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my web cam wont work because i cant turn it on in my privacy settings: i cant change my privacy settings to turn my webcam on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-web-cam-wont-work-because-i-cant-turn-it-on-in/eec05bee-02fe-4c3b-a088-0c5cb3d2558c
  3. my web cam wont work because i cant turn it on in my privacy settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my web cam wont work because i cant turn it on in my privacy settings: i cant change my privacy settings to turn my webcam on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-web-cam-wont-work-because-i-cant-turn-it-on-in/eec05bee-02fe-4c3b-a088-0c5cb3d2558c
  4. my web cam wont work because i cant turn it on in my privacy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cant access my own privacy settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant access my own privacy settings: I cant access my own privacy settings and when I press to do so it just brings me back to the page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-my-own-privacy-settings/00f6acc3-0839-465f-a7d0-94bd9ec5ffc3
  6. Cant add friends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant add friends: i cannot add friends for some reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-friends/34e8a536-73ef-4d4c-8312-fcd9c9d41f5a
  7. Cant add friends or connect to microsoft.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant add friends or connect to microsoft.: I bought minecraft for windows 10 and 2 nintendo switches. My PC version wont let me add friends. Says to go to privacy settings. I went to my accounts privacy settings and saw nothing. One switch will not connect to the new microsoft account i made. The other switch is...
  8. Xbox Online Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Online Privacy Settings: I have been trying to play minecraft on Windows 10 with realms, but it says to change your privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings. If I go to that, it automatically redirects to https://beta.support.xbox.com/. If I click on more actions > Xbox settings, it redirects right...
  9. Kids used to be friends on Minecraft PE but cant add friends anymore.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Kids used to be friends on Minecraft PE but cant add friends anymore.: Both of my girls set up minecraft PE on their devices and could add each other as friends and play together, then my daughter tried to add another school friend but could not because she had to sign in to a microsoft account. This has become a long journey of creating...
  10. Can't change my own Xbox Live account's privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change my own Xbox Live account's privacy settings: Hello! My name is Stas,and I've got some problem I want you to help me with. Not so long ago I bought Minecraft Bedrock edition (For Windows 10). I played it for a while,then i decided my friend to play with me.I logged into my Xbox Live account in Minecraft and tried to go...