Windows 10: Cant add gmail account to calendar. says "account already exists"

Discus and support Cant add gmail account to calendar. says "account already exists" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a new Surface 6 and cannot get a gmail account to add to calendar. I have reset Mail/calendar, it adds to Mail fine, but won't add to calendar.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by D83706, Sep 8, 2019.

1. D83706 Win User

Cant add gmail account to calendar. says "account already exists"

I have a new Surface 6 and cannot get a gmail account to add to calendar. I have reset Mail/calendar, it adds to Mail fine, but won't add to calendar. If y try to add it, it just says "account already exists". I have set my google account to less secure, but it still doesn't work.

I need to sync my calendar to an android phone calendar. Should I just give up and use a third party calendar?

:)

D83706, Sep 8, 2019

2. Mail & Calendar - Gmail "Account Already Exists"

I upgraded to Windows yesterday from 8.1 and so far I love it.

Unfortunately, the Mail and Calendar apps are useless to me at this point. When I open the Mail app it says"Not Synced Yet" and has no accounts attached. When I try to add my main account it says that the account already exists and will no let me proceed.
    If I try to add another account (both Gmail) it times out and gives me the error 0x800705b4.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. I mainly use my browser to answer e-mails but would like to receive notifications and sync my calendar.

Thanks!

ChelseaMettille, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Hill1951 Win User
    Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Hi

I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result

Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got the same message. Account was listed in drop down box of options. I am running Outlook 2007 on this PC.

On my laptop I use Mail and Calendar and added a gmail account to my two existing hotmail accounts. Added account using my non admin account.

Suggestions?

Hill1951, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Cant add gmail account to calendar. says "account already exists" :(

Zakin, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Cant add gmail account to calendar. says "account already exists" - Similar Threads - Cant add gmail

2. "Account Already Exists" Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Account Already Exists" Problem: Hello, I'm in the middle of switching all my accounts connected to my old gmail to my new one. While trying to switch my microsoft account because it's connected to my Minecraft account to my new gmail, I click the 'verify' and 'make primary' button options, enter my new...
  3. An account already exist, not able to add account in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An account already exist, not able to add account in Windows 11: Hello,I am writing this from my daughters account, I am her father.I am not able to add her account as another user.I have got the message that her account already is connected to this PC.Background:When I tried to add her account it took very long time to get the...
  4. An account already exist, not able to add account in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An account already exist, not able to add account in Windows 11: Hello,I am writing this from my daughters account, I am her father.I am not able to add her account as another user.I have got the message that her account already is connected to this PC.Background:When I tried to add her account it took very long time to get the...
  5. "Account already exist"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Account already exist": I could not create a Microsoft account on my tablet so I created one on my laptop. Now every time I try to sign in on my tablet, it directs me to "Create an account" page and says that there is already an account with my email. What do I do?...
  6. "Account already exist"

"Account already exist": I could not create a Microsoft account on my tablet so I created one on my laptop. Now every time I try to sign in on my tablet, it directs me to "Create an account" page and says that there is already an account with my email. What do I do?...
  7. the specified account already exists

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the specified account already exists: Receiving the subjected error while installing any new application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-account-already-exists/0ec62d29-1ebb-49bc-b9f7-6e85deace4ba
  8. Unable to add gmail account to calendar app

Unable to add gmail account to calendar app: Hi, I have a problem with the calendar app. I want to connect a certain one of my two Gmail accounts to the calendar app. When I click the settings button then 'manage account', I can see that my Gmail account is connected. However, when I look at the calendars, it says I...
  9. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  10. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...