Windows 10: can't add gmail account to mail in win10 home

Discus and support can't add gmail account to mail in win10 home in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear I have bought new Huawei Mate Book. I have add one of my account on gmail to mail app, but after sync it has not upload any of my old emails.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PavelToman1, Jun 12, 2019.

1. can't add gmail account to mail in win10 home

Dear I have bought new Huawei Mate Book.

I have add one of my account on gmail to mail app, but after sync it has not upload any of my old emails.

And after I tried to add other gmail account, after inset the password the error 0x0000008b appeared and I cannot continues. I have restart mail app.

No difference.

what can I do ?

On my old computer it has worked fine so no problem with gmail settings.

:)

PavelToman1, Jun 12, 2019

2. Yahoo mail - alternative accounts

Sounds promising, I have a Gmail account. How do I verify the Yahoo account using it ?

I have sent several Gmails to john @yahoo.com, but all I get are mail failure emails back saying the account is not available. I also did this with OE a few times with the same result.

Why `o why can`t Yahoo be more explicit in their instructions. I am no dummy, but I give in on this one.

Bald Eagle, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Jun 12, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

can't add gmail account to mail in win10 home

Gmail - Getting mails not exactly sent to me

No one else is getting anyone's mail because of this... It is NOT a bug.
    It is intentional. All those addresses belong to you, no matter where the dot.

Quoted from GMail help:

Test it... send yourself an email with no dot in your name.

95Viper, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

can't add gmail account to mail in win10 home

1. can't add gmail account to mail in win10 home - Similar Threads - can't add gmail

2. how to add Gmail account to Mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to add Gmail account to Mail?: Dear Sir, how to add Gmail account to Mail? I got error code 0x80070490 after tried many timed for add Gmail account. How to download wechat on labtop? I cannot find in Microsoft store. I'm using window 10 home...
  3. how to add Gmail account to Mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to add Gmail account to Mail?: Dear Sir, how to add Gmail account to Mail? I got error code 0x80070490 after tried many timed for add Gmail account. How to download wechat on labtop? I cannot find in Microsoft store. I'm using window 10 home...
  4. how to add Gmail account to Mail?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail: There are tons of pages worth of people asking this question, most of the solutions are the same and this does not work - maybe someone has figured this out more recently. I have IMAP enabled in my Google/Gmail settings, the problem is getting past the "add ann account" page,...
  6. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail: There are tons of pages worth of people asking this question, most of the solutions are the same and this does not work - maybe someone has figured this out more recently. I have IMAP enabled in my Google/Gmail settings, the problem is getting past the "add ann account" page,...
  7. Can't add account to Win10 mail app

Can't add account to Win10 mail app: I have done a clean install of Windows 10 with all updates to version 10.0.19042 build 19042. When I try to add my email account using POP3/IMAP option it gives error code 0x8007139f. I tried setting up the servers in the advanced menu to imap.virginmedia.com incoming and...
  8. I can't add gmail account to people app //win10

I can't add gmail account to people app //win10: hi after i trying to add a gmail account in people app , the sign in windows coming for 1 sec and after that an error with white windows will apear ::we can't connect to the servise tou need right niw . check your network connection or try this again later . i have win 10 pro...
  9. Can't add Gmail account to "mail" on Window 10

Can't add Gmail account to "mail" on Window 10: Hi, I am using Zenbook flip 15 and I have tried 4 solutions already (as shown below) and none of them worked. 1. The most common solution: advanced setting and typing imap.gmail.com:993 and smtp.gmail.com:465 2. enable IMAP on my gmail account 3. check if firewall...
  10. Can't add gmail to mail app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't add gmail to mail app: I can't add gmail to mail app. Here's the error: [ATTACH] Additionally, I think the "check for updates" in windows update is not able to detect new feature updates. It is a guess. I feel I used to use a newer version of windows 10 before doing "reset PC"....