Windows 10: Can't add gmail to mail app

Discus and support Can't add gmail to mail app in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I can't add gmail to mail app. Here's the error: [ATTACH] Additionally, I think the "check for updates" in windows update is not able to detect... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Shivashish Sarkar, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Can't add gmail to mail app

I can't add gmail to mail app.

Here's the error:

Can't add gmail to mail app 1b537668-0472-44f2-863b-71a001ad61d8?upload=true.png

Additionally, I think the "check for updates" in windows update is not able to detect new feature updates. It is a guess. I feel I used to use a newer version of windows 10 before doing "reset PC".

:)

Shivashish Sarkar, Apr 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Apr 20, 2019
  3. 10win10 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

hi, you can add images how you re-add your gmail account?
    i don't find right now but i search for some article about that, but pretty sure that i read somewhere about that
    Add Gmail and Other Email to Windows 10 Mail Calendar (Updated)

thanks

10win10, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Can't add gmail to mail app

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can't add gmail to mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Can't add gmail to mail app

1. Can't add gmail to mail app - Similar Threads - Can't add gmail

2. Mail App and Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail App and Gmail: Hello, when I try to add a Gmail account in Windows 10 Mail App I always get error. [ATTACH] I press "Google" here and then get the following error: [ATTACH] My Internet Connection is not a problem! How can I fix this?...
  3. Can't add account to my Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add account to my Mail app: Whenever I try to add my gmail account to windows' mail app I always get the error 0x8007042b. I already tried reinstalling the app and it still doesn't works. I have another laptop connected to the same network and it's able to sync my email flawlessly but I still can't do...
  4. Can't add Gmail Account in any App in Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't add Gmail Account in any App in Windows 10!: I'm not able to sign in with my Gmail account in any app! Every time I try to do this, I get "Something went wrong! error code 0x8000000b". And if I manually add Gmail through 'Advanced Options', it adds the account but then I continuously get messages saying "Your Google...
  5. Can't add gmail account to windows 10 Calendar app, but it works fine in Mail app

Can't add gmail account to windows 10 Calendar app, but it works fine in Mail app: I am able to add and sync my gmail account in the Windows 10 mail app just fine, but, for some reason, it doesn't work on the Calendar app. I've tried adding my account to Calendar using advanced setup and manually inputted the IMAP fields, but it still doesn't work. I've...
  6. Can't add Gmail accounts to Windows 10 Mail & Calander App (error 0x8000000b)

Can't add Gmail accounts to Windows 10 Mail & Calander App (error 0x8000000b): I get the error 0x8000000b every time I try to add my Gmail account to the Windows 10 Mail app. I've tried running the Windows Store App Troubleshooter, I've tried resetting the app, I've tried restarting the PC, nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me out here?...
  7. Can't add Gmail account to my Mail app in Windows 10 (0x80004005)

Can't add Gmail account to my Mail app in Windows 10 (0x80004005): Hi, I have the same issue as mentioned in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail-winpc/cant-add-a-gmail-account-to-windows-10-builtin/742906fd-8fb2-4d80-9f4d-9031720fac7a except that the error code is 0x80004005. I tried adding...
  8. Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App: Hi I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got...
  9. Can't add Gmail Acct to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't add Gmail Acct to Windows 10 Mail: Microsoft recently pushed a couple of updates to my machine and I'm now in Windows 10 Pro Ver. 1803 (17134.167) and Mail (ver. 16005.10228.20127.0). All of a sudden, mail no longer shows my two gmail accounts. I tried removing and readding them but nothing comes back....
  10. Mail App and Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App and Gmail: I've always had my gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, however the last update I did the mail app is a complete mess and will not show my gmail messages. I've deleted and relinked the account but it's not linking properly at all. I was able to successfully link a...