Windows 10: Can't Add Google Account to Windows

Discus and support Can't Add Google Account to Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Initially, I couldn't add my gmail account to Windows Calendar. I've tried the IMAP fix, and used the advanced setup setting, but no luck. Now, I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EnrikB3, Oct 4, 2018.

1. EnrikB3 Win User

Can't Add Google Account to Windows

Initially, I couldn't add my gmail account to Windows Calendar. I've tried the IMAP fix, and used the advanced setup setting, but no luck. Now, I can't add my gmail account to Windows through the settings tab. I'm getting error code 0x8000000b.

My system is up to date. I've ran the SDT and there's nothing wrong with my Surface. I've tried resetting the Calendar and Mail App. Tried turning off my firewall. Nothing seems to be working. Is there a fix for this?

Edit: I can add my gmail account to my Windows account, but it's through the IMAP/POP option. It now shows up in Mail, but not in Calendar.

:)

EnrikB3, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Gmail account error 0x8007042b. error appears just after clicking add account>google

Hi Sourav,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in adding the Google account on Windows 10. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us below information to assist you better:

• Do confirm to us if you are trying to add the account on Mail app?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Is this issue specific only to Google account?
    • Are you able to add any other account on Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try to add different account and check if the issue persists.

This will let us know if the issue is with Google account or Mail app.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter as it troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 3: I suggest you to install all the pending Windows Updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Can't Add Google Account to Windows :(

Zakin, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't Add Google Account to Windows - Similar Threads - Can't Add Google

2. Calendar is opening now but can't add Google account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar is opening now but can't add Google account: The past few days my Calendar app wouldn't open. Now that bug has been fixed, and it's opening again. However, it dumped all my synced accounts. When I try to add my Google account, I get the following message:*******Something went wrong We're sorry, but we weren't able to do...
  3. Calendar is opening now but can't add Google account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar is opening now but can't add Google account: The past few days my Calendar app wouldn't open. Now that bug has been fixed, and it's opening again. However, it dumped all my synced accounts. When I try to add my Google account, I get the following message:*******Something went wrong We're sorry, but we weren't able to do...
  4. Can't add google account to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add google account to windows 11: I have been trying to add my gmail to the windows mail app. Brand-new laptop. When I click Add Account > Google. I get a box that pops up saying "Can't Connect to the service""We Can't Connect to the service you need right now. Check your network connection or try this again...
  5. Can't add google account to windows 11

Can't add google account to windows 11: I have been trying to add my gmail to the windows mail app. Brand-new laptop. When I click Add Account > Google. I get a box that pops up saying "Can't Connect to the service""We Can't Connect to the service you need right now. Check your network connection or try this again...
  6. Windows 10 Calendar and Google Calendar - Can't Add Google Account Stuck at "Creating Account"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Calendar and Google Calendar - Can't Add Google Account Stuck at "Creating Account": I am trying to add my google calendar into windows 10 calendar. I add my google email and password and agree to the terms and then the application just gets completely stuck at Add an account "creating account". I uninstalled the windows 10 calendar app and still get the same...
  7. I can't add my Google account

I can't add my Google account: Hello, I'm trying to open my Gmail account in the Mail & Calendar app Windows 10, but it won't let me do it. Whenever I select Google from the list, a pop-up appears saying: "Something wen't wrong. We're but we weren't able to do that. Error code: 0x8007042b", without even...
  8. Can't add a Google account in Windows 10 for calendar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't add a Google account in Windows 10 for calendar: Link Here is exactly what happened. When I clicked on Google, it says creating account. What should happen after that is that one login page of Google should pop up, which doesnt in the video. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks...
  9. BUG - Outlook calendar can't add google account

BUG - Outlook calendar can't add google account: Hi, When adding a google account to outlook calendar, nothing happens - it gets stuck on the add account screen after you sign in, as seen here: [ATTACH] [Moved from: Outlook.com / alendars and tasks / Import, share, or open calendars]...
  10. Can't Add Google Account

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Add Google Account: [img] I'm having yet another problem with Windows 10 now. I can't add my Google account to Mail. When I try I get the attached error window. Any ideas how I can fix this? 54119

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows cant find google account

2. cant add google account to windows 10

3. cannot add google account to windows 10

4. why cant I add google account to surface,
  5. cant add google account to windows,
  6. cant add Google account to windows phone 8.1,
  7. trouble adding google account windows 10,
  8. cant add google account 08x8007042b,
  9. what is the reason for having an error when adding a google account to windows 10,
  10. cant add my google account,
  11. can I add a google account to windows system,
  12. problems with adding google account windows phone,
  13. how to add google account on windows 10,
  14. add phone to google account from windows,
  15. i cant add google account in window phone