Windows 10: can't add Hello Pin to my Windows 10 Pro/ can't link my Windows to my Microsoft Account

Discus and support can't add Hello Pin to my Windows 10 Pro/ can't link my Windows to my Microsoft Account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Adding Pin: When I click on "Add" under "Windows Hello PIN" under "Sign-in options", a window pops up saying "Search for app in the Store? You need to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ddeck2, Aug 8, 2020.

1. ddeck2 Win User

can't add Hello Pin to my Windows 10 Pro/ can't link my Windows to my Microsoft Account

Adding Pin: When I click on "Add" under "Windows Hello PIN" under "Sign-in options", a window pops up saying "Search for app in the Store? You need to install an app for this task"

Linking to Microsoft Account: I decided to try to reinstall Windows 10 to fix this something I don't really want to do if I have another option. But to do that, support.microsoft.com says I should first link my Windows to my Microsoft Account by clicking "Add an account" in "Add a Microsoft Account". But when I do that it takes me to the "Search for app in the Store? You need to install an app for this task" window.

How do I fix these issues?

:)

ddeck2, Aug 8, 2020
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Brendaeet Win User
    Can't use Windows Hello & Pin

I always use windows hello but all of a sudden it only lets me use a pin with the message"Your Pin is required to sign in". I can't even select windows hello. Tried to click "i forgot my pin" but my surface go didn't respond, and now i can't log in at all.

Restarted several times. I'm not sure if i set up a password with this account. I didn't link the surface to my Microsoft account either.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Brendaeet, Aug 8, 2020
  4. can't add Hello Pin to my Windows 10 Pro/ can't link my Windows to my Microsoft Account

Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

can't add Hello Pin to my Windows 10 Pro/ can't link my Windows to my Microsoft Account windows%2010%20pro_zpsfb4x7tmp.png

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

can't add Hello Pin to my Windows 10 Pro/ can't link my Windows to my Microsoft Account

1. can't add Hello Pin to my Windows 10 Pro/ can't link my Windows to my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - can't add Hello

2. Can't add my phone number to my microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add my phone number to my microsoft account.: Whenever I try to add my phone number to my account, this notification appears: The phone number you entered isn’t valid. Your phone number can contain numbers, spaces and these special characters: [ ] . - * /. I've tried restarting my computer, trying to do it on my phone,...
  3. Can't add my phone number to my microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add my phone number to my microsoft account.: Whenever I try to add my phone number to my account, this notification appears: The phone number you entered isn’t valid. Your phone number can contain numbers, spaces and these special characters: [ ] . - * /. I've tried restarting my computer, trying to do it on my phone,...
  4. Can't add my Microsoft account in my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add my Microsoft account in my pc: Hi, my pc is connected to a local Microsoft account but i can't add my personal Microsoft account in my pc. Whenever I'm clicking "sign in with a Microsoft account instead" It's showing a black screen and then it's closing automatically without giving any sign in option....
  5. Can't change my pin of my account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change my pin of my account: I can't change my pin of my account. Is it because I got my school account connected? I can only set a normal password submitted by /u/midsty [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ie4ulp/cant_change_my_pin_of_my_account/
  6. WIndows Hello can't find my account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WIndows Hello can't find my account: I am signed into my microsoft account on my desktop and I'm also signed in online. I am attempting to add a fingerprint scan but it is still making me enter my pin even after my finger is recognized. In my settings, it says I don't even have a pin created even though I use...
  7. can't add device to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't add device to my Microsoft account: My problem is that I bought a product from the Microsoft Store on my windows 10 laptop. I downloaded it there just fine. If I log into my Microsoft account on my Windows 8.1 desktop, go to the Microsoft store to buy the same product, it says "you own this game". There is...
  8. I can't reset my Windows Hello Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't reset my Windows Hello Pin: I can't reset my Windows Hello pin. I DO NOT have the option to "Remove" the pin in the "Sign In Options" settings. I have tried to reset the passcode on lock screen, but it doesn't work either because my domain credentials aren't tied to the passcode portion. I have removed...
  9. Can't add my laptop to one of my Microsoft accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't add my laptop to one of my Microsoft accounts: Split from this thread. No. This is not my problem. My problem is that I can't add my device (Laptop) to one of my microsoft accounts. It shows up on my second account but not on that other one and can not be added. Problem is I bought an app from the store through...
  10. I can't link my Google account to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't link my Google account to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 PC: When I attempted to connect my Gmail/Google account to my Windows account in Settings, I received an error code. This happened repeatedly, even though my internet connection is working fine and I have enabled account connecting in my Google settings. Also, when I go to my...