Windows 10: Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app

Discus and support Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I try to add a Hotmail account to the Mail app (which I literally just downloaded and installed from the Store), I get this error after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bguffield, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app

Whenever I try to add a Hotmail account to the Mail app (which I literally just downloaded and installed from the Store), I get this error after I select the account on the screen prior:

https://i.imgur.com/rWRvHVl.png

What to do? The mail account exists and I can access it through https://www.hotmail.com without issue. Using Win 10 Pro (v1909).

submitted by /u/bguffield
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bguffield, Apr 5, 2020

2. My hotmail account could not be added to the mail and calendar app

Hi Jayson,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We apologize for not being able to address your concern in a timely manner.

I suggest you to install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Let's try to follow these methods below, to resolve the issue:

Method 1:

Try to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps and refer to the link below:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

If the issue still persists, let's try to follow these steps below, to fix your issue:

Add and remove the Hotmail account on Mail App:

I suggest you to remove Hotmail account and add this account again in Mail app.

Try these steps below to delete the Hotmail account on Mail app.

• Type Mail App in the search bar on the desktop and click on Add account in the Mail app Window.
    • Check for Hotmail account on Choose an account Window, then Tap or click the Hotmail account you want to remove.
    • At the bottom, tap or click Remove account or Remove all accounts, thus remove the Hotmail account.

Try these steps below to reconfigure Hotmail account on Mail app.

• Type Mail App in the search bar on the desktop and click on Add account in the Mail app Window.
    • Check for Hotmail account on Choose an account Window. If it is not available, go to Other account.
    • Add you Hotmail account Email address and Password in the Other account Window and check, if it works.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists in the Microsoft user account, let's try to run Microsoft account troubleshooter and check, if it works.

The Microsoft Account Troubleshooter scans a Windows 10 system for issues and repairs problems that are found in relation to your Microsoft Account.

The following issues are checked by the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter program:

•Corrupt Microsoft Account settings

•Can’t connect to the sync service

•Problems with Microsoft account Policy

•Microsoft Account required

•Connection issues due to proxy or certificate issues

•Check for roaming GPO enabled status

•Problem with system registration

•Signed in with a guest account, or Roaming User Profiles enabled

•You are not connected to the Internet

•Proxy Settings

•You have reached your daily sync quote

•Sync your settings is turned off

•Check system not activated.

Refer to the following link to run the troubleshooter:

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter:

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Apr 5, 2020
  3. rpsgc Win User
    rpsgc, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Helmut Win User

Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app

Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?

Just add them. You can have any number of Outlook Mail Accounts in the Windows 10 Mail App.
    Both of my Outlook Email Accounts are setup in the Windows 10 Mail App.

You use the top selection for Outlook, nothing to do with PC user accounts as such. I actually use a Local Account for the PC.

Historically, they were pre 2012 Hotmail Accounts which were transferred and the old Hotmail address appears as a folder(linked account) in the Outlook Accounts. Thus old stray Hotmails are still received.
    Back in 2012 MS asked people to change to Outlook Mail as MS were going to close down Hotmail, however they never seemed to actually do that.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app

1. Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app - Similar Threads - Can't add Hotmail

2. how to add a hotmail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to add a hotmail account: how can I add a hotmail.ca account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-hotmail-account/d0e1d056-f7dd-469d-be09-8a6d6d836c29
  3. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  4. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  5. I can't add Email account to Mail app.

I can't add Email account to Mail app.: I can't add my Email account to Mail app. Error code: 0x80070490 as the picture below.I've tried 2 times reset window, but nothing changed.I install "Kaspersky Anti-Virus", scan and the result is safe. I found out that if I turn it on , there will be a dialogue as below. If I...
  6. Can't add account to Win10 mail app

Can't add account to Win10 mail app: I have done a clean install of Windows 10 with all updates to version 10.0.19042 build 19042. When I try to add my email account using POP3/IMAP option it gives error code 0x8007139f. I tried setting up the servers in the advanced menu to imap.virginmedia.com incoming and...
  7. Can't add an email account to Windows mail app

Can't add an email account to Windows mail app: I cannot add another email in the mail app. I go through the steps but Windows gets stuck on this screen. I've left it for hours but it does not make any progress. Thank you in advance. [ATTACH]...
  8. Can't add account to Mail.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add account to Mail.: I press and press the Add Account button and it does nothing , i also cant login to microsoft store as well submitted by /u/ilovefood322 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eghpav/cant_add_account_to_mail/
  9. Can't add account to my Mail app

Can't add account to my Mail app: Whenever I try to add my gmail account to windows' mail app I always get the error 0x8007042b. I already tried reinstalling the app and it still doesn't works. I have another laptop connected to the same network and it's able to sync my email flawlessly but I still can't do...
  10. Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App: Hi I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add hotmail account to mail app win 10