Windows 10: Can't add in fingerprint or pin

Discus and support Can't add in fingerprint or pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I try to change or add the pin or fingerprint, it states "something went wrong,. Try again later" can someone tell me how to resolve this?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by guokangleon, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Can't add in fingerprint or pin

When I try to change or add the pin or fingerprint, it states "something went wrong,. Try again later" can someone tell me how to resolve this?

:)

guokangleon, Nov 1, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

PIN and FingerPrint not working

Hi,

We understand that you're having challenges with your finger print login option. You may be facing it due to various reasons. To start troubleshooting, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the
    finger print driverand check if the issue reoccur. Follow the steps below:

• Delete the fingerprints you've already registered.
    • Press Windows Key + R Key.
    • Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Uninstall the current driver the current diver under "Biometric devices".
    • You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Nov 1, 2019
  3. PIN and FingerPrint not working

Hi,

I am having problem while signin-in my pin and my fingerprint is not working in my dell Vostro if I try to setup I cant setup them so please suggest me some measures

thank you

ArengaNathan, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Can't add in fingerprint or pin

Windows Hello fingerprint and PIN setup crashes

Hi,

It's odd for your fingerprint not to work after your computer wakes up from sleep mode. The power management settings could have something to do with it. Let's isolate your concern by modifying the power management through Device Manager. Simply follow the
    steps below:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your computer, then select
      Device Manager.
    • locate your fingerprint reader, it should be in Biometric Devices section.
    • Right click the fingerprint reader, then choose Properties.
    • Navigate to Power Management tab, then uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    • Click OK.

We also suggest disabling and enabling the Credential Manager service. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, then type in services.msc.
    • Look for Credential Manager service, then double click on it.
    • Under General tab, Select Stop.
    • Once you've stopped the service, click on Start to restart the service.
    • Click Apply and OK to save the changes.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Carlos Tin, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Can't add in fingerprint or pin

1. Can't add in fingerprint or pin - Similar Threads - Can't add fingerprint

2. why can't I add a fingerprint / faceid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't I add a fingerprint / faceid: I've had my computer for about 3 months now im on windows 11 and this problem is very annoying.I managed to set up a pin but it wont let me set up a fingerprint.Is there any way to fix this?...
  3. why can't I add a fingerprint / faceid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't I add a fingerprint / faceid: I've had my computer for about 3 months now im on windows 11 and this problem is very annoying.I managed to set up a pin but it wont let me set up a fingerprint.Is there any way to fix this?...
  4. Can't add fingerprint on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't add fingerprint on Windows 10: I'm trying to add a fingerprint for sign-in. Sign-in options > Windows Hello Fingerprint > Set up > Get started, and then nothing changes except hiding the Get started option :My PC:HP ZBook 15And, as checked, There isn't any update for the Biometric device named :...
  5. Can't add fingerprint on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add fingerprint on Windows 10: I'm trying to add a fingerprint for sign-in. Sign-in options > Windows Hello Fingerprint > Set up > Get started, and then nothing changes except hiding the Get started option :My PC:HP ZBook 15And, as checked, There isn't any update for the Biometric device named :...
  6. Can't add fingerprint on Windows 10

7. Can't add PIN

Can't add PIN: I'm unable to add PIN in the account settings. Click the OK button does nothing . I've tried as many way as I could find but still can't fix it. If anyone know how, please help me. [ATTACH] Edit: Things I've tried: Delete files in Ngc folder Reset ACLs on Ngc folder...
  8. Can't add another fingerprint.

Can't add another fingerprint.: Hi. I'm having trouble adding a new fingerprint. When I tried to add a new fingerprint, Windows said: "Your device is having trouble recognizing you.". I recognize that my already added finger works just fine, but adding a new finger just doesn't work. I tried cleaning the...
  9. Windows 10 Pro: Add PIN/Fingerprint fails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro: Add PIN/Fingerprint fails: Hi, i got some new Dell's (Vostro with latest Win 10 Pro 1903 fully patched) and want to enable PIN & Fingerprint for the new users. All Users have Office 365 Pro Plus Emails. The Laptop is online, as i have installed all Updates and Chrome and Web Connection is working...
  10. Can't sign into windows store or add fingerprint

Can't sign into windows store or add fingerprint: I was recently having an issue with my keyboard, i tried resetting my laptop to try and fix the issue. This has just cost more problems as i can now no longer sign into the store app, the app had to be manually re downloaded and now whenever i try to sign in its just a blank...