Windows 10: Cant add MS account of child to the "family"

Discus and support Cant add MS account of child to the "family" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I create MS account for my child, I send the invitation from my MS account, I try to ask for permition from Childs account when I login as a child"...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jozef Dubovec, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Cant add MS account of child to the "family"

I create MS account for my child, I send the invitation from my MS account, I try to ask for permition from Childs account when I login as a child"... I already try to do this with MS support... Still I cant "add child to family". Every try end with the same answer from MS: "Something is wrong"

:)

Jozef Dubovec, Dec 4, 2022
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Problems adding a child on the family account

Hello,

We're here to help.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Do note, you need to accept the email invitation from a device with the Child account currently logged in.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Dec 4, 2022
  3. Child option not present in Windows 10 Family Safety

Hi George,

Thank you for your response.

• Are you trying these steps in admin account or a local account?
    The steps given in the link ahs to be performed in the Website and a invite has to sent from the web and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the link and check the Add a child account to your family and check
    if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 4, 2022
  4. Cant add MS account of child to the "family"

How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

Cant add MS account of child to the "family"

1. Cant add MS account of child to the "family" - Similar Threads - Cant add account

2. Can not add childs account to family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can not add childs account to family: Hello,I already contacted support but was redirected here. I can not add my child's account to family. After giving adult consent I get an error message in my language saying "something is not working, the problem is on our end, not on yours". I tried different devices and...
  3. Can not add childs account to family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not add childs account to family: Hello,I already contacted support but was redirected here. I can not add my child's account to family. After giving adult consent I get an error message in my language saying "something is not working, the problem is on our end, not on yours". I tried different devices and...
  4. Can not add childs account to family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Child Account added herself as Organizer Cant add to the family

Child Account added herself as Organizer Cant add to the family: My kids account shows that she is the family organizer. Whey i invite her to add to my family group. It says she needs to exist from current group. You're already in a family groupYou'll need to leave your current family group to join a new one.To leave a group, select Go to...
  6. Child Account added herself as Organizer Cant add to the family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child Account added herself as Organizer Cant add to the family: My kids account shows that she is the family organizer. Whey i invite her to add to my family group. It says she needs to exist from current group. You're already in a family groupYou'll need to leave your current family group to join a new one.To leave a group, select Go to...
  7. Child Account added herself as Organizer Cant add to the family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cant add MS account of child to the "family"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant add MS account of child to the "family": I create MS account for my child, I send the invitation from my MS account, I try to ask for permition from Childs account when I login as a child"... I already try to do this with MS support... Still I cant "add child to family". Every try end with the same answer from MS:...
  9. Can't add my child to family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add my child to family account: I have just set up a new Windows 11 PC for my child and started an MS account for him. It worked fine until he restarted the PC and now he needs my permission to sign in. He is not in my family group, so I follow the instructions to add him. It says to go to my family account...
  10. Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family

Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family: Hi - I'm having some frustrating challenges setting up a child account on my Windows 10 PC. I successfully created a child account, and am able to log into the PC using that account. What I'm having trouble with is adding the child account to my 'family' so that I can...