Windows 10: Can't add my laptop to one of my Microsoft accounts

Discus and support Can't add my laptop to one of my Microsoft accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. No. This is not my problem. My problem is that I can't add my device (Laptop) to one of my microsoft accounts. It shows up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeraldGaston, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Can't add my laptop to one of my Microsoft accounts

Split from this thread.​

No. This is not my problem. My problem is that I can't add my device (Laptop) to one of my microsoft accounts.

It shows up on my second account but not on that other one and can not be added.

Problem is I bought an app from the store through that first account before I noticed that my device was not on it and can't be added. Is there some way I can transfer the app to my other account which seems to be working fine.

Don't really know why I have two accounts anyway.

Regards. Gerry.

:)

GeraldGaston, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Laptop not listed in Devices in Microsoft Account

Hi Taleys,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that your laptop is not appearing among the list of trusted devices.

Thank you for mentioning the steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to make sure the laptop has been verified.

1. Sign in to the main computer with your Microsoft Account.

2. Press Windows key + I to open settings

3. Click on "accounts" and select "your account" on the left pane.

4. Check if the option to verify your identity is available.

5. If so, click "verify" and follow the on-screen instructions.

6. Once that is done, begin the setup steps given in the article
    and check again.

Get back to us with the response. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Can't add my laptop to one of my Microsoft accounts

Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Can't add my laptop to one of my Microsoft accounts

1. Can't add my laptop to one of my Microsoft accounts - Similar Threads - Can't add laptop

2. I can't add a student account to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't add a student account to my laptop.: I am trying to set up a student account on my laptop and I keep getting blocked with this error message. I don't know what to check or uncheck to get this to work. I am using Windows 11 Home...
  3. I can't add a student account to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't add a student account to my laptop.: I am trying to set up a student account on my laptop and I keep getting blocked with this error message. I don't know what to check or uncheck to get this to work. I am using Windows 11 Home...
  4. Can't add my phone number to my microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add my phone number to my microsoft account.: Whenever I try to add my phone number to my account, this notification appears: The phone number you entered isn’t valid. Your phone number can contain numbers, spaces and these special characters: [ ] . - * /. I've tried restarting my computer, trying to do it on my phone,...
  5. Can't add my phone number to my microsoft account.

Can't add my phone number to my microsoft account.: Whenever I try to add my phone number to my account, this notification appears: The phone number you entered isn’t valid. Your phone number can contain numbers, spaces and these special characters: [ ] . - * /. I've tried restarting my computer, trying to do it on my phone,...
  6. Why can't I add my laptop to my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I add my laptop to my microsoft account?: I removed my device to try something and wanted to re add it and it wont let me, saying my serial number is invalid when I know it is correct...
  7. Why can't I add my laptop to my microsoft account?

Why can't I add my laptop to my microsoft account?: I removed my device to try something and wanted to re add it and it wont let me, saying my serial number is invalid when I know it is correct...
  8. Can't add money to Microsoft account for my child

Can't add money to Microsoft account for my child: My child wants to buy game apps from Microsoft store, so I need to add money to his Microsoft account. It prompts me the same error message everytime I add money. It says "Sorry, something went wrong.We're not sure what happened but refreshing...
  9. Can't add my Microsoft account in my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add my Microsoft account in my pc: Hi, my pc is connected to a local Microsoft account but i can't add my personal Microsoft account in my pc. Whenever I'm clicking "sign in with a Microsoft account instead" It's showing a black screen and then it's closing automatically without giving any sign in option....
  10. can't add device to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't add device to my Microsoft account: My problem is that I bought a product from the Microsoft Store on my windows 10 laptop. I downloaded it there just fine. If I log into my Microsoft account on my Windows 8.1 desktop, go to the Microsoft store to buy the same product, it says "you own this game". There is...