Windows 10: Can't add new account to Contacts people

Discus and support Can't add new account to Contacts people in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to add a new account to People/Contacts but I keep getting an error message 0x80004005. It's an pop/imap account. Can someone help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lidyalesmono, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Can't add new account to Contacts people

Hi,

I am trying to add a new account to People/Contacts but I keep getting an error message 0x80004005.

It's an pop/imap account.

Can someone help me please.

cheers,

:)

lidyalesmono, Apr 25, 2020

2. People - New Contact

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you’re trying to import contacts from your
    Live Account
    and Microsoft account to People app.

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps to import contacts from the above mentioned accounts.

1. Open People app. Tap on Options menu
      (…) > Go to Settings.
    2. Tap on Add an Account.
    3. Next choose the Email account from which you want to import your contacts.
    4. Enter your Email account credentials and sign in. Your contacts will be imported to People app.

Please refer the section Add contacts from the article
    People app help for more information.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 25, 2020
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Apr 25, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

Can't add new account to Contacts people

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't add new account to Contacts people

1. Can't add new account to Contacts people - Similar Threads - Can't add account

2. People/Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People/Contacts: I have Windows 11 and using the Windows mail app. I have 2 google email address I use which are set up with Windows mail. When I click on the people icon to show contacts it is empty. When I try to import my google contacts it tries to create a account and then says that...
  3. People/Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People/Contacts: I have Windows 11 and using the Windows mail app. I have 2 google email address I use which are set up with Windows mail. When I click on the people icon to show contacts it is empty. When I try to import my google contacts it tries to create a account and then says that...
  4. Add Contacts to People - from Bell account

in Browsers and Email
    Add Contacts to People - from Bell account: Hi all, I just set up another computer at work, Win10 Pro, and Im adding email accounts to Mail. This includes Bell accounts which are not listed and have to go under "Other" IP/POP. No problem. But when I wont to import contacts from these Bell accounts, the People app does...
  5. Problem getting Windows 10 mail to add a new contact to the People App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem getting Windows 10 mail to add a new contact to the People App: I am using Windows 10 Mail and the People App for contacts. Problem is I can't get any new emails that come in to create a new contact in the People App. I have looked for a solution online and it sounds like it should allow me to create a new contact by clicking in the...
  6. Can't add contacts from Windows 10 emails to people app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't add contacts from Windows 10 emails to people app: Recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I can access my emails from my old POP3 account in the windows 10 mail app, but can't add the contacts from incomingnew emails into the people app. any suggestions?...
  7. People - New Contact

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People - New Contact: "Save to" gives me choice to save new contact details to i) 'Live' account or ii) Microsoft account. What should I do and how to I find contacts I already have in each ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-new-contact/b60cd96e-5ae8-43e5-8e50-bd2cb677d8df
  8. Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail: When I click "Add" to add an account to either of these apps, I get no response. No error message, nothing logged in windows event viewer. I have rebooted and get the same result....
  9. People Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    People Contacts: When I open People in Win 10, several of my contacts are missing. I still have Win Live Mail 2012. I have to copy the missing contacts from Win Live mail to People. Does any one know why some of my contacts are missing in People? I tried to import my contacts from Win Live...
  10. Can't add a new account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't add a new account: I log in as administrator. When I click on Add someone else to this PC all I get is a new window that disappears instantly. Found out you can't do it as inbuilt administrator. 67530