Windows 10: Can't add new accounts on Mail & Calendar for Windows 10

Discus and support Can't add new accounts on Mail & Calendar for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; 0x8007042b error whenever I try to add a Gmail or Yahoo! account. I've followed these directions to no avail. Uninstalling the program or resetting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThesaurusRex84, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Can't add new accounts on Mail & Calendar for Windows 10

0x8007042b error whenever I try to add a Gmail or Yahoo! account.

I've followed these directions to no avail.

Uninstalling the program or resetting it in App Settings not only does not fix the problem, but it doesn't even delete my account data.

Running out of ideas. Shame because it's a great app when it works.

submitted by /u/ThesaurusRex84
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThesaurusRex84, Jan 14, 2021
  2. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

3. Mel Tar Win User
    Mel Tar, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Can't add new accounts on Mail & Calendar for Windows 10

Mail and Calendar app stuck on Creating account

All,
    My Mail and Calendar app has failed to work since this morning.
    It stopped receiving any mail this morning, with the reset of the mail app pretty much making it useless.

Can't add new accounts on Mail & Calendar for Windows 10 [​IMG]

I have reset the app, restarted the computer and now the next step if it has to happen, a FULL reset of the computer.
    Is there any problems with the way Gmail has been set up today?
    I am running Windows 10 1903 x64 on a Lenovo 330-15ikb.
    Thanks

tornadosurvivor, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Can't add new accounts on Mail & Calendar for Windows 10

1. Can't add new accounts on Mail & Calendar for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't add accounts

2. Windows 10 Calendar and Google Calendar - Can't Add Google Account Stuck at "Creating Account"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Calendar and Google Calendar - Can't Add Google Account Stuck at "Creating Account": I am trying to add my google calendar into windows 10 calendar. I add my google email and password and agree to the terms and then the application just gets completely stuck at Add an account "creating account". I uninstalled the windows 10 calendar app and still get the same...
  3. Can't add calendars to Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add calendars to Mail app: Hi, I am using the Windows 10 Mail app. I would like to add a calendar to it. However when i go to Calendar -> Add Calendars not much happens. A blank page appears, the circle is running endlessly and there is no change. I am connected to the internet. I have restarted...
  4. Can't add new calendar to calendars app??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add new calendar to calendars app??: So I'm trying to add my school schedule to my Windows 10 calendar through URL. I open the calendar app and click "Add calendars" and then it just shows the loading screen with "Powered by Bing" on the bottom. I can wait for hours and nothing happens. submitted by /u/rmychvr...
  5. Can't add new email account to Mail

Can't add new email account to Mail: My hotmail account was linked to my mail app in Win10. I received a notification the it needed "fixing", however it was unable to fix itself. I was still able to receive mail and sign in on other devices. So I unlinked the account a planned to re-link it, however now when I...
  6. Can't add account to Mail.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add account to Mail.: I press and press the Add Account button and it does nothing , i also cant login to microsoft store as well submitted by /u/ilovefood322 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eghpav/cant_add_account_to_mail/
  7. Can't add a Google account in Windows 10 for calendar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't add a Google account in Windows 10 for calendar: Link Here is exactly what happened. When I clicked on Google, it says creating account. What should happen after that is that one login page of Google should pop up, which doesnt in the video. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks...
  8. Can't add Gmail account to "mail" on Window 10

Can't add Gmail account to "mail" on Window 10: Hi, I am using Zenbook flip 15 and I have tried 4 solutions already (as shown below) and none of them worked. 1. The most common solution: advanced setting and typing imap.gmail.com:993 and smtp.gmail.com:465 2. enable IMAP on my gmail account 3. check if firewall...
  9. Can't add gmail account to windows 10 Calendar app, but it works fine in Mail app

Can't add gmail account to windows 10 Calendar app, but it works fine in Mail app: I am able to add and sync my gmail account in the Windows 10 mail app just fine, but, for some reason, it doesn't work on the Calendar app. I've tried adding my account to Calendar using advanced setup and manually inputted the IMAP fields, but it still doesn't work. I've...
  10. Mail and Calendar crash and no ability to add accounts

Mail and Calendar crash and no ability to add accounts: Hello. I have been using Windows 10 (home) for a while and I know my way around generally. Today, I'm having a weird issue with Mail and Calendar apps as both started to crash without any apparent reason. I tried to remove them (using powershell) and reinstalled from Store...